Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
It is frustrating all the issues I heard , I had unfortunately sold my MacBook 12 2016 that had zero issues with the purpose of buying a new MacBook Pro 13 but now I must wait or go with one of the competition.

I am in a similar boat man. I didn’t sell mine so much as wipe it and give it to my wife. The one thing I am not going to do is ask her for it back now, so I need to find a workable solution for myself :)

doitdada

Suspended
Oct 14, 2013
You seem to have a different Bridge OS than the latest available as 3.0. You have the 16P50351c and the latest is
16P50361a.
You updated to Mojave but are using High Sierra ?

I am on my 7th day without KP and didn't need to restart for my first unit. My replacement unit had to reboot a few times due to various software installations but I used it all day, with a dock and an external screen. Went out of sleep without any issue.
Default settings in Energy saver, Hey Siri and every little bluetooth thing on, Time Machine started this morning but not finished when I went out of home so will finish it tonight.

Yes, I had maybe a 10 day run myself, but then it started to get weird. It didn't want to wake after a couple of reboots, even tried to unplug/plug in USB-C to DP, but the display just stared back at me blank. Had to do a few reboots, then it kind of acted normal.

m-e

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
Yes, I had maybe a 10 day run myself, but then it started to get weird. It didn't want to wake after a couple of reboots, even tried to unplug/plug in USB-C to DP, but the display just stared back at me blank. Had to do a few reboots, then it kind of acted normal.
Well mine will never make 10 days because I have to return it since I received the replacement unit. Doing this tomorrow and wiping it this evening so it's ready to leave it at some UPS Access Point.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Ah, that's frustrating. Don't feel bad about returning it. I also wouldn't accept that. It's just a shame that you'll have to wait for another replacement. :rolleyes:

Yeah, a bit disappointing and frustrating. Remove the plastic wrap, open the box, remove it from the inner sleeve and remove the paper and "Oh damn.. what is that? Crap."

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
New Mojave beta T2 firmware is:

16P50366a

Last build was:

16P50361a

Fingers crossed. Keep us updated. :)
[doublepost=1534789378][/doublepost]
Well mine will never make 10 days because I have to return it since I received the replacement unit. Doing this tomorrow and wiping it this evening so it's ready to leave it at some UPS Access Point.

I'm in the same situation. My replacement 13" will arrive tomorrow. Luckily, the woman who helped me set up the replacement said it'll get its own 14 day return/refund period and that it can actually be 30 days so I'll have time to see how it is. Unless it's flawless it's going back and I'll be getting a refund and holding off to see what happens with iMacs in the coming months. :rolleyes:

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016
I'm not. I've never been a huge fan of running benchmarks. I base my thoughts off of the performance in my own workflow.
Totally. The T2 and Bridge OS effectively replace the functions of the SMC. Asking bc delta in scores and behavior since the 10.13.6 Supplemental Update may indicate Apple doing further tweaking on the power systems feeding and regulating the CPU. T2/BridgeOS version changes indicate something is being modified there. We don't yet know what.

Reactions: Hakiroto

m-e

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
PB7 has the same T2 firmware version as the Dev Beta 8 : 16P50366a
PB7 bundle being 10.14 Beta (18A371a)

itsamacthing

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
Got a 2018 MacBook Pro on Friday, returning it today. I spoke with support, Apple engineers are aware of the issue (that it is effecting both the 2018 iMac Pro and MacBook Pro) but no idea when it will be resolved. I took the time to let Apple collect my Capture Data. Then I wiped the machine and setup a return.

If I were you or anyone considering a new Mac, I would avoid buying the iMac Pro or 2018 MacBook until Apple can resolve this...

Animaniac

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2004
Cambridge, MA
For me, the panics have occurred while the lid is closed and laptop is charging. Roughly once every four days. No real custom configuration. FileVault and Touch ID enabled.

What I find most interesting is that during use, light use even, the keyboard is noticeably warm to the touch (approximately in the top left, E, R, 4, 3 keys). Looking at logic board diagrams, this is right above the T2 chip. Running iStats shows that the "Platform Controller Hub Die" is running at 48°C. That sounds like the T2 chip. It is roughly 5-10°C warmer than any other component, including CPU and GPU.

Are others experiencing a warm keyboard like this?

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
For me, the panics have occurred while the lid is closed and laptop is charging. Roughly once every four days. No real custom configuration. FileVault and Touch ID enabled.

What I find most interesting is that during use, light use even, the keyboard is noticeably warm to the touch (approximately in the top left, E, R, 4, 3 keys). Looking at logic board diagrams, this is right above the T2 chip. Running iStats shows that the "Platform Controller Hub Die" is running at 48°C. That sounds like the T2 chip. It is roughly 5-10°C warmer than any other component, including CPU and GPU.

Are others experiencing a warm keyboard like this?

The whole MacBook runs warmer than any MacBook I've used before and I guess that's the price you pay for adding a couple more cores to each model but mostly retaining the same cooling system. Looking in iStat Menus now, I'm getting mid 50s for Platform Controller Hub Die, whatever that is, but I was just watching a 4K video on YouTube and the fans were going a bit crazy so I guess it's hotter than it typically would be.

Reactions: doitdada

faisalmemonuk

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2018
London, UK.
My 2017 MBP has been crashing this past week due to those errors. Only when sleeping. Didn’t think much of it since I’m selling it but when i disabled all power saving features the problem went away. Obvious note, it does not contain the T2 chip.

If you have it, could you share the Crash Report, please. I would be interested in studying it to see where it may differ.

If you have the time, it would be most helpful to have the output of the commands:
`pmset -g` and `pmset -g log`

These describe you current settings, and history of power management issues, respectively.

Thanks!

babartheelephant

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2018
I ended up returning my MBP yesterday. They offered to send me a replacement but everything I've read indicates that the replacement is likely to experience the same issues. So I figured I would just return it while I could. I'm going to go back to my 2012 MBP for now and keep an eye on how this whole thing pans out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.