Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who’s going caseless with the 12 Pro Max?

• 1) Case

Votes: 176 58.9%
  • 2) Caseless

Votes: 123 41.1%

• Total voters

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Gonna try using my 12 Pro Max without a case and see how it goes. This will be the first time for me, have used cases going back to the 3gs. I'd rather not make it any larger than needed at this point, easy enough to get a case later if needed. Never used a screen protector and don't see any need to start now. Phone is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017
I’m totally up for “case-less” this year again as my protection would be AC+. However, I will install a good screen protector because I hate those thin scratches, which are inevitable if you have no screen protection.

I did the same last year with 11 PM and enjoyed the look and feel of my iPhone so much.

Reactions: Jovijoker

Aspyred

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2020
Anyone know of a good company to get clear skins?

Googling gives you some options like Slickwraps, but apparently they have lousy customer support.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA

Googling gives you some options like Slickwraps, but apparently they have lousy customer support.
Xtreme skins. So many colors options, I have one coming. But have never tried them yet!

Reactions: Aspyred

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
No way will I ever go caseless. I paid way too much money to take that risk and I DESPISE any sort of scratches on my devices. I always keep my devices pristine as long as I own them. This time won’t be any different
So do you not care about the finish or color of the phone? I guess that would make choosing better in the end.

A1b3rt0

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Hampshire
Xtreme skins. So many colors options, I have one coming. But have never tried them yet!
I ordered and fitted the Matt Morpheus skin from Xtreme whilst waiting for a custom skin from Slickwraps. Looked great and was easier to fit that I thought it would.

Reactions: Hansana

A1b3rt0

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Hampshire
First iPhone I have gone case less on. I have fitted a custom skin though.....

CC33A818-A9CA-4F13-8DD3-7B0DC5499DCC.jpeg

itsmefudge

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Middle of the Pacific
I will try to do caseless this time around. I am very careful with my phones. I do like utomic.com as they make the edges and I have used them with my XS. I had a bad drop from about 5ft, the phone flipped in the air a few times, landed on concrete and bounced then slid. The edges saved the phone. No scratches, cracks, or anything. I will probably order those again when they are available (Dec. I think).

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
you will all be using a case once you see how easily the band and back glass scratch. oh and lets not forget the fingerprint magnet feature of the band.

biracialfamily91

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2015
Queens, NY
I’m assuming all of you that are going caseless don’t have small children. I wish I could but the screen will crack if my 2 year old looks at ii funny. I also got a very eager 4 year old who likes to pretend he is a baseball player, and throw random things across the room cellphones are included. I always order a pink otterbox whenever I get a new phone.

naturalguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2018
Whenever I see a naked phone I get anxiety lol. I always go for the best protection with an Otterbox Defender. I don’t even like the feel of a naked phone, a case makes it feel better in the hand

Reactions: biracialfamily91

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Have used a case ever since the iPhone X. I’ve had a couple of unexplained cracks, like super tiny barely noticeable cracks near the top of the phone of both the 8 plus and X. I don’t think I did anything to cause them honestly, at least nothing sticks out in my mind. The size of the cracks and location don’t make much sense either. But ever since just in case I used a case. This year I’m gonna try a mix. I’ll have to use a case when at work. I’m in the construction field, it would be pretty hard not to damage the phone for me or that reason alone. When not at work though I’m gonna attempt caseless. Going to give screen protectors another shot as well. They've never worked out for me in the past, but would be great to protect the screen from all the sand thats inevitably going to end up around it. I love the design too much to keep it buried in a case.

Reactions: Jovijoker

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020

I used Slickwraps once. Once. Would not again. The skin did not feel good, didn’t go on too nicely, didn’t even look too awesomely when it was on.

Sorry, don’t know of a company with clear skins to recommend. I have liked Totallee for their super thin clear cases, if that might appeal to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.