Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Trust me I think they have heard a lot so far and the phone hasn't even released. But it wouldn't hurt to reach out and continue to bring it to their attention. Maybe its not a huge deal to some, but it’s a shame on them for taking a half @ss approach. This should have been the year all these leather case companies do all they can to win over all that lost business from Apple not offering leather anymore.
Well within 2 minutes of my e-mail sending - two separate folks at Andar wrote back. No plans for a button cover right now. Fair enough. They were cool about explaining the return policy. Professional customer service and it is a very well made case…just that damn action button cutout. 🥲
IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0219.jpeg

Reactions: Djones96

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Is there a consensus on the best open-bottom case similar to the old Apple leather cases? Trying to recreate my old 11 Pro Max Apple leather case as closely as possible for the 15 Pro Max.
Ryan of London is the best with no branding on the back. It seems to be made in the same factory as Bullstrap, but Bullstrap is more expensive and offers a warranty.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Well within 2 minutes of my e-mail sending - two separate folks at Andar wrote back. No plans for a button cover right now. Fair enough. They were cool about explaining the return policy. Professional customer service and it is a very well made case…just that damn action button cutout. 🥲
View attachment 2271235

View attachment 2271236
The second email there implies they actually will have a button next time, but just aren’t promising it for 15 series?

Reactions: julit0

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I think some are overreacting about the button cutout. I’ve spoke to Andar and there is a button update coming. There are tons of cases that have the cutout. It’s not some half done job, some companies go off the rumors and some don’t. If it’s a miss then it’s a miss, everyone be vocal about it and be and advocate about the change.

Reactions: BrightCanon

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I think some are overreacting about the button cutout. I’ve spoke to Andar and there is a button update coming. There are tons of cases that have the cutout. It’s not some half done job, some companies go off the rumors and some don’t. If it’s a miss then it’s a miss, everyone be vocal about it and be and advocate about the change.
Even UAG cases have the wide open mute switch hole, they won't be getting any of my money this year.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I think we all need to just relax until we get the phone in to see how much of an issue it really is. We all might be anal about it now but when you get the phone, it won’t be that bad. Only time will tell and we are almost to Friday. It’s for sure one of the first things I’ll be testing. I have a dummy unit but the button really isn’t accurate.

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
Not sure about overreacting. Some people don’t care but the ones that do are vocal about it. That’s just the way the internet works.

My personal opinion is that the other buttons are covered…why not keep it consistent? I went with the sheath and will reach out for the updated case design when it’s available.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
So after going through this thread all this years cases I have or had are exactly the same as last years, except with action button or not lol

sheath same
mous same
nomad same
symmetry same
bellroy same

Last edited:

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Not sure about overreacting. Some people don’t care but the ones that do are vocal about it. That’s just the way the internet works.

My personal opinion is that the other buttons are covered…why not keep it consistent? I went with the sheath and will reach out for the updated case design when it’s available.
True but some people are acting like the company is terrible for having the cutout. I speak to all of these brands and I’ve spoke to some about the cutout and some take a gamble. Some know exactly what the schematics will be where others take a little risk. Take Caudabe for example, they came out with the cutout and realized, now they have a quick fix in place and the news one are just about ready.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
True but some people are acting like the company is terrible for having the cutout. I speak to all of these brands and I’ve spoke to some about the cutout and some take a gamble. Some know exactly what the schematics will be where others take a little risk. Take Caudabe for example, they came out with the cutout and realized, now they have a quick fix in place and the news one are just about ready.

Can you give us an ETA on Phone Rebel Gen 5 ?

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I’m sorry I don’t sell out to companies and if you think I do then that’s your opinion. Obviously with all the likes on this post some of you feel the same way and it’s always a shady area when it comes to people who does YouTube with sponsorships and the viewer. What makes you think I’m selling out to companies? Would love to have this discussion, I'll be waiting...
I’m still waiting for an explanation because as a creator I hate being called what I’m not when all I do is put hard work in dedication to my channel.

Reactions: Jaggrey and iScone

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I know Caudabe has said early October, but has anyone who's contacted them been given a more approximate date for the cases with the covered action button?
It has to be very soon because I’m getting my samples with the buttons next week. I just sent them a text asking when they will be available for customers. Reply back when I hear back.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I’m still waiting for an explanation because as a creator I hate being called what I’m not when all I do is put hard work in dedication to my channel.
People may have differing views on the subject, but to me, it seems companies give you a little “extra” on top to recommend people their cases. Andar being a big example. Sure, you’re critical of them not including a button for the action button, but you still do not have an issue with recommending their case. Just seems very fishy to me, but like I said, people may have differing views than me, and that’s fine. To each their own. Keep doing you and working hard with the channel, with the success you have, clearly something’s working.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
I have been following but have a question. My wife is looking for a good pop socket case for her 15 pro. Anyone have any recommendations/

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
People may have differing views on the subject, but to me, it seems companies give you a little “extra” on top to recommend people their cases. Andar being a big example. Sure, you’re critical of them not including a button for the action button, but you still do not have an issue with recommending their case. Just seems very fishy to me, but like I said, people may have differing views than me, and that’s fine. To each their own. Keep doing you and working hard with the channel, with the success you have, clearly something’s working.
“It seems companies
”it seems like companies give you a little extra to recommend their cases”

Ok let’s start here. Yes I do have sponsorships with them and it could be a monthly thing, depending on what the content strategy is. That doesn’t mean that I’m going to push their cases more than the next. I’ve been vocal about other leather brands like Bullstrap, BlackBrook and others. I really like what Andar is doing so I have no problem recommending them. I could see if people were buying them and not liking it but people are thanking me for putting them on because they love the case, so where’s the harm in that?

If you have been paying attention I’ve been very vocal and even on the comment section of the video of my own color way that it needs to be changed. Also been vocal on Twitter about it. I’m going to mention it once again when I do my video on the Aspen. I don’t see the foul in recommending cases that I really like.

Reactions: swerve147

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Is it a side kick or you actually make a living out of it?
It’s a side gig but something I want to do full time. I work an everyday 9-5 but it’s hard to give up my day job when I’m the head of the household and handle most of the finances. YouTube is too up and down but that’s when sponsorships and things like that really help having a set numbers of deals you’ll have in a month. Maybe one day I’ll be doing it full time but don’t want to take the risks with a kid because insurance and all of that is high.

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
For the record I’m not accusing you of selling out and I enjoy your videos.

What I believe they were saying is when you collaborate with Andar and we see your face on the website - then you review the product, it loses a bit of objectivity.

Personally, when I see reviews on Target/Amazon where the product was received for free or the reviewer was compensated…I’ll take it with a grain of salt. That video gave the same type of vibes. Nice overall case though, and I can vouch for Andar as I’m currently rocking the Marshal on my 13PM.

Your channel has grown to where sponsorship opportunities/collabs will be available and that’s great. How you approach it will be up to you and I wish you nothing but the best. Just giving you the perspective of an average consumer.

Reactions: Djones96

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
For the record I’m not accusing you of selling out and I enjoy your videos.

What I believe they were saying is when you collaborate with Andar and we see your face on the website - then you review the product, it loses a bit of objectivity.

Personally, when I see reviews on Target/Amazon where the product was received for free or the reviewer was compensated…I’ll take it with a grain of salt. That video gave the same type of vibes. Nice overall case though, and I can vouch for Andar as I’m currently rocking the Marshal on my 13PM.

Your channel has grown to where sponsorship opportunities/collabs will be available and that’s great. How you approach it will be up to you and I wish you nothing but the best. Just giving you the perspective of an average consumer.
Then you don’t me know as a creator because I could care less if my face is on the site. If something is wrong then something is wrong and I’m not going to sell out about it. Seeing my face on a website should be more cheered upon than thinking I’m now going to sell out.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
It’s a side gig but something I want to do full time. I work an everyday 9-5 but it’s hard to give up my day job when I’m the head of the household and handle most of the finances. YouTube is too up and down but that’s when sponsorships and things like that really help having a set numbers of deals you’ll have in a month. Maybe one day I’ll be doing it full time but don’t want to take the risks with a kid because insurance and all of that is high.
hey tee, stop explaining yourself. some are haters and that’s on them. i for one am a big fan. love your videos and love your style.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.