Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

noobsauceg7

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
How do aramid cases do with sweat? I normally run with my phone in a flipbelt but am curious if sweat reacts weird with the case.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
The decoded case has just landed and I am seriously impressed.

Slim like Apples, metal navy buttons, the camera ring is also metal navy (not black as per the wesbite), magsafe feels strong (only tested with my apple wallet), a real soft quality leather that smells like leather. This will hopefully patina amazingly. It feels like Apple cases of old. This will not be returned and will be the case I'm going to run. Hope it lives up to what seems like a very premium case.

Pictures will be uploaded, asap.
If the case is unchanged from the one I had for the 13 Pro, it won’t patina at all or very very slightly on the edges.

vegastime

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Virginia
Literally showing a cutout for the old mute switch lol ...great advertising

Have this coming in black tomorrow, interesting it shows a cutout for the action button. Another member posted pics and it does indeed have a button. Love that there is 0 Branding.

There are two different Lonli leather cases. The classic version does not have a cutout. It looks like the edition version does have a cutout.

NrFive

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2021
Going to ask for help as my regular case does not qualify anymore.

My usual case was the Moment one. It has MagSafe, double lanyard / neck strap support, drop protection, edge protection even with a glass screen protector, a lower bottom lip for easy swipe access and that all in a slim profile.

However with the iPhone 15 pro having an action button they opted for an open design which leaves the button exposed.

So now I’m searching for new options based on the following criteria:

Must
- slim profile, if possible
- protective against drops / clumsy hands / kids holding it
- built in lanyard / neck strap support for when on vacation (I use a Peak Design camera strap)
- MagSafe support
- covered buttons(!)
- edge protection with glass screen protector

Bonus
- lower botten lip for easy swiping

Based on this thread, Reddit and Google searches, I have on my shortlist:
- Nomad Leather (Horween)
- Mujjo Shield Case
- Mous Limitless 5.0
- Otterbox Defender XT

Cases that didn’t make it:
- any case with exposed action button, like Moment and Carved
- Caudabe Sheath, no lanyard
- Pitaka, no lanyard
- Nomad Rugged, can’t be used in standby mode (horizontal), due to back edge

So dear community, what cases are worth checking out / am I missing or what would you suggest based on my shortlist?

yustas

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
It seems a lot of people like Caudabe and Sheath. What makes these cases stand out from the rest? I wish I could try them at Best Buy or some other store.

Reactions: maverick22

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Anyone else running their current iPhone caseless until their 15 arrives? No? Just me? That’s fine 😂

Mine has been naked for about six months now. I took off my Apple leather case when it became evident that the low quality tan on the leather was leading to ugly black patches instead of nice patina darkening. I never replaced it. Now I’m more or less committed to going caseless with the 15PM… but some of the current crop of third party leather options look pretty enticing.

Reactions: Djones96

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Does anyone have Caudabe in Amethyst colour and can share some pics?
I have it for my Deep Purple 14PM.

without flash
IMG_0148.jpeg

with flash
IMG_0147.jpeg

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Anyone have any experience with the Apple Clear MagSafe in the past? I was wondering if it has a slimmer fit or yellows more slowly than other clear versions like Ringke, Spigen or Speck? I have yet to find a clear case that doesn't yellow, but I really like the minimalistic look to a clear case.

Also does anyone know if the bottom of the case is open or closed? If it’s open, it’s a no-go for me.

Last edited:

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2006
IMG_1567.jpeg

If I wasn’t keeping track of the FineWoven experience in the other threads, I would have said they sent me the wrong color case. I know sometimes the colors don’t necessarily match the pictures but damn, the mark is way off.

Will see how it looks on the phone but considering you can get the whole set of these FineWoven colors (all 5 or 6) on AliExpress for literally the price of one of these, I may just return it outright and get that. The quality is not there for me. It picked up lint already and it hasn’t even been on a phone!

HOTBOBA

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
Picked up a Caseborne 5-layer case with magsafe. It's sizable but it's feels pretty sturdy and has a built-in dust cover, plus a metal kick-stand built-in. I might may not use the belt clip often but it'll be there when I do.

a3.jpg
a1.jpg a2.jpg
a6.jpg

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Am I the only person that gets one case? I usually go for the otterbox with a screen protector

I just stick to 1. That’s why it’s such a hard decision.

Otterbox with a screen protector as well. Boring, I know, but it’s worked extremely well for me!

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Anyone have any experience with the Apple Clear MagSafe in the past? I was wondering if it has a slimmer fit or yellows more slowly than other clear versions like Ringke, Spigen or Speck? I have yet to find a clear case that doesn't yellow, but I really like the minimalistic look to a clear case.
It doesn’t yellow because it is thick hard plastic and 2-2.5x the cost of others. I won’t buy one again as the hard plastic flexing and gripping the antenna leaves impressions and scratches after a several months.

Id rather have to buy 2 or 3 Spigen Hybrid clear cases since they use soft material for the edges. But I upgrade yearly so longevity of a case isn’t my priority.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
I bought one last year because I liked the looks, ended up returning it as it was very slippery, and seemed extremely cheap, especially for the price. I got the one with the wood back and it looked like a wooden sticker.
Are they very protective? What did you go for in the end?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.