Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Of those 4, Silverstone is my least fave.

I could live without that one but I prefer not to.

It’s a power track like Spa and produces really good racing. Much better than the marketing event that is Monaco IMO. There’s also not many other tracks in Britain that could compete to host a race. Brands and Donnington are too old fashioned. F1 without a British GP would be a plastic championship too.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
It’s a power track like Spa and produces really good racing. Much better than the marketing event that is Monaco IMO. There’s also not many other tracks in Britain that could compete to host a race. Brands and Donnington are too old fashioned. F1 without a British GP would be a plastic championship too.
Agreed.

I'm still not a fan of that track though.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Vettel to retire at the end of the season. Not at all surprising but will be sad to lose him as a driver. He’s achieved more than many in the sport and retires a legend

7c665dca35b062b934a962b4d1e6aeff.jpg

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I admit I was surprised when he agreed to go to Aston Martin after Ferrari cut him loose, but the team had generally punched above their weight as Force India and did okay once Stroll took ownership so I could see him thinking he had a legitimate shot at doing well (and he did make the podium in Azerbaijan 2021).

Reactions: pachyderm

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I admire Seb because he’s retiring before he needs to and isn’t hanging around past his sell by date. With 4 world championships, he doesn’t really have anything else to prove.

I think we will see him involved in F1 somewhere hopefully, he’s very good at raising awareness for issues and challenging the status quo.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I honestly didn’t think he’d retire so soon. Then again, it has appeared like he’s been getting involved in a lot of other ventures.

While he was World Champion, I couldn’t stand him. His attitude, to me, was awful. But, listening to him in interviews and such over the past two years, he seems like a very nice guy.

Weird…
I can see that point of view.
Good luck to him in his future endeavours. Seems like a nice guy

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Good for Seb. Has proven everything he wanted to. More time for his Family, Environmental, and Social Justice passions.

Being out of the F1 Circus will be an uplifting experience for him.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Maybe he’ll go for the triple crown like Alonso tried and emulate the legendary Graham Hill? He’s wealthy enough not to get bored though whatever he does. I’d prefer to see him making a proper difference in F1 and reminding the powers that be that there are fans that watch it and it’s not all about impressing oil rich regimes. Seb is a modest chap too and I’d live it if he stood up for the fans that want the sport back on FTA too.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Not sure what is better. George on pole or Max in 9th!
Yes, it's a toss-up, isn't it?

Surprising that Max had such apparent serious issues with his car during qualifying. How much can they work on the car post-qualifying to fix whatever was wrong? I'm wondering if they could end up with him at the back of the grid if the car requires work beyond what parc ferme rules allow?

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Yes, it's a toss-up, isn't it?

Surprising that Max had such apparent serious issues with his car during qualifying. How much can they work on the car post-qualifying to fix whatever was wrong? I'm wondering if they could end up with him at the back of the grid if the car requires work beyond what parc ferme rules allow?

As long as it’s the “Same Spec PU” they could switch out the PU and he would stay in 10th.

Would be interesting if the Fuel Pickup on low tanks was up again. Unlikely though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.