Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I have dropped my phone in this case several times and the phone is 100% perfect inside. Once it slipped out of my pocket while looking in an engine compartment of a car, went all way through the compartment and hit the ground and nothing happened.

The is no soft padding on the inside back but all edges of the phone are surrounded by the nice soft rubber of the sides. The back of the symmetry is slippery but the sides are grippy.
Some people don't care for the symmetry but it's one of my all time favorites.
I made note of one particular reviewer that said it is slick on the table. It sure did slide haha!

Thanks for the reply. It’s on my radar!

So many options I’m not sure which route to go. Want to go with a place thad allows easy returns (Amazon and Best Buy).

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Otterbox Symmetry Black with Magsafe in today. All I can say is out of the 20+ cases I purchased for the 14 Pro Max this is the case I've used the most. It's not the prettiest thing but IMO one fine case. This case for the 15 Pro Max is thinner, shorter and narrower than the exact same case on the 14PM. Hard to tell in these pictures but it definitely is smaller in every way. Now, I only need the RealTree version to come out so I can get my traffic cone orange buttons :oops:

View attachment 2269536
View attachment 2269537 View attachment 2269538 View attachment 2269539 View attachment 2269540 View attachment 2269541 View attachment 2269542 View attachment 2269544
I noticed that my Caudabe Synthesis case for the 14PM, is shorter than my Caudabe Synthesis for the 15PM. I thought I was seeing things 😂

Reactions: Hooterville

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
Found this Lonli leather case on Amazon. Pretty cheap and seems like its good quality. Never heard of them before. $25 for Italian natural full-grain leather. Plus, no advertising on the case. Might get this.

f5b5ccfe-7b8f-486e-b05b-3a1a3b5b45b4.__CR0,0,2910,1800_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I always have the regular Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear case for my iPhone. I already received the 15 Pro version last week. But with the new Standby mode in iOS 17 i'm thinking about buying a MagSafe stand for my nightstand.

Since MagSafe won't work properly with a non-MagSafe case I'm thinking about buying the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear Case with Graphite MagSafe ring. Because I really really hate the look of the MagSafe ring on the back of the case, I'm hoping the Graphite version blends in nicely with the Natural Titanium 15 Pro.
Do you find that the Spigen Hybrid yellow in less than a year, or do they still look good? How are they with fingerprints?

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Thats why I cancelled the Pitaka and went for the Benks. In this review, in the Q&A section, a guy asked if the metal buttons were exposed and the reviewer said the buttons were covered with plastic on the inside.
Thanks for posting this, I think I definitely made the right choice in getting the Armor Air.

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

Turbobird

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
I received my Apple silicone and two leather Mujjo cases for my 15 Pro Max today. I'm pleasantly surprised with the Mujjo cases. I have a fine woven coming in tomorrow but it will have to really be something special to unseat one of these. Right now it between to the two Mujjos, then everything else goes back.
IMG_6287.jpeg

mixedup

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
That’s what I ordered as well this year! Should be here today as a matter of fact. I keep reading reviews and seeing Reddit posts of all these different cases, but when I see pics and videos, some of these similar cases just don’t seem like they can offer the same protection.

I KNOW I will be kicking myself if I try a different case than the Otterbox Pro and end up with damage after a tiny drop or something.

I’m willing to try something else though (so many cases it’s hard to decide) as I don’t know what the oily, greasy spots are the past year on the back rubber. Residue?
I went with the Defender Pro as well. A bit paranoid due to the complaints about scratching the outside frame I’ve seen posted, but going to give it a go!

Reactions: maverick22

JerseyJon

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
Otterbox Symmetry Black with Magsafe in today. All I can say is out of the 20+ cases I purchased for the 14 Pro Max this is the case I've used the most. It's not the prettiest thing but IMO one fine case. This case for the 15 Pro Max is thinner, shorter and narrower than the exact same case on the 14PM. Hard to tell in these pictures but it definitely is smaller in every way. Now, I only need the RealTree version to come out so I can get my traffic cone orange buttons :oops:

View attachment 2269536
View attachment 2269537 View attachment 2269538 View attachment 2269539 View attachment 2269540 View attachment 2269541 View attachment 2269542 View attachment 2269544
This looks slick! How are the top and bottom From a rigid prospective?

JerseyJon

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
Found this Lonli leather case on Amazon. Pretty cheap and seems like its good quality. Never heard of them before. $25 for Italian natural full-grain leather. Plus, no advertising on the case. Might get this.

View attachment 2269709
Have this coming in black tomorrow, interesting it shows a cutout for the action button. Another member posted pics and it does indeed have a button. Love that there is 0 Branding.

JerseyJon

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
View attachment 2269573 I just got the Apple silicone case for my 15 pro max cypress and clay!
Love it. Went to the Apple store today for a cord, and picked one up in black. before using the leather case for the last 5 years I would always use silicone, I realize everything is subjective, for me I never had one wear down on me while using The same case for over a year. Maybe I’m really careful with my cases. Hoping for the best this year

Reactions: shooter45acp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.