Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iZeljko

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
North Sea
me too...:( I have to change form my MBPro late 2011...
I thought to buy a machine after Mojave Release but as this issue is still not fixed... -.-
We are on the same boat.

Back in 2013 when I have bought 15” and 13” MBPRs I have had a feeling that I’m giving my money to a company that values me as a costumer. Specially for that amount of money.
Today after seeing all the problems with MBPs I do not have the same feeling. Just feel like Apple is a trillion dollar company that does not give too much attention to my small “investment” that I want to push in the MPB upgrade. When I see the MBP 15” as an investment they probably do not see it all that important...

I do feel sad if that means anything. I’d buy it tomorrow if I’d be convinced that KPs and other problems are sorted out.

Reactions: ales876

ales876

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2016
Germany
We are on the same boat.

Back in 2013 when I have bought 15” and 13” MBPRs I have had a feeling that I’m giving my money to a company that values me as a costumer. Specially for that amount of money.
Today after seeing all the problems with MBPs I do not have the same feeling. Just feel like Apple is a trillion dollar company that does not give too much attention to my small “investment” that I want to push in the MPB upgrade. When I see the MBP 15” as an investment they probably do not see it all that important...

I do feel sad if that means anything. I’d buy it tomorrow if I’d be convinced that KPs and other problems are sorted out.
Let us know how it works out.

I mean I asked around 5 of my friends who have one and they had no complain. So yeah, just go for it. I might get it by the weekend.

Reactions: iZeljko

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
me too...:( I have to change form my MBPro late 2011...
What is truly sad is that my HIGHLY modified 7 1/2 year old early 2011 15" MBP (SSD, CAX bluetooth, running CAT), which will arbitrarily NOT be allowed by Apple to run Mojave, is ROCK SOLID, and appears to be more reliable than the latest version.

Reactions: ales876

zargap

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2017
Apple Store was unable to reproduce a crash in ~48 hours so I'm getting my computer back later today. I'll report back if it crashes again. Maybe Mojave fixed it in my case.

iZeljko

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
North Sea
Let us know how it works out.

I mean I asked around 5 of my friends who have one and they had no complain. So yeah, just go for it. I might get it by the weekend.
Thanks for encouraging me Ales876. I really appreciate that.
Not really sure about this...

BDW, I see you are from Germany and maybe you can help me.
Is there a way to check online if certain models of MBPs are available in Frankfurt's apple store but with english keyboard?
[doublepost=1538071720][/doublepost]
Apple Store was unable to reproduce a crash in ~48 hours so I'm getting my computer back later today. I'll report back if it crashes again. Maybe Mojave fixed it in my case.
I'd make about a dozen tests of my own before leaving the store.

zargap

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2017

Is there a way to check online if certain models of MBPs are available in Frankfurt's apple store but with english keyboard?
What do you mean?

ales876

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2016
Germany

I don't know of a way checkin for an US Keyboard...but I would just give them a call. Regarding stocks I just know the normal Apple store and istocknow.com but there is nothing with MacBooks. So give them a call.

ales876

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2016
Germany
Anyone with issues tried the Public Beta released today?
Somebody wrote in the news thread:

"New BridgeOS and WiFi adapter firmware for 2018 MBPs. Wonder if it helps with any of the issues people have been having."

Let's see if it is what we hope for.

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
Somebody wrote in the news thread:

"New BridgeOS and WiFi adapter firmware for 2018 MBPs. Wonder if it helps with any of the issues people have been having."

Let's see if it is what we hope for.
I didn't like the idea of updating to Mojave so soon (I'm a late summer-time updater these years), but, I'm beginning to suspect my MBP will arrive with Mojave installed even if the sales rep assured me it was going to come with HS by ordering it on Sept 14th, specially after the arrival date has been delayed from today to next Wednesday... anyway, from what I'm reading, it looks like you might really want Mojave if you have a 2018 MBP... so the price to get the KPs fixed will be to suffer the new bugs that will be surely introduced in the first Mojave releases... Well, I suppose there's no other option.

eagerwu

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2018
Beijing
I didn't like the idea of updating to Mojave so soon (I'm a late summer-time updater these years), but, I'm beginning to suspect my MBP will arrive with Mojave installed even if the sales rep assured me it was going to come with HS by ordering it on Sept 14th, specially after the arrival date has been delayed from today to next Wednesday... anyway, from what I'm reading, it looks like you might really want Mojave if you have a 2018 MBP... so the price to get the KPs fixed will be to suffer the new bugs that will be surely introduced in the first Mojave releases... Well, I suppose there's no other option.
Right on. It may be better to make the jump from .3version if your Mac is for work purpose.

iZeljko

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
North Sea
I don't know of a way checkin for an US Keyboard...but I would just give them a call. Regarding stocks I just know the normal Apple store and istocknow.com but there is nothing with MacBooks. So give them a call.
I’ll give them a call, thanks for advice.

marhycz

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
So user of MBP 2018 13". Running macOS Mojave. 3 days ago I have had first KP related to Bridge OS and yesterday I got another. FileVault disabled and it happened just during browsing the web - Macbook crashes, restarts, shows a Kernel Panic report related to Bridge OS.

Mojave was installed as a fresh OS from USB drive, not doing upgrade. So I am wondering if I should try another install, or just sent it to RMA.

Apple should at least give info, if it's hardware or software related problem..

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
Apple should at least give info, if it's hardware or software related problem..
It's coming closer and closer to the time it takes to fix those compatibility bugs in Linux that break hibernation in some laptops (I'm not comparing the causes, but rather the time it takes to fix them... and that's sad, because the Mac was about perfect operation "out of the box").

Reactions: n3t_runn3r

iZeljko

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
North Sea
It's coming closer and closer to the time it takes to fix those compatibility bugs in Linux that break hibernation in some laptops (I'm not comparing the causes, but rather the time it takes to fix them... and that's sad, because the Mac was about perfect operation "out of the box").
You have nailed it with that line bro.
Here it is under my palms 2013 MBPR 13" MBPR running like a Swiss clock mechanism. I'm screaming "Apple take my money" but Apple gives me KP high five in return...

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Had 24 hours on battery and medium usage, no issues. Came home, plugged into CalDigit TS3 Plus, finished up some work in InDesign, no worries. Went to bed, woke up to full KP crash whilst it was connected to dock and asleep. That’s the problem for me, dock and sleep.

Reactions: zargap and eagerwu

Shiro_Simba

Suspended
Sep 28, 2018
London
Having read this thread, feel for the 2018 owners , this is not good enough . I know that issues will always arise, but given the prices of apple products these days, they are more like Microsoft.... each year. Though when a smart phone is £1500 I doubt apple management see the issues that we do with price/quality at the moment in the Mac range.

At least the iMac Pro is very solid , probably their most solid offering at the moment , that can handle the thermal output of the unit, unlike the i7 units.

Trillion

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2018
Israel
I just got another KP on a fresh Mojave install....

Did they basically tell you "we can see by the logs your computer crashes all the time but because it didn't happen now we won't do anything to fix it " ?

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
I just got another KP on a fresh Mojave install....

Did they basically tell you "we can see by the logs your computer crashes all the time but because it didn't happen now we won't do anything to fix it " ?

I believe the logs you submit to engineers are evidence of what was happening during the crash and the log files are loaded into a machine simulator (a virtual Mac) that lets the engineers experience the crash visually.

appleino

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2017
Has anyone thought about what role the hard drive could play in all this? I have a 2018 MacBook Pro and while I had one reboot during sleep so far, I wasn‘t able to figure out back then whether it was KP related. I had looked around in my log files but didn‘t know which one to analyse, so I deleted all of them to make it easier for me to find the right one after another crash. In the meantime I know where to look thanks to this thread here, so when I face the next one I‘ll head straight to the corresponding file.

Anyway, there is a good chance that the reboot back then was not KP related since I have used the laptop heavily for a few weeks now without any crashes (knock on wood). I‘m running High Sierra SU2 but this doesn‘t seem to make any difference for most users here anyhow (with Mojave users still facing KPs).

To get to the point, I also have a 2015 Macbook Pro that reboots almost every night during sleep. It has been driving me crazy and I did my fair share of research into this issue (it‘s out of warranty, so no Apple support anymore). Turns out that MANY people have the same problem with these machines and a lot of people went through a huge ordeal to solve it. Think of replacing several components, the whole logic board, trying various software fixes like running scripts that keep the machine busy during phases they would normally be idle, removing kext files that are handling Thunderbolt connections, etc. I‘ve tried all the software fixes but none of them solved the issue for me and the machine rebooted just this morning during sleep.

One guy I came across online said the only fix for him was to replace the hard drive. I‘m not willing to do that with my machine but apparently after he went through weeks of trying out different things, spending hours with Apple support and also had a few other components replaced before, this was the only thing that solved it for him for good.

My question to the affected users is therefore: what hard drive do you have in your machine?

I have a 2TB, 2.9 GHz, 32GB, 2018
machine and have read of another user whose wife running the exact same configuration hasn‘t had a KP at all whereas his machine with a different configuration has had crashes.

It‘s just a theory, but it‘d still be interesting to see whether someone has the exact same configuration than me and has had KPs nonetheless.

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016
Has anyone thought about what role the hard drive could play in all this? I have a 2018 MacBook Pro and while I had one reboot during sleep so far, I wasn‘t able to figure out back then whether it was KP related. I had looked around in my log files but didn‘t know which one to analyse, so I deleted all of them to make it easier for me to find the right one after another crash. In the meantime I know where to look thanks to this thread here, so when I face the next one I‘ll head straight to the corresponding file.

Anyway, there is a good chance that the reboot back then was not KP related since I have used the laptop heavily for a few weeks now without any crashes (knock on wood). I‘m running High Sierra SU2 but this doesn‘t seem to make any difference for most users here anyhow (with Mojave users still facing KPs).

To get to the point, I also have a 2015 Macbook Pro that reboots almost every night during sleep. It has been driving me crazy and I did my fair share of research into this issue (it‘s out of warranty, so no Apple support anymore). Turns out that MANY people have the same problem with these machines and a lot of people went through a huge ordeal to solve it. Think of replacing several components, the whole logic board, trying various software fixes like running scripts that keep the machine busy during phases they would normally be idle, removing kext files that are handling Thunderbolt connections, etc. I‘ve tried all the software fixes but none of them solved the issue for me and the machine rebooted just this morning during sleep.

One guy I came across online said the only fix for him was to replace the hard drive. I‘m not willing to do that with my machine but apparently after he went through weeks of trying out different things, spending hours with Apple support and also had a few other components replaced before, this was the only thing that solved it for him for good.

My question to the affected users is therefore: what hard drive do you have in your machine?

I have a 2TB, 2.9 GHz, 32GB, 2018
machine and have read of another user whose wife running the exact same configuration hasn‘t had a KP at all whereas his machine with a different configuration has had crashes.

It‘s just a theory, but it‘d still be interesting to see whether someone has the exact same configuration than me and has had KPs nonetheless.
That user would be me. She continues to have Zero KPs and I’ve had one on my lesser 2.6ghz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.