Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Don't think it's Lando, seems to have big arm muscles which an F1 driver won't have. Is it you Glideslope?

It’s Lando. Max was checking out his EC-130.
He was giving Max a lift to the airport where Max’s Falcon 900X was. Max purchased it used from Richard Branson. Has a cool livery.

I didn’t post any of the helo images.

Just Max and Lando together. Thought it was a nice image. 🙂

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
It’s Lando. Max was checking out his EC-130.
He was giving Max a lift to the airport where Max’s Falcon 900X was. Max purchased it used from Richard Branson. Has a cool livery.

I didn’t post any of the helo images.

Just Max and Lando together. Thought it was a nice image. 🙂

Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn’t tell it was Lando with those sunglasses. He needs to lose some muscle mass so he’s quicker Lol.
and how the other half live eh, comparing private planes, still they must use them so much flying all around the world.

Reactions: pachyderm

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn’t tell it was Lando with those sunglasses. He needs to lose some muscle mass so he’s quicker Lol.
and how the other half live eh, comparing private planes, still they must use them so much flying all around the world.

I'm not sure who owns what in F1. Max's 900X is his own, not part of RBR Racing. So, yes, he uses it for all his personal travel. Pretty sure Lando uses McLaren's Corporate Jet to and from races.

Lewis sold his Challenger 605 in 2019 to better live up to his sustainability standards . He now uses the AMG Team Aircraft which is actually owned by SAF as of this month. This was to reduce costs, and utilize better time management.

This is becoming a trend in Corporate Aviation. Less and less companies are directly owning their jets.

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The loss of Spa in 2023 makes it a lesser championship sadly. Money, money, money is more important than prestigious tracks and it’s embarrassing. When you’ve got dreadful venues like Qatar back and Saudi remaining, you have to ask what morals Liberty media have? The sooner the sport is moved on from this charade the better.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
The loss of Spa in 2023 makes it a lesser championship sadly. Money, money, money is more important than prestigious tracks and it’s embarrassing. When you’ve got dreadful venues like Qatar back and Saudi remaining, you have to ask what morals Liberty media have? The sooner the sport is moved on from this charade the better.

Let's be honest - Bernie was threatening Spa every contract renewal, as well, and it was not run in 2003 because Belgium outlawed tobacco advertising and I am sure that did not sit well with FOM.

Don't misunderstand me - I do not want deeply historical tracks like Spa, Monza, Silverstone, et. al. to be dropped just because something newer and shinier is available. But I do not think it is fair to say this only happened because Liberty is running the show, now.

Last edited:

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
I'm not sure who owns what in F1. Max's 900X is his own, not part of RBR Racing. So, yes, he uses it for all his personal travel. Pretty sure Lando uses McLaren's Corporate Jet to and from races.

Lewis sold his Challenger 605 in 2019 to better live up to his sustainability standards . He now uses the AMG Team Aircraft which is actually owned by SAF as of this month. This was to reduce costs, and utilize better time management.

This is becoming a trend in Corporate Aviation. Less and less companies are directly owning their jets.
So they should really, a bit better for the environment if they all use a single plane they can rent out. They put all the cars and equipment on the same planes, I’ve seen the way they pack the cars and it’s mightily impressive.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Let's be honest - Bernie was threatening Spa every contract renewal, as well, and it was not run in 2003 because Belgium outlawed tobacco advertising and I am sure that did not sit well with FOM.

Don't misunderstand me - I do not want deeply historical tracks like Spa, Monza, Silverstone, et. al. to be dropped just because something newer and shinier is available. But I do not think it is fair to say this only happened because Liberty is running the show, now.

I didn’t say it happened because liberty media took over and am aware Bernie tried to get of Spa, Silverstone and Monza more than twice. They are showing themselves to be exactly the same as him where desert car parks in dreadfully backward countries or harbours built with plastic seas are more important than good racing at proper racing circuits. You’ve misunderstood me by the looks.

• Love

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I didn’t say it happened because liberty media took over and am aware Bernie tried to get of Spa, Silverstone and Monza more than twice. They are showing themselves to be exactly the same as him where desert car parks in dreadfully backward countries or harbours built with plastic seas are more important than good racing at proper racing circuits.

I can only presume that is the price that must be paid to keep the manufacturers, the sponsors and the broadcasters in the fold.

After all, it is not referred to as "The Show" for nothing.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I can only presume that is the price that must be paid to keep the manufacturers, the sponsors and the broadcasters in the fold.

After all, it is not referred to as "The Show" for nothing.

It’s more of a show now than it’s ever been. The worst thing they ever did was put f1 on a realty tv show on Netflix as it’s attracted so many brain dead idiots to the sport. Thank goodness Alonso and Button have been vocal about this and even those inside the sport have noticed the uneducated stupidity that has arrived in the last few years. They are now on about extending the season to include an additional 7 races. No thanks.

• Love

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I disagree, but then part of that is my Sports Season begins and ends with Formula One so I see Formula One being more popular (which "Drive to Survive" has certainly done around the world) as a good thing for the long-term health of the sport.

I do not want to see Formula One go the way of World Sports Car or IMSA in the early 1990s when the manufacturers lost interest and the series effectively folded (WSC) or were dumbed down on a technical level (IMSA) because the privateers could not afford anything better.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I disagree, but then part of that is my Sports Season begins and ends with Formula One so I see Formula One being more popular (which "Drive to Survive" has certainly done around the world) as a good thing for the long-term health of the sport.

I do not want to see Formula One go the way of World Sports Car or IMSA in the early 1990s when the manufacturers lost interest and the series effectively folded (WSC) or were dumbed down on a technical level (IMSA) because the privateers could not afford anything better.

We can agree to disagree on that then. The Americanisation of F1 can go and jump as far as I am concerned. Drive to survive has introduced far too many simple idiots who can’t be bothered to learn about the sport and just cause trouble. F1 has never been a place for football terrace mentalities and was always a sport for people who were passionate about the racing and the engineering. Gimmick qualifying shootouts to serve lazy audiences and selling out to oil regimes was supposed to be a thing of the past.

• Love

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I think each track should be awarded races based on how good the racing there is. I will certainly miss spa. But hopefully it won’t be long before it’s back.
But many of the newer tracks are just awful. No one likes time deleted for going over the white lines. Stick a strip of grass there and people will stop doing it. Especially if it’s wet!

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Like all American corporations they have no morals.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
So they should really, a bit better for the environment if they all use a single plane they can rent out. They put all the cars and equipment on the same planes, I’ve seen the way they pack the cars and it’s mightily impressive.

Yes it is. DHL is the Logistical Coordination Company for F1. They will sub out to other carriers when they can’t meet capacity. This includes Sea Freight as well.

Generally in a season they move 600 tons by Air Freight, and 1,000 by Sea.
DHL’s 6- 744-F will average 131,995 km in the air during the season. Each team has between 40-50 tons of equipment, 10,000 kg of electronic equipment, with F1 adding and additional 150,000 kg of broadcast equipment and 30 standard freight containers for hospitality equipment.

It‘s a challenge being F1’s official Logistical Company. 😉😉

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Yes it is. DHL is the Logistical Coordination Company for F1. They will sub out to other carriers when they can’t meet capacity. This includes Sea Freight as well.

Generally in a season they move 600 tons by Air Freight, and 1,000 by Sea.
DHL’s 6- 744-F will average 131,995 km in the air during the season. Each team has between 40-50 tons of equipment, 10,000 kg of electronic equipment, with F1 adding and additional 150,000 kg of broadcast equipment and 30 standard freight containers for hospitality equipment.

It‘s a challenge being F1’s official Logistical Company. 😉😉
That’s crazy, an incredibly impressive feat. I take it you work for DHL? Hats if to you if you do, 1600 tons! And it all has to get to its place on time. Even things like the Rolex clock.

• Haha

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
That’s crazy, an incredibly impressive feat. I take it you work for DHL? Hats if to you if you do, 1600 tons! And it all has to get to its place on time. Even things like the Rolex clock.

I have never been employed by DHL. Just a retired Aviator/Fleet Management Consultant who likes to follow the industry. Stopped consulting full time in 2019.

Haven‘t been on a Flight Deck since 2003.

OldMacPro2

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2022
Losing Spa is inexcusable. Monaco, Monza, Spa...maybe Silverstone..are the pillars of this sport.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Yeah of "the classics" I would not miss Monaco at all.

Losing Spa, Monza, Silverstone or Suzuka would really hurt and I would hate to lose Austin (because I think it is a solid track and better than anything else the US has to offer), Spielberg (just because I want to attend) and Singapore (because as street races go, it's the best).

As for the rest, I am not really attached to any of them so I'm willing to entertain trades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.