Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Was going to order your red Andar case but the open mute switch is a nope for me.
Understood, I recently took a trip down there Arizona to the headquarters and I told them there that this was going to be a problem and needs to be changed. They stated that they are aware and want to see how the case does as is once we get the iPhone 15's in hand. I told them ok but this will be a pain point for a lot of people. I understand a lot of people are buying the case anyways just to support me and what I do but I know others care about the case more so I can understand both sides. I can say that it's been brought up to them multiples times now and change is coming. What's going to suck is the people who decide to move on to another leather case because of the cutout and lose a customer. I hate it because Bullstrap and Bellboy has cutouts too and during my video of all of them, I will be very vocal about it, collaboration aside, Andar and the others needs to change this.

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Picked up the same case I do for every phone - whatever name Speck is calling their grip case ("Presidio2" now). Just the boring black version - I miss the white/black storm trooper that sadly has not made a comeback for several years.

Thinking about picking up a dbrand grip as well though. Any complaints with tacky texture sticking in your pocket?

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Understood, I recently took a trip down there Arizona to the headquarters and I told them there that this was going to be a problem and needs to be changed. They stated that they are aware and want to see how the case does as is once we get the iPhone 15's in hand. I told them ok but this will be a pain point for a lot of people. I understand a lot of people are buying the case anyways just to support me and what I do but I know others care about the case more so I can understand both sides. I can say that it's been brought up to them multiples times now and change is coming. What's going to suck is the people who decide to move on to another leather case because of the cutout and lose a customer. I hate it because Bullstrap and Bellboy has cutouts too and during my video of all of them, I will be very vocal about it, collaboration aside, Andar and the others needs to change this.
I was messaging with Bullstrap they said their cases have actual buttons. Did you already get a case in hand that didn’t? Also I did reach out to Andar. Hopefully they do what’s right and for those that already did buy your case (assuming they revise it) send us one of them as well. Now that Apple is out of the leather case game, there is no reason for these companies to cut corners....they should be doing everything possible to get some market share over one another.

Last edited:

yustas

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
According to chat GPT, here is the list from this thread:

• Spigen: 29 mentions
  • Apple: 25 mentions
  • Otterbox: 22 mentions
  • Mous: 18 mentions
  • ESR: 16 mentions
  • Caudabe: 15 mentions
  • Pitaka: 14 mentions
  • UAG: 13 mentions
  • Speck: 12 mentions
  • Totallee: 11 mentions
How do you guys like the Arc Pulse case? Not sure if I can call it a case, it's more of a bikini situation, but has anyone used it in the past?

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I was messaging with Bullstrap they said their cases have actual buttons. Did you already get a case in hand that didn’t? Also I did reach out to Andar. Hopefully they do what’s right and for those that already did buy your case (assuming they revise it) send us one of them as well. Now that Apple is out of the leather case game, there is no reason for these companies to cut corners....they should be doing everything possible to get some market share over one another.
That's good that hey have a button, I'm going off the image on their page, but I guess they are still showcasing the 14 model with the cutout.

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
It’s hard to say what the covering on the back of the Benks buttons is but it’s smooth and flat, doesn’t look like metal.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Could be you know, it's hard to tell. Either way the metals covered.
My case has just arrived and interestingly running a magnet against the buttons doesn’t seem to do anything so I’m wondering if they are aluminium buttons, but it
looks like the same material on the inside is the same as the case itself. There is definitely no sticker on the inside, but I don’t think there’s any risk of the inside of the button scratching the phone.

Reactions: Pug72

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010

I also ordered a Caudabe and they say on their website that they ship without the button but a case with the button is coming in October and anyone who buys one now will receive the buttoned one for free once available.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I also ordered a Caudabe and they say on their website that they ship without the button but a case with the button is coming in October and anyone who buys one now will receive the buttoned one for free once available.
Did your Caudabe order ship yet? I ordered 9/14 and nothing so far.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I had a conversation with them about this as well and I was a big advocate towards the button and during our conversation, I told them something would have to be done to the people who bought the cutout version and they made it right for the customers. I hope the rest who did the same with the design will follow suit.

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
Can anyone recommend a super minimalist case for the 15 Pro max that ISN’T a fingerprint magnet?

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011
IMG_2788.jpeg
IMG_2793.jpeg
IMG_2790.jpeg
IMG_2791.jpeg
When it comes to iPhones and cases, I’m pretty boring. I just get black iPhones with black leather cases. I’ve used the Apple leather cases since they first came out (iPhone 5 I think) so I was pretty disappointed about them not making one.

Before anyone had them, I had ordered a black Apple finewoven case hoping that it would be a somewhat good replacement for the leather case. In black, it looks decent but the case feels like cheap plastic and I feel like the finewoven is going to show stains quickly. I plan on returning it.

After doing research, I decided to try Andar and ordered their black leather Aspen case before realizing that there isn’t a button for the action button. I just got it today and it is really nice. Above are some pictures of comparing to fiberwoven case and the iPhone 14 pro leather case. The Andar case appears to be about the same height as the finewoven for the part that goes around the body but the camera bump part looks like it might be slightly bigger. I don’t know how easy it will be to push the action button with the hole. Also, the power and volume buttons on the Andar are noticeably smaller than the ones on the fiberwoven and the iPhone 14 pro apple leather case. Otherwise, the Andar case is really nice. Much nicer than the apple leather cases the last couple years. If it fits well and the action button isn’t too hard to press, I will probably hold onto the Andar case until they put out a button version.

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
I just thought I'd post some photos of three cases that just arrived. The Caudabe Synthesis, the Speck Presidio2 Grip and the Otterbox Symmetry. These are all for the iPhone 15 Pro Max. Due to arthritis I need a grippy case. I didn't think I'd like the Speck one and was planning to send it back but it feels excellent in the hand and although its hard plastic has a nice softer surface texture. Its my favorite of the three. The Otterbox is the traditional style--also a nice feel in the hand but not as grippy. The one I don't care for (but thought I would like the most) is the Caudabe. It has a sandpaper type feel on the sides and thats OK but I don't like how "square" the sides are. Those are harder for me to grip so the case isn't as comfortable as the others. So I'm going to return it. That being said all three are well made and good quality. I think any of these would provide good protection for your iPhone.

Attachments

• Cases front2.jpg
    Cases front2.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 147
  • cases side3.jpg
    cases side3.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 140
  • cases back2.jpg
    cases back2.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I just thought I'd post some photos of three cases that just arrived. The Caudabe Synthesis, the Speck Presidio2 Grip and the Otterbox Symmetry. These are all for the iPhone 15 Pro Max. Due to arthritis I need a grippy case. I didn't think I'd like the Speck one and was planning to send it back but it feels excellent in the hand and although its hard plastic has a nice soft surface texture like the silicone cases. Its my favorite of the three. The Otterbox is the traditional style--also a nice feel in the hand but not as grippy. The one I don't care for (but thought I would like the most) is the Caudabe. It has a sandpaper type feel on the sides and thats OK but I don't like how "square" the sides are. Those are harder for me to grip so the case isn't as comfortable as the others. So I'm going to return it. That being said all three are well made and good quality. I think any of these would provide good protection for your iPhone.
I actually like the look of that Speck Presidio grip. Does it feel thick, like it'd add a lot of bulk to the phone?

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
I actually like the look of that Speck Presidio grip. Does it feel thick, like it'd add a lot of bulk to the phone?
It does not feel bulky to me. Its obviously more than an ultra thin case but not bloated like some cases. I like a little bit of protection so will sacrifice some thinness overall. The sides are thicker than the Caudabe due to the ridges but for me that makes it more grippy. The Caudabe is more of a fitted side (straight down) while the Speck is more rounded outward at the sides.

Last edited:

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
For those that have owned at least 2 of the cases below... I have narrowed my choices to these 3 case. Can you comment as to which provides the best protection, and which has the best feel (least slippery)?

- Caudabe Sheath
- Apple Silicone
- Spigen Ultra Hybrid Magfit

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
For those that have owned at least 2 of the cases below... I have narrowed my choices to these 3 case. Can you comment as to which provides the best protection, and which has the best feel (least slippery)?

- Caudabe Sheath
- Apple Silicone
- Spigen Ultra Hybrid Magfit
I love the Apple Silicone out of the three. It has an excellent feel and grip. However, It's definitely the least protective, and it is rather fragile. Because protection is very important to you, I'd go Caudabe.

Reactions: dmccombs

techishi

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
US
I know Caudabe has said early October, but has anyone who's contacted them been given a more approximate date for the cases with the covered action button?

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Here are a couple more pictures of the cases I posted. I think the Caudabe is the thinnest/smallest and the Speck the most bulky (slightly larger). But overall they are very close in size. Speck has the ridges which makes the sides thicker. Its hard to judge weight with your hand on these until you get the phone inside but to me the Otterbox feels slightly heavier.

Attachments

• Width 1.jpg
    Width 1.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Width 2.jpg
    Width 2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.