Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The aramid 15 Pro version I had fit perfectly and didn't have any of the popping issues the Pro Max version does. Aside from the fingerprint issues with aramid cases I like everything about the Mous case. It felt fantastic to hold and I liked how it looked. The glaring issue was the price. Comparted to the Spigen Enzo Aramid for just over half the price the Mous is ludicrously overpriced. The Benks was nice too but for $15 less (at the time I ordered it) I liked the Spigen better.

I would like to try the leather version if it was $45-50 but at $65 it's just way too expensive for what it is.
A 15PM can be upwards of $1,500, so to me a $20-$30 difference in the price of a case seems negligible as long as the case is functional and enjoyable to use. YMMV 😊

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I just received the matte black Spigen Ultra Hybrid case and I’m loving it, especially with how it contrasts with My white 15 pro! I went with this because i still wanted a clear case, without having to worry about a soft tpu case that will just yellow over time. I’ve used several of these in the past and it’s always been phenomenal!
View attachment 2304478
Is it grippy? Wonder if the matte sides make the case more grippy than a full clear case?

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
A 15PM can be upwards of $1,500, so to me a $20-$30 difference in the price of a case seems negligible as long as the case is functional and enjoyable to use. YMMV 😊
You're not wrong there. But when I've got 5-7 cases I'm swapping between (this forum has been a bad influence on me) I needed to narrow it down to one aramid case. For me the Spigen was the best mix of everything and came in at the lowest price which was a nice bonus.

Don't get me wrong, the Mous is a really nice case. I'd really like to have one in my collection but it wasn't $15-30 nicer than the cases I have. To me the Spigen at $35-40 feels far more premium that the Mous does for significantly less money. I'm going to keep an eye on the leather version and see if one pops up on Amazon Warehouse or with a coupon brings it down to the $45-50 range. At that price it would be an instant buy.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
You're not wrong there. But when I've got 5-7 cases I'm swapping between (this forum has been a bad influence on me) I needed to narrow it down to one aramid case. For me the Spigen was the best mix of everything and came in at the lowest price which was a nice bonus.

Don't get me wrong, the Mous is a really nice case. I'd really like to have one in my collection but it wasn't $15-30 nicer than the cases I have. To me the Spigen at $35-40 feels far more premium that the Mous does for significantly less money. I'm going to keep an eye on the leather version and see if one pops up on Amazon Warehouse or with a coupon brings it down to the $45-50 range. At that price it would be an instant buy.
I wish you good luck with that phone case.

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
For those of you who like the Synthesis over the Sheath, does it not bother you that there isn't a microfiber lining? It's the one thing that's holding me back from that case.
This is the first year they used the microfiber lining for the Sheath series. It likely made the MagSafe magnets weaker based off the reviews I've seen

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
For those of you who like the Synthesis over the Sheath, does it not bother you that there isn't a microfiber lining? It's the one thing that's holding me back from that case.
Does not bother me. I had the Sheath for my 14 PM and used it pretty much daily, my 14 is still in great condition. This is the first year they've used the lining inside of the Sheath, so not having it on the Synthesis doesn't bother me, and I wouldn't worry about the phone getting scratched because of it.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
One of the first cases I ordered this year was the Mous Limitless in aramid for the 15 Pro Max. It had a fit issue that caused it to “pop” when grasped firmly (super annoying). I returned it and the replacement had the same problem. After that I looked elsewhere and went through a ton of cases that all had one issue or another (newsflash: it appears there’s no perfect case). In the meantime, I heard that the Limitless fit issue was only with the aramid version, so this past week I decided to give it one more try with the walnut back plate. Lo and behold, no fit issues with this case. I wasn’t sure about the walnut finish in photos, but I’m starting to dig the “70’s console stereo” vibe. Plus, it pretty much shows zero fingerprints, which is a huge improvement over the aramid version.

Things I like about this case:
  • Arguably the best thinness-to-toughness ratio of any case on the market
  • Tight fit and rigid sides - no chance of saggy bottoms or floppy buttons
  • Grippy, but not too grippy
  • Excellent floating TPU buttons, perhaps even better than metal due to being quieter and less likely to mar the phone (some people have complained that the buttons are too sensitive, but I haven’t experienced that on the three samples I’ve had)
  • Resistant to fingerprints and smudges
Things that could be improved:
  • The camera guard could be a little deeper
  • The dual logos are a bit much
  • The back edges are a little sharp
For now I’m back on the Mous wagon; we’ll see how it goes over time.

View attachment 2304475

You are right on the money with the pros and cons IME and some of the bigger picture points. Especially the notions that 1) no case is perfect, and 2) justifying a price depends on what you value and what you are willing to spend.

I avoided the aramid fiber version for the reasons you mentioned and went with the speckled fabric. The walnut looks really nice even though I have never been a fan of wood phone cases.

Reactions: Jimmyone and Zensō

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Same here. USPS tracking status:

October 27, 2023​

11:19 pm​

Picked Up By Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item,
DEPEW, NY 14043

I am in the Philly, PA area.
Hope its decent enough to main since many of us here got it with the 20% off code. Doesn't look promising though after Tee's review lol

Reactions: walds11

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Just got shipping on my ghost too.

I was considering cancelling but was too late. Hopefully the flappy bottom doesn’t bother me too much.

Reactions: infinilo

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Overpriced for what they are for sure, made in china for peanuts and flogged for top dollar, that's why they could do the 2 for 1 deal at the beginning. All imo of course not too upset anyone lol.
I’m pretty much over 1-piece molded cases with slit buttons. I’ve used Caudabe cases on and off over the years, but their designs seem overdue for a button upgrade (the buttons on the new Sheath are meh IMO).

Last edited:

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Just got shipping on my ghost too.

I was considering cancelling but was too late. Hopefully the flappy bottom doesn’t bother me too much.
If it helps, I've had several Grip cases (various devices) from them with minor issues from wear and tear that they replaced quick with picture proof.

Reactions: lyceumHQ

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
All this talk of the sheath. For those in the UK, is it really that good that it is worth shipping from the US???
Yes.

They quote 8-12 days, but my experience with my last two orders has been more like 7-9 days. Saying that, I'm waiting for another Sheath to be delivered, it cleared customs on Saturday but hasn't been scanned into Royal Mail's system yet and it would have been by now so who knows when that will turn up.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Not my cup of tea but rebel flex is out

Attachments

• IMG_6198.png
    IMG_6198.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Delorean2006
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.