Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
It doesn’t yellow because it is thick hard plastic and 2-2.5x the cost of others. I won’t buy one again as the hard plastic flexing and gripping the antenna leaves impressions and scratches after a several months.

Id rather have to buy 2 or 3 Spigen Hybrid clear cases since they use soft material for the edges. But I upgrade yearly so longevity of a case isn’t my priority.

Thanks for the info. I guess I didn’t realize it was a hard plastic. I agree, I’d rather have to replace the Spigen or Ringke than deal with scratches to my phone from a case.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Anyone grab a Nomad case for the 15 Pro/Max? Mine’s arriving tomorrow, and I’ll post pics, but I swear someone was receiving one today.

Also, am I the only one who only ever has one iPhone case? I can’t imagine spending that much on multiple (quality) cases.

Reactions: Mr.C and TNThomas

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
I think I need to see that one on a phone. I’m not liking all the black on the frame of the case. I’m wondering how much of the sides will be covered by that frame.
Check out Dave2D and MBKHD’s reviews for the 15, the Dbrand Ghost case is featured in both and you can see it on the phones.

I think it’s a cool look and just ordered one, but likely not for everyone.

Reactions: UMRebel

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Are they very protective? What did you go for in the end?

I know they say they are super protective, but didn’t seem any different than any other case.

I ended up going with a grippy case from a company I found on Amazon called Smartish, I love it as it’s grippy, well made, and has strong magnets, and has held up for almost a year of abuse.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Check out Dave2D and MBKHD’s reviews for the 15, the Dbrand Ghost case is featured in both and you can see it on the phones.

I think it’s a cool look and just ordered one, but likely not for everyone.
I like the look of the DBrand Ghost, but do you think the case is a good protective one?

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Going to ask for help as my regular case does not qualify anymore.

My usual case was the Moment one. It has MagSafe, double lanyard / neck strap support, drop protection, edge protection even with a glass screen protector, a lower bottom lip for easy swipe access and that all in a slim profile.

However with the iPhone 15 pro having an action button they opted for an open design which leaves the button exposed.

So now I’m searching for new options based on the following criteria:

Must
- slim profile, if possible
- protective against drops / clumsy hands / kids holding it
- built in lanyard / neck strap support for when on vacation (I use a Peak Design camera strap)
- MagSafe support
- covered buttons(!)
- edge protection with glass screen protector

Bonus
- lower botten lip for easy swiping

Based on this thread, Reddit and Google searches, I have on my shortlist:
- Nomad Leather (Horween)
- Mujjo Shield Case
- Mous Limitless 5.0
- Otterbox Defender XT

Cases that didn’t make it:
- any case with exposed action button, like Moment and Carved
- Caudabe Sheath, no lanyard
- Pitaka, no lanyard
- Nomad Rugged, can’t be used in standby mode (horizontal), due to back edge

So dear community, what cases are worth checking out / am I missing or what would you suggest based on my shortlist?
Not gonna lie, that Mujjo shield case looks really interesting. I just wish they had the shield in a tan color

Reactions: Boardiesboi

DaveCPA

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2023
Cemented my choice of nomad Sunday. I wasn’t thinking, and I didn’t remove my wallet before clipping my phone into a lime scooter. Bounced off going full speed. Phone is pristine. Case has one small nick.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I ended up buying a few cases ahead of time for my iPhone 15 Pro in blue....

Alpha Invisible Stand

71Zaol29ZhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TOCOL Magnetic

71ShhLM-EgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Humixx Magnetic

710fzFa8CLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also ordered the Mujjo Shield Leather which will deliver Friday.

51bzV0hNQ7L._AC_SL1350_.jpg

looking forward to test these out. build quality seems good so far in hand. I wanted something more TPU around the edges or leather, as I used the apple leather case for my iPhone 13 Pro for a long time. I can post real in hand pics of the ones I have in hand so far if anyone needs.

Reactions: swerve147

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Going to ask for help as my regular case does not qualify anymore.

My usual case was the Moment one. It has MagSafe, double lanyard / neck strap support, drop protection, edge protection even with a glass screen protector, a lower bottom lip for easy swipe access and that all in a slim profile.

However with the iPhone 15 pro having an action button they opted for an open design which leaves the button exposed.

So now I’m searching for new options based on the following criteria:

Must
- slim profile, if possible
- protective against drops / clumsy hands / kids holding it
- built in lanyard / neck strap support for when on vacation (I use a Peak Design camera strap)
- MagSafe support
- covered buttons(!)
- edge protection with glass screen protector

Bonus
- lower botten lip for easy swiping

Based on this thread, Reddit and Google searches, I have on my shortlist:
- Nomad Leather (Horween)
- Mujjo Shield Case
- Mous Limitless 5.0
- Otterbox Defender XT

Cases that didn’t make it:
- any case with exposed action button, like Moment and Carved
- Caudabe Sheath, no lanyard
- Pitaka, no lanyard
- Nomad Rugged, can’t be used in standby mode (horizontal), due to back edge

So dear community, what cases are worth checking out / am I missing or what would you suggest based on my shortlist?
First off, it’s all about personal preference of course. I am going with Nomad again. Their leather case has been on my X for almost 6 years and never failed me. So I will buy it again now that I am upgrading to the 15 Pro.

The Mujjo Shield is a case I also looked at, but disliked the colors and the fact that the leather stops before the edges of the case. Nomad’s leather goes just over the edges, making it feel nicer (I think).

Mous seems to get a lot of praise online, but they are quite bulky. Too bulky for me, after holding the Mous case of my friend’s 13 Pro.

Lastly, the Otterbox. You can’t go wrong with this one. My girlfriend will buy the Symmetry for her 15. All of the phones at the company I work for are in Otterbox cases and they perform great!

Reactions: NrFive

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
If the case is unchanged from the one I had for the 13 Pro, it won’t patina at all or very very slightly on the edges.
Tbh, I’d be quite happy with that haha. Colour is perfect!

Descriptions on the website re the leather are different compared to previous years so who knows, they may have changed it

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Ah screw it, you just sold me on that Decode case 😂

Edit: Wait, 15€ shipping from the Netherlands to Spain? GTFO with that 💩
Use the discount codes I posted at the top of page 43 to take care of that 👍

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
I’m one that doesn’t even care about looks ha. I just want my $1k computer to be protected!

That Symmetry looks fine to me! How do those compare to the Defender Pro? Symmetry going to be tough enough to handle drops?
It should but the Defender Pro will provide more grip on a slick surface or your hands get wet. Otterbox has a Ottergrip Symmetry case which might be a nice compromise if slimness is a priority. Defender Pro gets a lot of flak for being bulky when it has really slimmed down in the past few years. I've never had an issue with my phones fitting in my pocket.

Reactions: maverick22

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Otterbox Symmetry Black with Magsafe in today. All I can say is out of the 20+ cases I purchased for the 14 Pro Max this is the case I've used the most. It's not the prettiest thing but IMO one fine case. This case for the 15 Pro Max is thinner, shorter and narrower than the exact same case on the 14PM. Hard to tell in these pictures but it definitely is smaller in every way. Now, I only need the RealTree version to come out so I can get my traffic cone orange buttons :oops:

View attachment 2269536
View attachment 2269537 View attachment 2269538 View attachment 2269539 View attachment 2269540 View attachment 2269541 View attachment 2269542 View attachment 2269544
How does the bottom near the usb feel ? Weak or rigid ? I really wish they would add a some soft material inside

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Anyone get the new defender xt yet ? If so is the outside back the same material as last year ? The pics I’ve seen look very smooth like the old pursuit .

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
Anyone get the new defender xt yet ? If so is the outside back the same material as last year ? The pics I’ve seen look very smooth like the old pursuit .
I'd be interested to know as well. I tried this case on my iPhone 12 or 13 Pro Max and it was tough to get on so I changed to the Defender Pro which I have on my iPhone 14 Pro Max and will have on my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Anyone grab a Nomad case for the 15 Pro/Max? Mine’s arriving tomorrow, and I’ll post pics, but I swear someone was receiving one today.

Also, am I the only one who only ever has one iPhone case? I can’t imagine spending that much on multiple (quality) cases.
Let us know what you think of the Nomad. Looks like they upgraded to metallic buttons this year. Also, I’m wondering if the buttons are like the prior Apple cases in that there is a relief around the button to make it more tactile. Not just a metallic button on top of the TPU material which may retain the characteristics of the previous versions.

Reactions: chrisdazzo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.