Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I’m being optimistic but I think Lewis i’ll win today. His success at this track is impressive and he’s been close to a win a couple of times this season. Ferrari will mess up their strategy as a lot of people predict lol. I’ll probably be completely wrong but I guess i’ll find out in the highlights.
I was thinking the same thing.

I really like SAI but I don't believe he has the chutzpah to hold too many folks off and win... we'll see...

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I’m being optimistic but I think Lewis i’ll win today.

He looked good...until he crashed into Alonso and took himself out. :p

Now will he need a PSU or gearbox change for the next race?

Perez sure benefitted from that, though. Trying to block the rest of the field cost him a lot of places, which he regained during "the scattering".

Reactions: Glideslope

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Mediums falling apart after only 10 laps...which of course is why Ferrari puts both drivers on fresh sets which I am not sure is the right call as that could mean an extra pit stop if others go to Hards. But AMG is going Medium-Medium with George...

Verstappen the fastest car in the field, though he is also the only one on Softs. He looks like he may try a one stop and switch to Hards.

McLaren and Alpine first of the front-runners to go to Hards so now we can see if they are the right tire or it is just lots of stops for Mediums and then Softs for the final 10-15 laps...

Last edited:

DD88

Suspended
Jun 6, 2022
Red bull needs investigating seriously , their car is rapid. Looks like they had to cheat to win last year and now cheating to win this year with a clearly illegal car. Verstappen isn’t fit enough to lace Hamilton’s boots

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
He looked good...until he crashed into Alonso and took himself out. :p

Now will he need a PSU or gearbox change for the next race?

Perez sure benefitted from that, though. Trying to block the rest of the field cost him a lot of places, which he regained during "the scattering".
Not sure where you’re headed with this but that collision was HAM’s fault. That the stewards didn’t penalize him just reiterated what we, almost to a member here, think about how ****** the stewards are every race.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Not sure where you’re headed with this but that collision was HAM’s fault.

Absolutely that crash was Hamilton's fault - he pinched Alonso, who gave him as much room as he could. Looked a bit desperate, to be honest, which is not a word I use with Hamilton's driving.

My guess is that with Alonso still going and in the points and Lewis DNFing, the stewards felt he'd punished himself enough, though if it was one of the backmarkers I am sure they still would have tacked on a grid spot penalty for the next race, so I agree with you that the stewards are still not being consistent.

Reactions: pachyderm

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Red bull needs investigating seriously , their car is rapid. Looks like they had to cheat to win last year and now cheating to win this year with a clearly illegal car. Verstappen isn’t fit enough to lace Hamilton’s boots

Max was the only car on Softs and looks like they were degrading no worse than the Mediums so he had a couple of seconds a lap more pace than those who started on Mediums and even more against those who started on Hards (which look to be too hard). That allowed him to pass everyone else so easily.

Now that he is on Mediums, as well, we should have a better feel for his actual pace - which still looks pretty strong, I admit. And Perez is pulling away from Sainz now that he has passed him.

Last edited:

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
Was Hamilton still wearing this when he caused the accident?

61806073-0-image-m-11_1661692111888.jpg

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
That comment is just crazy. Look at the race and see what Hamilton once again did. Also listen to the quiet room comment from sainz about Hamilton. Not least from Alonso when it happened. He clearly has a reputation amongst the other drivers.

DD88

Suspended
Jun 6, 2022
That comment is just crazy. Look at the race and see what Hamilton once again did. Also listen to the quiet room comment from sainz about Hamilton. Not least from Alonso when it happened. He clearly has a reputation amongst the other drivers.
Hamilton admitted to the mistake though as he was in his blind spot, Alonso is just an imbecile though he’s ALWAYS hated Hamilton because Hamilton as a rookie completely humiliated Alonso as a driver in his first year at McLaren. Hardly anyone I know and hardly any driver really cares what Alonso has to say, he had to wait for Schumacher to get old to Win a championship

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Congratulations the the RB18/Honda P1/P2. Hopefully the RB18 and Honda on the way to their 1st WCC of the Hybrid Area. Honda has earned it.

Credit to Max as well. Not my favorite guy, but today was an absolute Master Class.

Time for Lewis to focus on Mission 44 Full Time. NASCAR move on Alonso. Should have had a grid penalty for next week. “Blind Spot” my ass. You’re a 7 time WC you knew he was there. 🤥

Great drive by George to get that thing home in P4.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Hamilton admitted to the mistake though as he was in his blind spot, Alonso is just an imbecile though he’s ALWAYS hated Hamilton because Hamilton as a rookie completely humiliated Alonso as a driver in his first year at McLaren. Hardly anyone I know and hardly any driver really cares what Alonso has to say, he had to wait for Schumacher to get old to Win a championship

I think both drivers are well over that season by now mate to be fair. Alonso was an incredible driver and is still decent at his age. I’ve not always agreed with his politics but I don’t think he hates Lewis. They went on holiday together a few years ago in the off season and I think they both have massive respect for each other for what they’ve both accomplished.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Another Max and RBR Show. Going to be a runaway WDC and CC for both.

Russel did fantastic, considering. Makes me wonder what Lewis could have done...

I appreciate Lewis shutting down the Sky Reporter when she started to tell him Alonso's comment. As for Alonso, that comment was made in the heat of the moment and I take it as such.

And Ferrari fracks up again going for fastest lap - LeClerc has received a five second time penalty for speeding in the pit lane and ends up in 6th behind Alonso and with VER still taking Fastest Lap LEC ends up losing 17 points to VER instead of 16. :rolleyes:

And best of all, Formula One has confirmed Spa will be back for 2023.

Reactions: Glideslope

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
What a drive by Max! A fully deserved win and what a quick car!
Perez IMO deserved a penalty for the way he ran Sergio off the track defending.
Albon and Alonso also did amazing drives.
And Lewis put himself out there pushing the other driver off leaving no room, glad he took himself out for that move.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Was Hamilton still wearing this when he caused the accident?

61806073-0-image-m-11_1661692111888.jpg
What the f*** does he look like? Is this the fashion of rich thirty something sportsman now? I'm too old..

EDIT: oh I know, he’s going to audition for a Bill and Ben The Flower Pot men revival when he retires, he’s getting into character already for it.

Last edited:

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Not sure where you’re headed with this but that collision was HAM’s fault. That the stewards didn’t penalize him just reiterated what we, almost to a member here, think about how ****** the stewards are every race.

Yeah I think Lewis should have got points on his licence for that one, he damn well knew exactly where the other car was at that time. Still at least he took himself out for the race.

Reactions: pachyderm

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Yeah I think Lewis should have got points on his licence for that one, he damn well knew exactly where the other car was at that time. Still at least he took himself out for the race.

He stated in his interview that Alonso was in his blind spot at that point which is entirely plausible. It was cool to see him take full responsibility for it as that’s rare for F1 drivers in this era. I can’t see why he would deserve points for it as it wasn’t a particularly serious incident. He lost out and nobody else too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.