Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
I liked my older Otter case used on my 11 I traded in for new 15 Pro. Now have the Otter Defender Pro. XT $70US meets the military 6 ft drop test.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Not bad. This year’s version is much improved over last year’s. It’s not nearly as bad as the aramid cases, but of course not as good as the Caudabe.
Is there any protective lining on the inside of the metal buttons?

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
I went with this as i wanted a basic case and most of your reqs. The only thing that you have on here that is not covered on this case is the hard shell. I like basic, no logo, cases.

Unfortunately I am pretty set on no hardshell. I worry about grit getting in between the polycarbonate and the titanium and scratching the Ti. It also makes a horrible noise when putting it on. If there was a rubber insert between the two I would be fine with a hardshell case.

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Not a clue which case to go for now.

The intention when I ordered my phone was to get the caudabe synthesis and dbrand ghost and be done.

I’ve had an absolute mare with caudabe and after seeing Tee’s video am not sure about the ghost.
Same scenario. Most likely done with Caudabe at this point since email replies are taking about 5-7 days on average

From getting the wrong replacement case on my first request to not understanding the situation on replacing my cutout Synthesis with the dislodged magnet (told me to use the one time courtesy code and get a button cover version...)

Will likely switch to the Ghost as my main once I have in hand

Reactions: lyceumHQ

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
To anyone who has the Caseology Nano Pop:

Are the coloured camera surrounds swappable? I like the blue case but hate the yellow surround, so debating ordering the back case too and then taking the grey camera surround from it and putting it on the blue case.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Ordered a blue synthesis. Takes two weeks to arrive in the UK (obviously that’s nothing to do with caudabe), magnets fall off the day it arrives. Contact them, they say they’ll send a replacement. Two weeks later I reach out again as no tracking email. They hadn’t sent it. They send it the next day. It arrives two weeks later, the wrong colour.

Waiting to hear back from them again to see what happens now.
Yikes. I’ve had trouble on orders and returns with a couple of companies this year. Next year I think I’ll stick to cases I can purchase from Amazon.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
To anyone who has the Caseology Nano Pop:

Are the coloured camera surrounds swappable? I like the blue case but hate the yellow surround, so debating ordering the back case too and then taking the grey camera surround from it and putting it on the blue case.
I bought one but returned it even without opening the box and trying it. It states on their web site that the case may show circular imprints from compression with the MagSafe charger over time. Someone here mentioned it happened to theirs. It’s a really nice case and I actually like the blue with the yellow camera ring but if it’s going to show imprints it’s a no go for me.

nduug

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2021
Does someone have a Journey vegan leather case?

They look very stylish to me. But for now they are only available for customers in USA and UK. (I'm in Belgium).
Journey's support team was very quick to react but couldn't give me any information on when I'd be able to order.

Hoping they're as nice as they look in the promotional pictures...

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
I bought one but returned it even without opening the box and trying it. It states on their web site that the case may show circular imprints from compression with the MagSafe charger over time. Someone here mentioned it happened to theirs. It’s a really nice case and I actually like the blue with the yellow camera ring but if it’s going to show imprints it’s a no go for me.
Yeah I did spot that. I'm actually kind of OK with the imprints though - so many cases I've tried have them (even if they claim they don't) that I decided a while back that I'd live with it else it would mean ignoring lots of cases that I otherwise like/want.

So going to give this a go, but just really really hoping the camera surrounds can be swapped 🤞🏻

Reactions: Mr.C

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
Yeah I did spot that. I'm actually kind of OK with the imprints though - so many cases I've tried have them (even if they claim they don't) that I decided a while back that I'd live with it else it would mean ignoring lots of cases that I otherwise like/want.

So going to give this a go, but just really really hoping the camera surrounds can be swapped 🤞🏻
I am currently using this case, no they can not be swapped. It is all one piece.

Reactions: Mr.C

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
The forums are full of reports about the many who have dropped their new uncased phones, what is it old W. Bush said Children do learn.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Does anyone have the updated UAG Civilian with the Action button? Curious how the button feels…

IMG_1818.jpeg

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
I went with this as i wanted a basic case and most of your reqs. The only thing that you have on here that is not covered on this case is the hard shell. I like basic, no logo, cases.

Using this case as we speak and like it!! Adds some bulk, but nothing crazy will probably put my Pitaka back on one of these days

Sard0nyx

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2023
Does someone have a Journey vegan leather case?

They look very stylish to me. But for now they are only available for customers in USA and UK. (I'm in Belgium).
Journey's support team was very quick to react but couldn't give me any information on when I'd be able to order.

Hoping they're as nice as they look in the promotional pictures...
No action button?

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Gripmonk owners. How is it this year?
I returned mine. The fit was uneven, particularly around the front screen protection. It didn’t even go over the screen in some spots. I never had a problem with their cases in the past. Used them for the 7, X, XS, and 11 Pro. Got a Caudabe Synthesis on the way to fill that gap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.