Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
My (custom configuration 15''/i9/32MB/560X/1TB/Silver) was initially expected to arrive this Friday (Sept 28) to the shop, but I'm now seeing that the current status says it will arrive to the shop on Oct 3). That's a delay of half a week, so I'm not sure if the cause is that the factory is overbooked or if there are other reasons, but at least I hope I'll get an as much updated as possible MBP.

Broslowski

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
There are no revisions of MBP so far you will get same unite as everybody else got.

Is there anybody with Bridge OS KP happening with Power nap disabled? I remember got problems with Power nap constantly, but they was temps related - long story short MBP did not bother to cool at all while in power nap and after waking up from sleep it was so dam hot i can not even touch it for a minute or two..

Mby we can collect set of data setup of individual users with Bridge OS KP?

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016
My (custom configuration 15''/i9/32MB/560X/1TB/Silver) was initially expected to arrive this Friday (Sept 28) to the shop, but I'm now seeing that the current status says it will arrive to the shop on Oct 3). That's a delay of half a week, so I'm not sure if the cause is that the factory is overbooked or if there are other reasons, but at least I hope I'll get an as much updated as possible MBP.
possibly bc Mojave

SWJH

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
My base model 13" 2018 has crashed about 6 times in the last 2 weeks since I got it. Upgraded to Mojave last night, today it went black screen (with cursor), and then took 15 minutes to restart. No error message this time, I'm about ready to throw this thing into the trash. $2,000 and it's completely unstable. What's the deal apple?

apiro

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2017
and then took 15 minutes to restart.
BTW forgot to mention. Not only BridgeOS KP happened. Laptop got stuck with frozen screen for 3-5 minutes and didn't react on long-pressing power-off button. Then it finally turned off and didn't react on power-on button. Then it finally turned on. :(

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
I am an Apple Fan, I have a problem, and I know it. However, having been involved in this thread since it started TWO months and 81 pages ago, it is INEXCUSABLE that Apple can not get this sorted out. I am still sitting on the sidelines with my hard-earned money, wanting desperately to buy the tricked out 15". I even got guardedly optimistic over the last week or two when the frequency of posts by people having problems really dropped off. But now there is a flurry of posting with people having BridgeOS KP's again. SOOOO disappointing.

n3t_runn3r

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2018
I am an Apple Fan, I have a problem, and I know it. However, having been involved in this thread since it started TWO months and 81 pages ago, it is INEXCUSABLE that Apple can not get this sorted out. I am still sitting on the sidelines with my hard-earned money, wanting desperately to buy the tricked out 15". I even got guardedly optimistic over the last week or two when the frequency of posts by people having problems really dropped off. But now there is a flurry of posting with people having BridgeOS KP's again. SOOOO disappointing.

Sigh. Similar feelings. Perhaps this will help? https://thematridox.com/2018/09/25/apple-releases-first-macos-mojave-10-14-1-beta/

zargap

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2017
So I had my appointment today, tldr left it at the store for diagnostics because I’d like to swap it and I’m way out of warranty time.

The tech had heard of the issue, but only through the internet. Apple has no special info on this for genius bars and no documentation of it in their repair info apparently. Everything came up totally fine on diagnostics of course. I also just installed Mojave on it but haven’t used it at all lol. So that complicates things, but we’ll see if they find anything.

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Just saw another variation of the same problem. After a few crashes today - on Mojave - all related to wake up after sleep, I suddenly lost functionality on my left USB-C ports. The dock attached to them, with keyboard, mouse and screen, was no longer recognised (charging fine though). Moving the plug to the right hand side worked. Will try rebooting a few times to see if that fixes the problem. I believe the two things are related as some (including me) have also experienced the crashes when disconnecting USB harddrives.

Also have this on 15”, external screens won’t turn on and the system freezes, unplugging the tb3 cable resolves the freeze, trying another port fixes and screens turn on, this process has also on occasion caused the KP

Broslowski

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2018
I had this as well - my whole dongle went numb until i restarted whole machine. Fortunately this happened only once

drecc

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2014
I ordered the 2018 MBP the same day it was announced, and I'm still having Bridge OS problems with Mojave.

It seems to be related to my external LG display. When I plug in the monitor it will sometimes decide to suddenly crash and shut down.

This happens about once every 2-4 days, and is very unpredictable. I also have a Belkin USB-C ethernet dongle attached at all times (the one that was sold in the Apple store).

Reactions: fullauto

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
I ordered the 2018 MBP the same day it was announced, and I'm still having Bridge OS problems with Mojave.

It seems to be related to my external LG display. When I plug in the monitor it will sometimes decide to suddenly crash and shut down.

This happens about once every 2-4 days, and is very unpredictable. I also have a Belkin USB-C ethernet dongle attached at all times (the one that was sold in the Apple store).
Are all your KPs unrelated to sleep?

drecc

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2014
Are all your KPs unrelated to sleep?

It is related to sleep, I think. To clarify, I keep my MBP closed in a vertical stand 100% of the time and use it via an external monitor. When I attempt to use it in the morning or after returning to it after it has slept, it sometimes will not turn on the external monitor when I click the mouse or tap the keyboard. At this point, it will still be working and not have crashed yet, so I can open the lid and use it via the built-in screen. Then I have to try and unplug and re-plug in the external monitor to get the external monitor to turn on. About 90% of the time when I do this, the external monitor is recognized and I can close the MBP and go back to using it exclusively via the external monitor and apple bluetooth keyboard/mouse. The other 10%, immediately when the external monitor is reconnected, I hear the fan suddenly go to full blast for about a second and then the machine switches off. Btw the external monitor is an LG 31MU97 4K connected via a USB-C -> Displayport cable. The 3 things connected to the MBP are the monitor, the belkin ethernet dongle and the apple power adaptor. I'd previously been using this same monitor with my old 2013 rMBP for two years without any such issues.

Last edited:

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
It is related to sleep, I think. To clarify, I keep my MBP closed in a vertical stand 100% of the time and use it via an external monitor. When I attempt to use it in the morning or after returning to it after it has slept, it sometimes will not turn on the external monitor when I click the mouse or tap the keyboard. At this point, it will still be working and not have crashed yet, so I can open the lid and use it via the built-in screen. Then I have to try and unplug and re-plug in the external monitor to get the external monitor to turn on. About 90% of the time when I do this, the external monitor is recognized and I can close the MBP and go back to using it exclusively via the external monitor and apple bluetooth keyboard/mouse. The other 10%, immediately when the external monitor is reconnected, I hear the fan suddenly go to full blast for about a second and then the machine switches off. Btw the external monitor is an LG 31MU97 4K connected via a USB-C -> Displayport cable. The 3 things connected to the MBP are the monitor, the belkin ethernet dongle and the apple power adaptor. I'd previously been using this same monitor with my old 2013 rMBP for two years without any such issues.
Thanks, I’m trying to figure out if there are still any KPs unrelated to sleep and that have not been fixed yet.

zargap

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2017
Also according to the Genius I talked to, as some have suspected this error is like a check engine light, same with the fast that all of my crashes have pointed to the AppleSMC thread. So this could be many different issues.

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
I was having crashes at least twice a day. No crashes in 2 days since installing Mojave. Fingers crossed.

Yeah Mojave isn’t solving for a lot of people. There’s a new beta out though, keen to see how that’s going for people with KP issue.. can’t install as I don’t have a paid developer account..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.