Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Good that we have Spa in 2023. Max was in a class of his own today. Think
He could have started last and still won.
As many predicted Ferrari stuff themselves with their stunt at the end.
Don’t know why they bothered. The WC is done already.
Lewis didn’t give enough room, but glad there are no penalties. He suffered enough with a DNF.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
He stated in his interview that Alonso was in his blind spot at that point which is entirely plausible. It was cool to see him take full responsibility for it as that’s rare for F1 drivers in this era. I can’t see why he would deserve points for it as it wasn’t a particularly serious incident. He lost out and nobody else too.

If that was Max running Lewis off, I bet you wouldn't buy the blind spot excuse? Lewis damn well knew where that car was, he's seasoned enough to and seasoned enough to know what excuses to use. By default he should have left more space. But I'm not going to argue over it, glad he took himself out.

Reactions: cyb3rdud3

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Yeah I think Lewis should have got points on his licence for that one, he damn well knew exactly where the other car was at that time. Still at least he took himself out for the race.
I was amazed about that at first as well. But then again Alonso wasn’t materially hindered by it, and Lewis clearly affected himself. I actually felt sorry for him when you saw his body language when getting out of the car. Also found it bad taste of the broadcast to show him in a cinematic lonesome setting. The chap sounds even more down than Daniel Riccardo.

Perhaps inconsistent application of the rules to some but I think it was fair.

But hey, Max just did a masterclass Such great and clean driving once again. And get stuck to his stated strategy by staying out of trouble in the first lap and then working his way up. Did it way quicker than I could have imagined. Very impressive.

Reactions: Pezimak

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
If that was Max running Lewis off, I bet you wouldn't buy the blind spot excuse? Lewis damn well knew where that car was, he's seasoned enough to and seasoned enough to know what excuses to use. By default he should have left more space. But I'm not going to argue over it, glad he took himself out.

I’m not really applying scenarios to Max this season to be honest as I’m enjoying the other battles. I’d like to think my logic applies to all drivers not just the ones certain people like more.

I’ll respectfully disagree with your opinion on whether Lewis knew where Alonso was. I’d hope he wouldn’t deliberately take himself out with his experience and targets for this season.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Good that we have Spa in 2023. Max was in a class of his own today. Think
He could have started last and still won.
As many predicted Ferrari stuff themselves with their stunt at the end.
Don’t know why they bothered. The WC is done already.
Lewis didn’t give enough room, but glad there are no penalties. He suffered enough with a DNF.

Keeping Spa is brilliant news, probably my favourite track on the calendar along with Silverstone.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Yeah I think Lewis should have got points on his licence for that one, he damn well knew exactly where the other car was at that time. Still at least he took himself out for the race.

Not points, but definitely a grid penalty next week. The “Blind Spot” excuse was as fake as that Mind Bending Floral Suit he was in.

Hopefully he is not in full Meltdown Mode. If he shows up in the Netherlands next week in a Bunny Suit it may be over……

Last edited:

DD88

Suspended
Jun 6, 2022
Not points, but definitely a grid penalty next week. The “Blind Spot” excuse was as fake as that Mind Bending Floral Suit he was in.

Hopefully he is not in full Meltdown Mode. If he shows up in the Netherlands next week in a Bunny Suit it may be over……
The hate for Hamilton is real on both this forum and the Reddit community , and the Facebook community. It’s simple, racism. People don’t like Hamilton because of his skin colour and that’s all there is to it. The FIA even rigged it last year for him to lose, Max is being gifted another championship this year by an overpowered car and it’s just not fair considering my mate who owns a Vauxhall nova has more talent in one hand than Vercrashen has in his entire body, it’s a colossal joke the guy is even in F1

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
The hate for Hamilton is real on both this forum and the Reddit community , and the Facebook community. It’s simple, racism. People don’t like Hamilton because of his skin colour and that’s all there is to it. The FIA even rigged it last year for him to lose, Max is being gifted another championship this year by an overpowered car and it’s just not fair considering my mate who owns a Vauxhall nova has more talent in one hand than Vercrashen has in his entire body, it’s a colossal joke the guy is even in F1
I’m no Max fan, but I don’t think you can deny he’s got talent. Yes he is in the best car, but the best drivers often are.
Hoping that Mercedes’ can narrow the gap do at least 2023 is a contest. This year’s title race is done.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

Please don’t ruin this thread. It’s been a great place to discuss F1 and so unlike many of the forums and comments sections all over the internet with childish remarks. We discuss here every season and have done for many years and it’s mostly been pleasant, let’s not change it.

DD88

Suspended
Jun 6, 2022
75C26B70-4E0C-4DB3-9BFB-445FEC6B784C.jpeg

I do have to admit I was howling at the footage of Hamilton walking away and the cameraman just stopped 😂😂🤣

OldMacPro2

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2022
Um… good race, lots of enjoyable battles. Max did his job and pulled a “Lewis” style win (pre-2021).

Thought Alonso did a good job to end up fifth. Alpine will be sad to lose him.

Reactions: pachyderm

OldMacPro2

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2022
I was wondering, what happened to Ted Kravitz?

Apparently I’ve been out of the loop on the news.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Oh don't be ridiculous. Nobody made any racist comment. You are just showing yourself up with silly comments like that. And even more so by continuing with childish name calling like Vercrashen, ahem didn't Lewis crash and took him out and nearly took Alonso with him yesterday? Max has been super clean...Quite interesting considering Lewis hasn't managed to get close to him all season.

But yeah sure, to some people it is all racism...Get real as with such an interpretation and outlook in live you not likely get anywhere...

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Just looked at the Hamilton/Alonso incident and clearly Hamilton’s fault for not giving room. More of a racing incident though than a punishable offence I would say. We’ve seen many incidents like this at this corner over the years and it’s just inevitable from time to time braking after such a long straight.
He took the blame in the interview.
Glad he’s ok. He apparently had to go to the medical office to get looked at.
I wondered if he might have angered his back problems …

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021

Oh I didn't know he hurt himself. That's interesting considering how safe they make the cars. But I guess as the car slams back down the energy just goes straight through you. Hope he's ok.

I still can't get over the beautiful scenery of this track.
And the fact Williams, WILLIAMS were in the mid field! Hope this is the start of a revival for them.

Also that LeClerc speeded in the pit lane, that's such a stupid mistake easily avoided, they all know the pit lane speed is heavily monitored at every race and is the one thing they will be caught out in.

Reactions: cyb3rdud3

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Red bull needs investigating seriously , their car is rapid. Looks like they had to cheat to win last year and now cheating to win this year with a clearly illegal car. Verstappen isn’t fit enough to lace Hamilton’s boots

I wouldn't normally reply to a comment like this, but let's put some things right. The reason Max was so fast was because he had a brand new engine this race, hence he started near the back of the grid and blasted past everyone.
And secondly, actually the Ferrari is faster on some tracks and just as fast at others as the Red Bull, has been all season, it's why they can out qualify the RB's a few times, it's just Ferrari have a real talent for failing to turn that speed into a win at a race. Nothing to do with RB 'cheating'.

We were ALL hoping for a proper battle between RB and Ferrari this year after it was clear Mercedes screwed up their design, and it could easily have happened, we all had high hopes at the beginning of the season with the results we got, only Ferrari's talent at screwing it up come race day since has robbed us of that. I want Max to win, but I want him to fight for it, winning by over 10 seconds isn't a fight, it's a boring whitewash, if he has to battle and lost the championship to LeClerc I would still be happy as they would have fought for it.

Last edited:

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Oh I didn't know he hurt himself. That's interesting considering how safe they make the cars. But I guess as the car slams back down the energy just goes straight through you. Hope he's ok.

I still can't get over the beautiful scenery of this track.
And the fact Williams, WILLIAMS were in the mid field! Hope this is the start of a revival for them.

Also that LeClerc speeded in the pit lane, that's such a stupid mistake easily avoided, they all know the pit lane speed is heavily monitored at every race and is the one thing they will be caught out in.
I don’t think there was a suggestion he hurt himself physically. But the rules are that he needs to get a check up, it’s a bit silly to not get the checkup. I can understand it from him as I’m sure his mind was all over the place; but surely Angela or his wider team are there to remind him of the rules.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

Possibly, it was a hell of an impact so for sure he’ll have felt some pain in his back from that. I remember Scott Speed sitting out a race with a back injury from an impact less severe than that back in 2006. It’s never good getting airborne in a car with virtually no suspension dampening lol.

Reactions: pachyderm

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Didn’t think he’d actually do it.

I do hate it when team principles make smug remarks like that. You’d think they’d realise the shoe often flips to the other foot and these sorts of mind games come back to bite. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
Can we all take a moment to appreciate the stunning location this track is in! Beautiful scenery, now we can see it unlike last year!
I think it's my favourite, and can even made a relative dull race bearable. Silverstone and Monza also up there, but Spa just beats them for me.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Possibly, it was a hell of an impact so for sure he’ll have felt some pain in his back from that. I remember Scott Speed sitting out a race with a back injury from an impact less severe than that back in 2006. It’s never good getting airborne in a car with virtually no suspension dampening lol.
I was genuinely concerned.

That kind of jump in a car like that can't feel good when you land.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.