Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beageek

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2018
Guys, does Mojave with new T2 chip firmware help prevent KP?

Last edited:

zargap

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2017
Guys, does Mojave with new T2 chip firmware help prevent KP?
I just clean installed HS, then installed SU2, then Mojave and now I’m transferring stuff over. I have to delay my appointment to try to return cuz life reasons so maybe I won’t even need to? We’ll see.

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016
I just clean installed HS, then installed SU2, then Mojave and now I’m transferring stuff over. I have to delay my appointment to try to return cuz life reasons so maybe I won’t even need to? We’ll see.
praying for you!

DebugBug

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
Sorry to confirm that the problem still exists with Mojave. Every time my Macbook Pro with touchbar (14 days old) goes to sleep (including the disk) it crashes and reboots as soon as I touch it. It does not happen if the disk does not sleep, i.e. when I'm at home and it's doing a timemachine backup in the background.
I also had the USB/c ports on the left side stop working, but they are working again after the Mojave update.

Reactions: Pangalactic

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Can’t believe it, the last two days I am back to KP’s. On Mojave. Had previous supplemental updates. Just lost 6 hours worth of work that couldn’t auto recover, had left the machine idle for like 30 minutes. Yesterday’s was on waking from sleep it had restarted during the night with a crash report, 210 BridgeOS.. same one as always.

apiro

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2017
Week-old maxed-out MacBook Pro 13" 2018. MacOS last beta since day 1. No KPs since then. MacOS Mojave RTM updated today's night. No new programs or actions from me - first BridgeOS KP just now. Ugh. Apple.

Last edited:

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
Does macos Mojave fix kernel panic?
According to apiro's post (three posts before yours), BridgeOS KPs have not been fixed yet in the Mohave version released yesterday.
[doublepost=1537870427][/doublepost]
what is the easies way to produce a KP, brideOS error?
From what you can read in this thread, most BridgeOS KPs happened either while on sleep, or (most of the times) waking from sleep.

I'm used to almost never make laptops sleep, so I hope I won't be getting KPs when I get my MBP next Friday.

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
why not to show option only in case user have HDD?
You could have an old-style spinner connected via USB or thunderbolt. Then the option would have a reason to exist.

For when you don't have any attached, it's still there either for legacy reasons or - perhaps more likely - UI consistency I would think. Options that come or go depending on what you have connected at the time are confusing to many people, and are hard to find when you need to find them.

Reactions: SDColorado

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
"I'm used to almost never make laptops sleep, so I hope I won't be getting KPs when I get my MBP next Friday."

So, when you close the lid your laptop never goes to sleep?

DebugBug

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
Just saw another variation of the same problem. After a few crashes today - on Mojave - all related to wake up after sleep, I suddenly lost functionality on my left USB-C ports. The dock attached to them, with keyboard, mouse and screen, was no longer recognised (charging fine though). Moving the plug to the right hand side worked. Will try rebooting a few times to see if that fixes the problem. I believe the two things are related as some (including me) have also experienced the crashes when disconnecting USB harddrives.

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
"I'm used to almost never make laptops sleep, so I hope I won't be getting KPs when I get my MBP next Friday."

So, when you close the lid your laptop never goes to sleep?
I shutdown first (most of the times, unless when I’m in some scenario that involves intermittent work, but that’s rare for me).

marhycz

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
Hi there,
New owner of a MBP 2018 13" I have it for about a week. Installed Mojave final build 4 days ago.
T2 Chip firmare version - 16P375
And I just had my first "Bridge OS" related KP.

I was just using VS Code, writing text, nothing else.

FileVault disabled. PowerNap enabled.

So I joined the T2 Chip club :-D
I wonder if I should even bother with replacement. Not living in a country with Apple Stores..

Megaman0025

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
Hi guys, just following this thread now because I have same problem. Almost Maxed out (1TB SSD) 2018 13inch MB Pro. Have owned for about 3 week now. My KP’s started last week, randomly while the computer was unplugged at a coffee shop. Reboot and shut off over And over, with no peripherals connected at all. Supplemental update 2 didn’t fix this. I tested and Same thing happened in my Bootcamp partition as well. Boots on for 15 seconds, fans scream and shut off. Strange thing is, the computer is (mostly) stable when plugged in and attached to a monitor. It will still have Bridge OS kps but ar least the computer is usable. Usable enough to download Mojave last night, and then find out this morning that I still got a KP even while plugged in. The computer DID go to sleep overnight as the monitor is in my bed room. I’ll be following and adding my input where I can!

TL:DR. - KP’s still happening after
[doublepost=1537889904][/doublepost]My post got cut off weird, but basically:
KP’s still happening after SU2 and Mojave. My KP’s started occurring while Unplugged and on battery with no peripherals attached. Seems more stable when plugged in and with a monitor. And I’m really pissed. I don’t have a receipt because I bought it on eBay but it was BRAND NEW UNOPENED. You think they’ll still take a return??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.