Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Now TV pass is my current thinking.
I’ve got Sky I just hate their coverage to be honest. I just prefer what channel 4 have been doing and previously to that the BBC. I think in the past 2 years I’ve watched just 6 races on Sky, can’t stand Brundle or Herbert. I’m cutting back my watching already and after next year I think it’ll be an ex hobby/interest.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I’ve got Sky I just hate their coverage to be honest. I just prefer what channel 4 have been doing and previously to that the BBC. I think in the past 2 years I’ve watched just 6 races on Sky, can’t stand Brundle or Herbert. I’m cutting back my watching already and after next year I think it’ll be an ex hobby/interest.
Agree DC is a great presenter. Maybe Sky will find a place for him.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Silly boy. I bet there is a better option available before then.

Well he was hired with the expectation of being RBR's future #1 driver (he'd be it now if not for the DNF's putting Daniel higher in the WDC) and the car and engine are getting stronger and should continue to do so in 2018. Of course, 2019 and 2020 are the wild-cards as RBR will likely be forced to use Honda power, as well, until Aston-Martin is ready. Or perhaps they'll pull a "Mechachrome" and use 2018 Renault engines with their own upgrades (via Building 9).

We know Ferrari and Mercedes are both unavailable in 2018 and if Ferrari have the year they did this year (i.e. - collapse on the final leg), he may not want to go there in 2019 (especially as a clear #2 to Seb). I also really think Mercedes is going to keep Bottas for 2019 and possibly longer. He is happy to play second-fiddle to Lewis and he is good enough to be on the podium every race and win when Lewis struggles.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Well he was hired with the expectation of being RBR's future #1 driver (he'd be it now if not for the DNF's putting Daniel higher in the WDC) and the car and engine are getting stronger and should continue to do so in 2018. Of course, 2019 and 2020 are the wild-cards as RBR will likely be forced to use Honda power, as well, until Aston-Martin is ready. Or perhaps they'll pull a "Mechachrome" and use 2018 Renault engines with their own upgrades (via Building 9).

We know Ferrari and Mercedes are both unavailable in 2018 and if Ferrari have the year they did this year (i.e. - collapse on the final leg), he may not want to go there in 2019 (especially as a clear #2 to Seb). I also really think Mercedes is going to keep Bottas for 2019 and possibly longer. He is happy to play second-fiddle to Lewis and he is good enough to be on the podium every race and win when Lewis struggles.
I somehow can't see Lewis racing in 2020. I think even 2019 might be more than he does.

Currently watching practice. Lewis is fastest and Ferrari are suspiciously not running many laps.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I have a feeling Hamilton will retire at the end of next season too. I’ve never felt he’s one of those drivers who will race in F1 into his mid 30’s. He’s achieved so much and could retire now being a legend. I think one more title and he’ll consider a new project.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!

I don’t think much of DC as a presenter? Mark Weber would be good, he’s quite a funny bloke. I’ll definitely be watching next year, will want to see if my best returns anything, still not sure who to go with though.
We have Sky Q and I love the F1 channel, but their quality is very good, I tried out a free Now TV sports pass for a day on my Xbox One S the last race and on that the quality wasn’t far off the Q box, so it’s a very good way to watch :) without a Sky sub. Only downside is on demand stuff only seems to work online in a web browser.

Last edited:
Reactions: pachyderm

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I don’t think much of DC as a presenter? Mark Weber would be good, he’s quite a funny bloke. I’ll definitely be watching next year, will want to see if my best returns anything, still not sure who to go with though.
We have Sky Q and I love the F1 channel, but their quality is very good, I teed out a free Now TV sports pass for a day on my Xbox One S the last race and on that the quality wasn’t far off the Q box, so it’s a very good way to watch without a Sky sub. Only downside is on demand stuff only seems to work online in a web browser.
You’ll probably hate me but mine is an app on my TV that streams from the internet. It’s full HD and I pay £45 a year. We have it mostly for the kids channels, movies and some football. I had an android box before that and I’ve never paid a penny to Sky in nearly 5 years lol. A friend of mine was paying £98 a month to Sky for broadband and TV and after seeing my setup has cancelled his subscription.
bb0eea4bf2b8b9873fbabada5c346c52.jpg

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
You’ll probably hate me but mine is an app on my TV that streams from the internet. It’s full HD and I pay £45 a year. We have it mostly for the kids channels, movies and some football. I had an android box before that and I’ve never paid a penny to Sky in nearly 5 years lol. A friend of mine was paying £98 a month to Sky for broadband and TV and after seeing my setup has cancelled his subscription.
bb0eea4bf2b8b9873fbabada5c346c52.jpg

Sigh... I friggin hate typos and iOS 11’s inability to correct them :( my post lacked sense in some parts.

I’ve heard about these TV apps before.. interesting idea, only issue I have with them is that you are paying criminals in effect, and you don’t know where your money is going, it’s not paying the content owners for their streams. I would much rather have Now TV then those apps as you know your not supporting potential criminals.
Well I don’t believe you can legally use Sky’s streams without paying them?
Is that by any chance an LG TV? I’ve heard of an app on their platform that does what you say.

I’ll be getting our price reduced though a lot next month when I renew, the trick is to call the cancellations team, and if you get a rubbish offer, wait a couple of days as the offers they have to give to their customers change all the time.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Lewis looks relaxed and ready for the win tomorrow. I don't think Vettel will finish outside the top six so the championship will at least in theory roll on for another race.
IMG_3514.PNG

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
DF55C352-2BC5-4D50-A59E-542DA646A0CA.jpeg

Guys great qualy session today. It’s so much different when you’re in person compared to watching it on tv.

Mercedes looks unbeatable. The way their car heads into the corners under breaking is better than every other car. Lewis rarely locked up while Bottas had a few big ones in all sessions. The Ferrari looks good under acceleration but not as good as the Mercs carrying speed into the hard braking zones. Red Bull looks great but not fast. The McLaren actually looks really good but the engine sounds horrible live - it’s the only one that sputters. Alonso hooked up a great lap. Nailed all the corners where I was sitting at turn 15, really impressive.

It was cool to see Carlos Sainz getting to grips with the car from free practice one through qualy. He looked really good in qualy. I didn’t see that coming from how shaky he was in FP1.

Cheering for a Ferrrari 1-2 tomorrow with a Hamilton DNF so that championship goes on!

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
View attachment 726631

Guys great qualy session today. It’s so much different when you’re in person compared to watching it on tv.

Mercedes looks unbeatable. The way their car heads into the corners under breaking is better than every other car. Lewis rarely locked up while Bottas had a few big ones in all sessions. The Ferrari looks good under acceleration but not as good as the Mercs carrying speed into the hard braking zones. Red Bull looks great but not fast. The McLaren actually looks really good but the engine sounds horrible live - it’s the only one that sputters. Alonso hooked up a great lap. Nailed all the corners where I was sitting at turn 15, really impressive.

It was cool to see Carlos Sainz getting to grips with the car from free practice one through qualy. He looked really good in qualy. I didn’t see that coming from how shaky he was in FP1.

Cheering for a Ferrrari 1-2 tomorrow with a Hamilton DNF so that championship goes on!
Enjoy. Can't see a Ferrari 1-2 though.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
So Max is off the table through 2020, having just signed a three-year extension to his contract with RBR.

There’ll be a performance clause, just as there was with Vettel which meant he could leave for Ferrari when Red Bull came fourth in the championship. Red Bull are going to be struggling for an engine in 2019 if the Honda thing doesn’t work out.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Lewis looks relaxed and ready for the win tomorrow. I don't think Vettel will finish outside the top six so the championship will at least in theory roll on for another race.
View attachment 726594

Maxy boy will overtake them all at the start... then his car will brake down before the others can overtake him again haha..

I think Max will finish 5th, Mercedes will win as the track has a lot of straights and the Mercs are the fastest going straight I think, Ferrari second. It will be interesting to see how the middle of the pack do, again Mercedes in the Williams vs Ferrari in the Force India’s.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
GO SAINZ! GO FRED!

Love to see them both stay in the points.

We'll see if Carlos was the only reason Torro Rosso was scoring points....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.