Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Advent0903

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2021
Here is the reply I got from Pitaka about no soft padding on the back of the metal buttons of the MagEz Pro 4 case.
Keep in mind that the finish is the exact same on the outside of the buttons as the inside, there is difference.

Reply from Patika:

Thanks for your email, this is Iris from PITAKA team and I am glad to help here. •ᴗ•

I receive your message and understand your worries. Please note the volume button inside is made of PTU material and the outside is made of metal. The metal part will not attach your phone directly and will not do damage to your phone. Please do not worry.

If you have any issues or worries, please feel free to let me know and I am always here to help.

For further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Thanks~
I am confuse lol, so inside is metal or tpu lol ? As i saw the video by techreviewer it stated is metal. Does anyone has the case to verify ?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I am confuse lol, so inside is metal or tpu lol ? As i saw the video by techreviewer it stated is metal. Does anyone has the case to verify ?

I have the case and Yes, the inside is the same metal as the outside. We are talking about the buttons here.

Advent0903

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2021
I have the case and Yes, the inside is the same metal as the outside. We are talking about the buttons here.
Oh alright. Because for a sec pitaka customer service is saying the metal buttons is tpu on the inside . So in conclusion those are metal buttons throughout with no paddings or sticker whatever to prevent direct contact on the phone itself .

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Thats why I cancelled the Pitaka and went for the Benks. In this review, in the Q&A section, a guy asked if the metal buttons were exposed and the reviewer said the buttons were covered with plastic on the inside.

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Would love to see the PITAKA MagEZ Case Pro 4 in blue... couldn't find any videos on youtube so far.

Advent0903

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2021
Thanks why I cancelled the Pitaka and went for the Benks. in this review, in the Q&A section, a guy asked if the metal buttons were exposed and the reviewer said the buttons were covered with plastic on the inside.
Yeah i was tempted to purchase magez pro 4, but found out that the metal buttons is throughout with no paddings or sticker. Not going to take the risk . Especially those buttons were the most use button. Not sure over the time with friction and removing/installing the device..

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Benks website are also offering 15% discount and £3.99 delivery. They promised delivery within 3 to 12 working days to the UK. I ordered a case yesterday and it’s already shipped.
I was looking at their Crystal phone case but judging by the pictures on their web site unlike their other iPhone 15 cases that one has a cut out for the action button rather than a button which is a no go.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Reactions: Mr.C

Advent0903

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2021
Its a bummer caudabe kind of rush their product with the cut out. Still purchase it to tide me through lol till the update version is release lol

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Oh alright. Because for a sec pitaka customer service is saying the metal buttons is tpu on the inside . So in conclusion those are metal buttons throughout with no paddings or sticker whatever to prevent direct contact on the phone itself .
Correct

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Do you have photos with the Decoded leather one? im interested in buying one but I'm not sure how thin it is compared to the old Apple leather cases for iPhone 14. And also the leather quality. Last year I went with RyanLondon , great case, excellent leather but a bit bulky for my taste.
The decoded case has just landed and I am seriously impressed.

Slim like Apples, metal navy buttons, the camera ring is also metal navy (not black as per the wesbite), magsafe feels strong (only tested with my apple wallet), a real soft quality leather that smells like leather. This will hopefully patina amazingly. It feels like Apple cases of old. This will not be returned and will be the case I'm going to run. Hope it lives up to what seems like a very premium case.

Pictures will be uploaded, asap.

• Love
Reactions: kvlq

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Here we go. Added a pic next to my 14 Pro apple
Leather case to show thickness comparison
IMG_3754.jpeg
IMG_3755.jpeg
IMG_3756.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3758.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3760.jpeg

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
That’s what I ordered as well this year! Should be here today as a matter of fact. I keep reading reviews and seeing Reddit posts of all these different cases, but when I see pics and videos, some of these similar cases just don’t seem like they can offer the same protection.

I KNOW I will be kicking myself if I try a different case than the Otterbox Pro and end up with damage after a tiny drop or something.

I’m willing to try something else though (so many cases it’s hard to decide) as I don’t know what the oily, greasy spots are the past year on the back rubber. Residue?
Never really had that issue, though I do use a eyeglass lens cleaner to keep my cases clean.

alstrike

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2011
Spain
Last edited:

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
How much were the delivery charges?
15 euro.

You can get 10% off with DCD10 or I think WELCOME20 works for 20% off?

I used the 10% off code and it cost me £51 in total.

A little tip though, don't convert the site over to GBP pricing, let it charge you in euro - it works out a little cheaper.

Ordered Friday, delivered today but should have been yesteday (Fedex delay)

Reactions: Sal09

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
15 euro.

You can get 10% off with DCD10 or I think WELCOME20 works for 20% off?

I used the 10% off code and it cost me £51 in total.

A little tip though, don't convert the site over to GBP pricing, let it charge you in euro - it works out a little cheaper.

Ordered Friday, delivered today but should have been yesteday (Fedex delay)
Thanks.

I have HSBC Travel Card will pay in Euros direct.

Reactions: iFone88

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
Thank you! Unfortunately decoded have an action button cut out although I like the colours. Mujjo seems a good shout although I’m not familiar with them but the pics @Boardiesboi posted have now got this one on the consideration list. I have a nomad sport case on my current phone but I find the bottom of the case leaves indents in my finger and isn’t the most comfortable to hold. Is the leather version any different do you know?

Wrong, the Decoded comes with an action button and not a cutout. You can see the button in the photos in this post and it's visible as a button in the renders on Decoded´s own site.

You might be thinking about Bellroy or Andar who both have cutouts for the action buttons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.