Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
finally receive my caudabe black sheath with button cover . took me almost a month to receive it button is clicky and fit is great seems like the texture is more pronounce this year compare to my 14 pro max sheath . i am curious on the pitaka mag ez pro for 15 pro max . since there is no buffer on the inner metal buttons . anyone having issue with the metal button scratching the device button itself ? since that now the case has been out for a while .

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
finally receive my caudabe black sheath with button cover . took me almost a month to receive it button is clicky and fit is great seems like the texture is more pronounce this year compare to my 14 pro max sheath . i am curious on the pitaka mag ez pro for 15 pro max . since there is no buffer on the inner metal buttons . anyone having issue with the metal button scratching the device button itself ? since that now the case has been out for a while .
i have used it for four days straight (magez pro 600d) and removed it today and all is good. i understand that if dirt or sand like debris gets in the case, having metal buttons could be a problem. but i think any buttons will be problematic if dirt gets in. i’m not worried about it. with that being said, i’m currently testing going caseless.

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
i have used it for four days straight (magez pro 600d) and removed it today and all is good. i understand that if dirt or sand like debris gets in the case, having metal buttons could be a problem. but i think any buttons will be problematic if dirt gets in. i’m not worried about it. with that being said, i’m currently testing going caseless.
What kind of material is the case made of? It looks like it would trigger my one autistic trait and over-stimulate me.

Like worn and old velvet. That stuff makes me want to rip my toenails out.

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
I dont have the courage to go caseless . Good to know that the button did not dmg the button on the device. As metal on metal its never a good thing. Since friction over the time. Especially those are the most use buttons

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
What kind of material is the case made of? It looks like it would trigger my one autistic trait and over-stimulate me.

Like worn and old velvet. That stuff makes me want to rip my toenails out.
it’s a soft touch feel. the phonerebel gen 5 aramid has a texture to it. the magez pro and spigen enzo are smooth and don’t feel like a material, just like i say a smooth soft touch feeling.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I ran the MagEZ Pro for about a week with no visible marks on the phone buttons. It doesn’t really seem like an issue to me.

Last edited:

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
it’s a soft touch feel. the phonerebel gen 5 aramid has a texture to it. the magez pro and spigen enzo are smooth and don’t feel like a material, just like i say a smooth soft touch feeling.
There is a blue mag ez pro available on my local reseller shop. I am so tempted to get it.help me resist the temptation!

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
I ran the MagEZ Pro for about a week with no visible marks on the phone buttons. It doesn’t really seen like an issue to me.
At first pitaka told me they have tested more then 10k press and found no issue with the markings on the phone buttons i didnt believe them i prefer feedback from actual user lol

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
So I'm looking to pick out a good case before I upgrade to a 15PM, I've been mainly eyeing the Mous Limitless 5.0 Atlantic Blue. I like the shade of blue it has and I'm familiar with the brand, its a good color. Its been out of stock for awhile specifically for the Pro Max size. While I wait I've been looking for alternatives in case something else gets my attention, I'd like a case with a fun design or a good shade of blue to match the exposed cameras.

What are some other good cases with fun colors or designs you'd recommend, I've also been trying to find other brands of cases that don't get talked about as much to look into and see what pops out.

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
my Grey Sheath is finally here ...

although slightly bulkier and heavier compared to Benks ArmorPro, it is more grippy and no need to babysit about the fingerprints and oils on aramid fibre

this will be my daily case

Attachments

• tempImageYFw1mu.png
    tempImageYFw1mu.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 121

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021

although slightly bulkier and heavier compared to Benks ArmorPro, it is more grippy and no need to babysit about the fingerprints and oils on aramid fibre

nice , jus curios on the bottom cut out for the charging port , do you feel there is a slight movment of the frame . how should i explain ..lol

Last edited:

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
u mean the lip? it's quite okay if you don't purposely try to pull it

it's definitely not loose
not pull it , i mean when the phone is in the case , if u try to push the lid on the bottum near the charging port is there a slide movement on the lid ? jus like example how you press the volumn button u can see the lid ( bezel of the case ) slight movement on those poor fitting phone case

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Is there any sort of 'consensus' on the best aramid case to use? I've never been a big lover of them but thinking of trying one again.

So far on my list to 'research' are: Pitaka, Benks, Spigen Enzo, Mous and Rebel.

Any others I should consider?

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
not pull it , i mean when the phone is in the case , if u try to push the lid on the bottum near the charging port is there a slide movement on the lid ? jus like example how you press the volumn button u can see the lid ( bezel of the case ) slight movement on those poor fitting phone case
nope .. I didn't observe any movement...

Reactions: Advent0903

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
Is there any sort of 'consensus' on the best aramid case to use? I've never been a big lover of them but thinking of trying one again.

So far on my list to 'research' are: Pitaka, Benks, Spigen Enzo, Mous and Rebel.

if I were you ... I will choose the cheapest 1 so even that when you don't like it your buyer remorse will be lesser

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011

Depends how protective you want it to be. I love the Pitaka magez. I love how thin it is and for me it feel great int he hand and gives me great grip. I’ve used the same on my last 3 iPhones. Although at the back of my mind I do always worry that if i drip it it offers no real protection at all

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019

I have the same exact pairing. I absolutely love it. I go back and forth from the celestial blue sheath and gray sheath with blue iPhone. Great cases!

Reactions: AE14 and Djones96

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Depends how protective you want it to be. I love the Pitaka magez. I love how thin it is and for me it feel great int he hand and gives me great grip. I’ve used the same on my last 3 iPhones. Although at the back of my mind I do always worry that if i drip it it offers no real protection at all
Thanks, I've actually gone for the Mous after searching/reading previous posts in here.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Does anyone yet have the alternative buttons for the Rebel Gen 5? I though I saw someone say a while back in this thread they were out, but just crusing their website I noticed it says to enter email address to be notified. I wasn't sure if they weren't released yet or had just sold out.

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009

I have a Benks for sale in the Marketplace 😉

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.