Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I don’t know if the one I received was defective, but I immediately returned it after seeing a faint MagSafe ring on the back (I ordered the black version).

I returned mine. The fit was uneven, particularly around the front screen protection. It didn’t even go over the screen in some spots. I never had a problem with their cases in the past. Used them for the 7, X, XS, and 11 Pro. Got a Caudabe Synthesis on the way to fill that gap.

Okay. No gripmonk for me then! Thanks.

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
I'm curious about the Gripmunk but I'm already extremely happy with my Sheath. It would very much be a sidegrade or a downgrade if the overall quality isn't as good.

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I'm curious about the Gripmunk but I'm already extremely happy with my Sheath. It would very much be a sidegrade or a downgrade if the overall quality isn't as good.
IMO it would be a downgrade from the Sheath. I do think the Gripmunk is a good case, but the grip isn't as good, and the fit isn't as good as the Sheath.

Reactions: Gridlink

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
If you cycle through the images they show a cut out for the action button. It’s probably worth clarifying before purchasing that the the cases come with a button. 🤔

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Ordered on Thursday received today. I am sorry to hear that some have had terrible customer service with Caudabe, but they seem to always understand me lol

Too many positives to mention...everyone is right about this case. I was shocked at how well it holds my Apple MagSafe wallet. Makes the Nomad Modern Leather seem like a joke. Banger of a case.

GHTXtil.jpg

Dv7gxaP.jpg

O8lMj8i.jpg

nZpTRNS.jpg

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Ordered on Thursday received today. I am sorry to hear that some have had terrible customer service with Caudabe, but they seem to always understand me lol

Too many positives to mention...everyone is right about this case. I was shocked at how well it holds my Apple MagSafe wallet. Makes the Nomad Modern Leather seem like a joke. Banger of a case.

GHTXtil.jpg

Dv7gxaP.jpg

O8lMj8i.jpg

nZpTRNS.jpg
Dont suppose you can point me in the right direction for that Widgy widget?

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022

GHTXtil.jpg

Dv7gxaP.jpg

O8lMj8i.jpg

nZpTRNS.jpg
Rocking the Synthesis today in Gray as well. Best case for the 15 IMO.

Con1750

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2015
What's thinner this year, either the Synthesis or the Sheath? I've had both before for older iPhones but definitely found the Synthesis thinner in the hand on my 14 pro even though it's supposed to be their most protective case.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK

GHTXtil.jpg

Dv7gxaP.jpg

O8lMj8i.jpg

nZpTRNS.jpg
I don’t mind the look of it in darker colours, I just can’t stand the look of that imprint to the right of the camera cut-out. If that wasn’t a thing, I’d totally go for one, but I’m so fickle lol that I just can’t live with that little bit, especially as I tend to leave my phone face down.

Reactions: Cotypubby

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I don’t mind the look of it in darker colours, I just can’t stand the look of that imprint to the right of the camera cut-out. If that wasn’t a thing, I’d totally go for one, but I’m so fickle lol that I just can’t live with that little bit, especially as I tend to leave my phone face down.

Yep that's a little extreme for me...but I get that

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs

GHTXtil.jpg

Dv7gxaP.jpg

O8lMj8i.jpg

nZpTRNS.jpg
I have this coming by Thursday. Very excited to give it a shot. Also have the 600d pitaka mag pro coming Wednesday

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
For those of you who like the Synthesis over the Sheath, does it not bother you that there isn't a microfiber lining? It's the one thing that's holding me back from that case.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
All this talk of the sheath. For those in the UK, is it really that good that it is worth shipping from the US???

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
One of the first cases I ordered this year was the Mous Limitless in aramid for the 15 Pro Max. It had a fit issue that caused it to “pop” when grasped firmly (super annoying). I returned it and the replacement had the same problem. After that I looked elsewhere and went through a ton of cases that all had one issue or another (newsflash: it appears there’s no perfect case). In the meantime, I heard that the Limitless fit issue was only with the aramid version, so this past week I decided to give it one more try with the walnut back plate. Lo and behold, no fit issues with this case. I wasn’t sure about the walnut finish in photos, but I’m starting to dig the “70’s console stereo” vibe. Plus, it pretty much shows zero fingerprints, which is a huge improvement over the aramid version.

Things I like about this case:
  • Arguably the best thinness-to-toughness ratio of any case on the market
  • Tight fit and rigid sides - no chance of saggy bottoms or floppy buttons
  • Grippy, but not too grippy
  • Excellent floating TPU buttons, perhaps even better than metal due to being quieter and less likely to mar the phone (some people have complained that the buttons are too sensitive, but I haven’t experienced that on the three samples I’ve had)
  • Resistant to fingerprints and smudges
Things that could be improved:
  • The camera guard could be a little deeper
  • The dual logos are a bit much
  • The back edges are a little sharp
For now I’m back in the Mous Club; we’ll see how it goes over time.

DSCF2348.jpeg

Last edited:

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
The aramid 15 Pro version I had fit perfectly and didn't have any of the popping issues the Pro Max version does. Aside from the fingerprint issues with aramid cases I like everything about the Mous case. It felt fantastic to hold and I liked how it looked. The glaring issue was the price. Comparted to the Spigen Enzo Aramid for just over half the price the Mous is ludicrously overpriced. The Benks was nice too but for $15 less (at the time I ordered it) I liked the Spigen better.

I would like to try the leather version if it was $45-50 but at $65 it's just way too expensive for what it is.

Reactions: Zensō

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2016
I just received the matte black Spigen Ultra Hybrid case and I’m loving it, especially with how it contrasts with My white 15 pro! I went with this because i still wanted a clear case, without having to worry about a soft tpu case that will just yellow over time. I’ve used several of these in the past and it’s always been phenomenal!
IMG_1585.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.