Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Exactly ☝️

Ferrari need to hire this lady and change the top.

View attachment 2050945

They’ve had too many chances to not mess up and they keep doing it. I guess they are consistent at least. Let’s hope they do well next weekend.

I’m looking forward to a weeks break after that one. I can do with a rest. Way too exciting.

She‘ll never leave RBR. Helmut will see to it as far as compensation. Besides, she loves her position as Chief Strategist for RBR, and her Team. 👍

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The Ferrari chassis is fast, so in theory it should do well at Monza, but if they do poorly, I could very well see it being Binotto's final race as Team Principle.

It’s fast but the Ferrari is far from the full package as we all know. Car+Driver+Strategy all need to be on top form and the only team where this is happening right now is Red Bull. I would be shocked if Max did not win at Monza to be honest and I think the best Ferrari can hope for is second as long as they or their drivers aren’t making ridiculous errors. A first corner shunt might at least make the race exciting as Monza is usually fairly dull due to it being such a fast and short circuit.

Reactions: pachyderm

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Exactly ☝️

Ferrari need to hire this lady and change the top.

View attachment 2050945

They’ve had too many chances to not mess up and they keep doing it. I guess they are consistent at least. Let’s hope they do well next weekend.

I’m looking forward to a weeks break after that one. I can do with a rest. Way too exciting.

Not on your love lol, she can stay put. But they don’t need her to tell the mechanics not to forget the new wheel…

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
It’s fast but the Ferrari is far from the full package as we all know. Car+Driver+Strategy all need to be on top form and the only team where this is happening right now is Red Bull. I would be shocked if Max did not win at Monza to be honest and I think the best Ferrari can hope for is second as long as they or their drivers aren’t making ridiculous errors. A first corner shunt might at least make the race exciting as Monza is usually fairly dull due to it being such a fast and short circuit.
By about 30 + seconds I'd guess... barring any unforeseen DNFs etc etc ... And that goes for the rest of the season.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Tsunoda: “Plan didn’t work. No safety car”

Red Bull team 2: “Box box box, let’s try again and next time park it better”

Tsunoda: “I did it guys. Took me only 2 tries to trigger the safety car and a free pitstop for Max”
So did this actually happen or not?

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Tsunoda: “Plan didn’t work. No safety car”

Red Bull team 2: “Box box box, let’s try again and next time park it better”

Tsunoda: “I did it guys. Took me only 2 tries to trigger the safety car and a free pitstop for Max”

Go back to Twitter, or r/F1 with this type of slander and fabrication. Humor or not, no place for it in this thread. It was good to see AMG release a statement calling this bull**** and for people to stop threatening Hannah.

Such filth is disgusting.

Reactions: CWallace

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
So did this actually happen or not?

As others have stated, no.

It's the combination of how weird the whole thing was, memories of Renault's shenanigans at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, Perez's spin on Saturday denying the AMGs a chance at Pole and Max winning his home Grand Prix in front of a massive crowd has brought out the Meme Trolls and the Tinfoil Hat crowd.

When one considers the FIA ejected the Renault team from Formula One (and then suspended the sentence) and banned senior members of the team for periods ranging from five years to life, to think Red Bull Racing would do the same just so Max could win his home Grand Prix is...well it's ludicrous, but then ludicrous seems to be the new normal in so many things nowadays.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

It's the combination of how weird the whole thing was, memories of Renault's shenanigans at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, Perez's spin on Saturday denying the AMGs a chance at Pole and Max winning his home Grand Prix in front of a massive crowd has brought out the Meme Trolls and the Tinfoil Hat crowd.

When one considers the FIA ejected the Renault team from Formula One (and then suspended the sentence) and banned senior members of the team for periods ranging from five years to life, to think Red Bull Racing would do the same just so Max could win his home Grand Prix is...well it's ludicrous, but then ludicrous seems to be the new normal in so many things nowadays.
Only at Ferrari pit stops. They are the most ludicrous of any team!

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

The timing of the 2 incidents made it seem entirely plausible that Red Bull could have planned it to their advantage even if we all know it’s not what happened at all. I thought it was amusing to see the memes pop up but humour was all it was. A bit like the photoshops of Verstappen in a pool on holiday sporting a Michael Masi tattoo lol. We are in that age now where jokes and memes can be created in minutes and social media enables users to distribute these gags quickly and effectively. Makes you wonder what it would have been like if this technology age was around in the more controversial seasons in the 80’s and 90’s.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
It has been identified that Lewis had his engine in the wrong mode on the restart after the Safety Car which resulted in the engine not making as much power and making Max's pass that much easier at the restart. That said, Max was going to get past Lewis soon enough, regardless, so in the end it would not have made much of a difference if Lewis had been in the correct engine mode.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Helmut Marko told SpeedCity Broadcasting on SiriusXM that if the FIA is willing to grant Colton Herta an exception so he can get an F1 Super License, he has a seat waiting for him at AlphaTauri for 2023. Herta has 32 points and officially needs 40, however the FIA has discretion to make exceptions and can use COVID force majure rules that would get Herta to 40.

Andretti Motorsport's contract with Herta is said to have a release clause if Herta lands an F1 drive and McLaren are believed to have waived their option on his services in F1 now that Piastri has been signed.

OldMacPro2

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2022
Would be interesting to see how Herta does at AT. Red Bull putting American drivers in F1 has never produced anything exceptional, but I am sure Liberty Media would love it,

Reflecting back on this season, and last season, I really am starting to feel bad for Charles LeClerc.

Like so many other drivers (Alonso, Vettel, even Raikkonen) the top seat at Ferrari never seems to amount to much in the end.

Certainly they all have never had a package that really showcased their best talents (except Kimi in his one great season at Ferrari).

On the other hand, they do get a sweet factory-provided car to drive home. And probably some good Italian food at the races.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Would be interesting to see how Herta does at AT. Red Bull putting American drivers in F1 has never produced anything exceptional, but I am sure Liberty Media would love it,

Reflecting back on this season, and last season, I really am starting to feel bad for Charles LeClerc.

Like so many other drivers (Alonso, Vettel, even Raikkonen) the top seat at Ferrari never seems to amount to much in the end.

Certainly they all have never had a package that really showcased their best talents (except Kimi in his one great season at Ferrari).

On the other hand, they do get a sweet factory-provided car to drive home. And probably some good Italian food at the races.
I think the wages are probably some compensation as well!

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Shedload of grid penalties for component swaps this weekend.

Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez, Carlos Sainz, Lewis Hamilton and Yuki Tsunoda so far. Looks like Max loses 5 places, Perez loses 10 and the rest will start from the back.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Shedload of grid penalties for component swaps this weekend.

Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez, Carlos Sainz, Lewis Hamilton and Yuki Tsunoda so far. Looks like Max loses 5 places, Perez loses 10 and the rest will start from the back.
That’s also close to where Lewis will finish. Be lucky to get into the points with that dog of a motor.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
What is interesting is that if AMG throws all their weight behind George (so he gets all the new parts first and preferred pit and race strategy), he could pass LeClerc and Perez and end up 2nd in the WDC and, by extension, could probably take Ferrari for 2nd in the WCC by season's end as George and AMG are both only 30 points behind in the WDC and WCC, respectively.

Reactions: Glideslope

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
What is interesting is that if AMG throws all their weight behind George (so he gets all the new parts first and preferred pit and race strategy), he could pass LeClerc and Perez and end up 2nd in the WDC and, by extension, could probably take Ferrari for 2nd in the WCC by season's end as George and AMG are both only 30 points behind in the WDC and WCC, respectively.
Lol. Like AMG only have enough new parts for one car!

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Alvin out with appendicitis …

IMHO - Would have been pretty neat to see the Ferrari completely yellow…

So many grid penalties … looking forward to VER taking the lead back around the 11th lap tomorrow

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Yeah almost half the field is taking penalties (9 of 20).

Nice to see LEC on pole on actual pace and not due to penalties or tows. Presuming Ferrari doesn't stuff it up (yeah, I know), I think he can keep Max behind him as Max did not look his usual unconquerable self.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.