Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I think that would be pretty with your pink phone! I used to have a loopy case, I thought I would love it when I bought it, but I never really liked it and after a while I gave up with it.

I’ve had it the last like 4 years lol I feel weird when I don’t use it but I miss MagSafe.

Rivanov

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
I always have the regular Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear case for my iPhone. I already received the 15 Pro version last week. But with the new Standby mode in iOS 17 i'm thinking about buying a MagSafe stand for my nightstand.

Since MagSafe won't work properly with a non-MagSafe case I'm thinking about buying the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear Case with Graphite MagSafe ring. Because I really really hate the look of the MagSafe ring on the back of the case, I'm hoping the Graphite version blends in nicely with the Natural Titanium 15 Pro.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Pitaka Magez Pro for 15 pro. Feels slippery as ever but beautiful case.
005e38937391f1b59451304bc801f031.jpg

9feae2937dc65093b02d81951bd09b93.jpg

c2c0bc8e3c9b50940b9ac992e401841f.jpg
Is this the 600d or the 1500?

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Can someone that has the OtterBox defender xt for the 15 confirm is the back made from the same material as last years , or did they go back to the smooth plastic material.thanks

Advent0903

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2021
Just got the answer. They made the buttons flat, so that no lining is needed. They don‘t think it will cause scratches.
But friction over the time will cause scratches no? Given those buttons are the most use.not to mention removing and installing. Kinda not sure how i feel about it. Planning to get a magez pro 4 as well

Last edited:

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
I’d like a decent quality full leather case that’s gonna last, no cut out at the bottom, button instead of a cut out for the action button and not too bulky. Any recommendations pls?

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
I’d like a decent quality full leather case that’s gonna last, no cut out at the bottom, button instead of a cut out for the action button and not too bulky. Any recommendations pls?

Decoded and Mujjo have leather cases in a variety of colors which should fit what you're looking for.

For a little bit extra protection and not much more bulk you can go for a leather case from Nomad. Nomad has TPU around the edges though and not full leather all the way like the cases from Decoded and Mujjo.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Caudabe got some nerve with their prices lately lol ...used to be a $20 case company. Fit is superb but no sorry.
I mean I’d rather pay the $40 or so dollars which you can usually always find a promo code for than the garbage Apple is peddling for $50-60. I don’t blame Caudabe as they gained exposure and popularity.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Did anyone go for the dbrand ghost? I’ve ordered the caudabe synthesis for my blue PM but want a clear case too.

If it doesn’t yellow then it’s worth the extra for me. Just waiting for some reviews or pics of it on the phone before I pull the trigger.

I’m determined to just get two cases this year. I always end up buying loads but using the same ones (this year has been the ringke matte clear case)

I've had many silicone cases like this and it didn't affect the camera at all. I really like these cases but I find they get really sticky in a short amount of time from the oil on your hands. They also attract a lot of fuzz and debris. That being said, however, they do protect the phones pretty well and are a good grippy type cases. I'm trying the Caudable Synthesis this year to see if its similar but without all the downsides of stickiness and fuzz.
Thanks for your response. Now I am impatiently waiting for the new phone. Friday, baby!!😄

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
At the end of the day, the case must protect from drops and keep these expensive glass slabs in immaculate condition at resale. I realize that the Otterbox Defender Pro gets a lot of heat for bulk but in the last three years, these cases gave slimmed down and I have always gotten top dollar at resale.

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
Decoded and Mujjo have leather cases in a variety of colors which should fit what you're looking for.

For a little bit extra protection and not much more bulk you can go for a leather case from Nomad. Nomad has TPU around the edges though and not full leather all the way like the cases from Decoded and Mujjo.
Thank you! Unfortunately decoded have an action button cut out although I like the colours. Mujjo seems a good shout although I’m not familiar with them but the pics @Boardiesboi posted have now got this one on the consideration list. I have a nomad sport case on my current phone but I find the bottom of the case leaves indents in my finger and isn’t the most comfortable to hold. Is the leather version any different do you know?

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Advent0903

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2021
I mean I’d rather pay the $40 or so dollars which you can usually always find a promo code for than the garbage Apple is peddling for $50-60. I don’t blame Caudabe as they gained exposure and popularity.
Yeah its pretty much go up in price .been using sheath since iphone 12. Never disappoints. Finding myself keep going back to sheath dispite trying out mous and such . Dont get me wrong those are nice tough case but ergo and grips/texture wise sheath still the ideal for me. Had to order a cut out action button sheath while waiting for the updates version . Was tempted to try pitaka magez pro 4, but finding out there is no padding on the metal buttons i am not so sure anymore.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just got the answer. They made the buttons flat, so that no lining is needed. They don‘t think it will cause scratches.

Here is the reply I got from Pitaka about no soft padding on the back of the metal buttons of the MagEz Pro 4 case.
Keep in mind that the finish is the exact same on the outside of the buttons as the inside, there is difference.

Reply from Patika:

Thanks for your email, this is Iris from PITAKA team and I am glad to help here. •ᴗ•

I receive your message and understand your worries. Please note the volume button inside is made of PTU material and the outside is made of metal. The metal part will not attach your phone directly and will not do damage to your phone. Please do not worry.

If you have any issues or worries, please feel free to let me know and I am always here to help.

For further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Thanks~

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
At the end of the day, the case must protect from drops and keep these expensive glass slabs in immaculate condition at resale. I realize that the Otterbox Defender Pro gets a lot of heat for bulk but in the last three years, these cases gave slimmed down and I have always gotten top dollar at resale.
That’s what I ordered as well this year! Should be here today as a matter of fact. I keep reading reviews and seeing Reddit posts of all these different cases, but when I see pics and videos, some of these similar cases just don’t seem like they can offer the same protection.

I KNOW I will be kicking myself if I try a different case than the Otterbox Pro and end up with damage after a tiny drop or something.

I’m willing to try something else though (so many cases it’s hard to decide) as I don’t know what the oily, greasy spots are the past year on the back rubber. Residue?

Reactions: jcp007

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Their case for the watch Ultra scratched the sides of my watch after only taking in on and off a couple of times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.