Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kryptticAZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Hmmm... I'd be interested to know if there are different T2 firmware versions out there in the wild. Here's mine:
Model Name: Apple T2 chip
Firmware Version: 15P6703
I have a 15" model with 32 GB RAM and a 2TB SSD, ordered on launch day and shipped from China.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Hmmm... I'd be interested to know if there are different T2 firmware versions out there in the wild. Here's mine:
I have a 15" model with 32 GB RAM and a 2TB SSD, ordered on launch day and shipped from China.
Same version here:

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 22.10.13.png

Which seems to be several versions higher than the firmware that it would appear Apple was using when preparing documentation for the new MacBook Pros (screenshot taken from https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208862).

macos-about-this-mac-system-report-controller-t2.png

Reactions: m-e

m-e

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
If anyone with a new MBPr would be kind enough to check this before applying the Supplemental Update, to see if this update also changed T2 firmware or not.

EDIT : I updated my previous post with the model and date of order of my MBPr. This just in case we notice any difference depending on models or options.

zargap

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2017
Anecdotal update, no crash yet not having plugged in anything but that standard power since my last restart. As for my firmware version, 15P6703.

doitdada

Suspended
Oct 14, 2013
No bridgeOS sleep/wake issue after a long sleep and some productivity after upgrading to beta version of Mojave.

Can't read GHz in Intel Power Gadget in Mojave. Also runs a bit hot in Clamshell mode. Macs Fan Control can't read all cores, but displays fan speed.

ToJGgD6.png

Marketh

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2018
Manchester, UK
I don't want to tempt fate here, but been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now. I've had my new MBP for just over a week now with no issues. It's been asleep both plugged into AC power and not, and slept a few times with nothing connected.

13" i5/16GB/512GB
High Sierra 10.13.6 with supplemental update
BridgeOS firmware 15P6703

Reactions: Hakiroto

jjs357

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2018
Bryn Mawr PA
I have a new 15" i9/32GB/2TB
High Sierra 10.13.6 with supplemental update
BridgeOS firmware 15P6703

Crashed during sleep about 5 days ago. No peripherals attached then and now except power.

Have a Case Number with Tech support and trying to replicate the problem to then send a complete diagnostic archive. At this point if I wish I can ask for an exchange under the capture program.

mediaprodguy

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2006
I ended up returning my 13" i5/16GB/512 today.
After reinstalling and starting over with software, updates etc, computer crashed again.

Apple Store, Houston, Texas Highland Village told me "You are the first to return this laptop". They pulled over a manager and I showed them this thread and asked them to pull up my service call records and they told me "We havent heard of this". I was a little disheartened Apple acted like I was a rare lone wolf.

Reactions: knweiss

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I ended up returning my 13" i5/16GB/512 today.
After reinstalling and starting over with software, updates etc, computer crashed again.

Apple Store, Houston, Texas Highland Village told me "You are the first to return this laptop". They pulled over a manager and I showed them this thread and asked them to pull up my service call records and they told me "We havent heard of this". I was a little disheartened Apple acted like I was a rare lone wolf.

They acted like that when I called them today as well. I kept insisting that it was a well known and documented error and all I got from them was feigning surprise and denial. But I wanted it documented and a case number while I was still within my trial period.

They went through their usual over the phone crap like NVRAM and PRAM, which was actually kind of funny, because the tech had no clue that the procedure was different for the T2 MBP’s and I had to tell him how it was done.

End result he consulted with a senior tech and they booked me an appointment at the Genius Bar, which I am sure will be another waste of time, but further document my case.

In the meantime he asked that I set the display to never sleep and see what effect that has. Sounds like more cluelessness, but I will play along ;)

Reactions: knweiss

m-e

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
They acted like that when I called them today as well. I kept insisting that it was a well known and documented error and all I got from them was feigning surprise and denial. But I wanted it documented and a case number while I was still within my trial period.

They went through their usual over the phone crap like NVRAM and PRAM, which was actually kind of funny, because the tech had no clue that the procedure was different for the T2 MBP’s and I had to tell him how it was done.

End result he consulted with a senior tech and they booked me an appointment at the Genius Bar, which I am sure will be another waste of time, but further document my case.

In the meantime he asked that I set the display to never sleep and see what effect that has. Sounds like more cluelessness, but I will play along ;)
I admire your patience.

Strangely, I wasn't asked to deal with NVRAM or PRAM, they didn't ask me even if I did it. Just the fact that I told them I already reinstalled the OS was enough for the person I had on the phone. So within 2min I was offered the choice between trying a repair tour or a replacement unit. And I have barely mentioned this was a known issue on internet, to which by the way they didn't react at all. But the two persons I had on the phone were very kind and understanding.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I admire your patience.

Strangely, I wasn't asked to deal with NVRAM or PRAM, they didn't ask me even if I did it. Just the fact that I told them I already reinstalled the OS was enough for the person I had on the phone. So within 2min I was offered the choice between trying a repair tour or a replacement unit. And I have barely mentioned this was a known issue on internet, to which by the way they didn't react at all. But the two persons I had on the phone were very kind and understanding.

We shall see how patient I am after Saturday night, which is when my apt. Is. Unless they have some definitive answers about what the problem is and a guarantee that a fix is forthcoming, back it goes. I am not going to play denial games with them for what it cost

doitdada

Suspended
Oct 14, 2013
Back on High Sierra, clean install and the firmware is still 16P50351c, will report after some usage if the error occurs with the updated T2 firmware from the Mojave.

Update
Took me about 30 min in High Sierra before I got hit by a sleep/reboot. Didn't get an error report after the new firmware. Connected to display, mouse and keyboard.

Last edited:

eagerwu

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2018
Beijing
No bridgeOS sleep/wake issue after a long sleep and some productivity after upgrading to beta version of Mojave.

Can't read GHz in Intel Power Gadget in Mojave. Also runs a bit hot in Clamshell mode. Macs Fan Control can't read all cores, but displays fan speed.

ToJGgD6.png
[doublepost=1533711104][/doublepost]

ToJGgD6.png
Cooool. I assume the Bridge OS issue will be fixed on Mojave. Sooner or later...

m-e

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
Back on High Sierra, clean install and the firmware is still 16P50351c, will report after some usage if the error occurs with the updated T2 firmware from the Mojave.

Update
Took me about 30 min in High Sierra before I got hit by a sleep/reboot. Didn't get an error report after the new firmware. Connected to display, mouse and keyboard.
You mean you have experienced a new KP but had no report of it ?

doitdada

Suspended
Oct 14, 2013
You mean you have experienced a new KP but had no report of it ?

I experienced a sleep to reboot, but had no report of it when logged in, you know the window with the yellow icon. Had it sleep for 3-4 hours now, but did wake. I hope it is something else. Time will tell.

m-e

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
I experienced a sleep to reboot, but had no report of it when logged in, you know the window with the yellow icon. Had it sleep for 3-4 hours now, but did wake. I hope it is something else. Time will tell.
Have you checked in the Console just to be sure ? I showed a screen shot a few posts before on the exact path inside the console.

samjacs

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2018
I had the crypto errors and my mac rebooted 3 times during sleep in 3 days. I've done a backup with timemachine. Erased the SDD. Re-installed macOS from the net. Do the macOS update. Re-installed my data from timemachine backup. Checkdisk done : no more crypto errors. Waited the next sleep (30 min) : bam ... reboot !! nothing was plugged in excepted power...
BUT ... the good news now : since then no more KP occurs, even if I've plugged in and out different accessories (SD card, USB, etc..). It's was now 4 days ago since this last KP. I hardly cross my fingers ! :)

upload_2018-8-8_14-14-7.png

Log of the last KP: {"caused_by":"macos","macos_system_state":"running","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 2.4.1 (15P6703)","timestamp":"2018-08-04 20:18:49.87 +0000","incident_id":"F8D45712-A0E9-4CEB-A9E0-184229B41781"}

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.