Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I wonder if Ricciardo would even want to go to Williams. Haas has evidently put out feelers to RIC to replace Schumacher, so if Mick has enough sponsorship money, Williams might be willing to take a chance (plus having a Schumacher in a Mercedes again might make them willing to help out).

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I wonder if Ricciardo would even want to go to Williams. Haas has evidently put out feelers to RIC to replace Schumacher, so if Mick has enough sponsorship money, Williams might be willing to take a chance (plus having a Schumacher in a Mercedes again might make them willing to help out).
God no.

Mick needs to be done with F1

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
An unfortunate casualty of Latifi news….

044704bf96a74ec023ef182a06a4c172.jpg

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Shame. Hope channel four continues to show the highlights.

It’s not like I have time to watch live races in recent years but it would be nice to be able to record the full race to watch. The C4 highlights are decent though and have a better presenting team so I suppose we can’t complain too much. It’s annoying when some races have the highlights at 11pm though. I don’t watch those ones I have to admit.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
First half of Singapore FP3 was washed out due to torrential rains.

In other news, Red Bull and Aston Martin are rumored to have exceeded the F1 Budget Cap for 2021, though both teams are vociferously denying it.

https://racingnews365.com/analysis-is-there-any-substance-to-the-current-cost-cap-controversy

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Qualifying starting with dry skies and a wet track.

And the FIA has hauled Lewis in for a talk about his nose piercing again. :rolleyes:

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Exciting P3.

Max was ragged with his final lap so was not going to make pole, but could have finished higher in the order if he not had to abort and box to ensure he had the minimum fuel load for testing so he ends up 8th. He was not happy. :p

Reactions: Digger148

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
I just heard in the radio that Sky have secured the rights to live races until 2029. No chance of F1 reaching the popularity it saw in the UK pre 2011 sadly but at least the shareholders get their money.

Typical and disgraceful, we have now cancelled Sky Sports so I shall continue with my VPN and F1 TV app to watch it. As they say in F1 cash is king but at least mine isn't going to Sky now.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
If Max and RB win this weekend the whole championship. Ferrari should hold their heads in deep shame, they have the faster car at some points, only the odd reliability issue, but made the most monumental screw ups in strategy and pit stops consistently. It will be no one else‘s fault but their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: pachyderm

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Most exciting Qualifying of the season so far IMO. Even with less than optimal track conditions Q3 was exciting. Interesting how little fuel RBR was running in Max's car as he had to abandon the last lap for the fuel sample. Cutting it too close IMO.

Was fun watching Lewis and Fernando go back and forth like the old, old, days. Should be fun tomorrow.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

In other news, Red Bull and Aston Martin are rumored to have exceeded the F1 Budget Cap for 2021, though both teams are vociferously denying it.

https://racingnews365.com/analysis-is-there-any-substance-to-the-current-cost-cap-controversy
Points deduction for 2021 would be the perfect punishment if they have. But I suspect it will come to nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: pachyderm

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Points deduction for 2021 would be the perfect punishment if they have. But I suspect it will come to nothing.

The problem is if it goes unpunished, then it’s not actually a rule. I’m not expecting the result of 2021 to be changed, nor would I want that, but if Red Bull and Aston Martin have exceeded the cost cap, I’d like to see them discredited. It is cheating after all.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021

The blame game continues, that report seems to suggest it’s Mercedes and Ferrari complaining about this, Ferrari stating it’s why they developed so fast this year, I’m afraid money isn‘t going to fix Ferrari’s pit crew ‘forgetting‘ the spare wheel, or their disastrous strategy calls. and it won’t fix Mercedes flawed car design or change the 2021 result either, still they fined Williams for not handing their budget reports in on time, so I expect a fine on RB IF it is proven to be true they breached the rules.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The blame game continues, that report seems to suggest it’s Mercedes and Ferrari complaining about this, Ferrari stating it’s why they developed so fast this year, I’m afraid money isn‘t going to fix Ferrari’s pit crew ‘forgetting‘ the spare wheel, or their disastrous strategy calls. and it won’t fix Mercedes flawed car design or change the 2021 result either, still they fined Williams for not handing their budget reports in on time, so I expect a fine on RB IF it is proven to be true they breached the rules.

It doesn’t really matter who complains about it if the investigation proves to be that two teams exceeded the cost cap. It’s a competitive sport so I’m always amazed when fans complain about teams pointing fingers at each other. Red Bull do it like every other team and it’s part of the competition. Any team be it Haas, Mercedes, Alpine who go above their applied budget is cheating. It needs to be punished whoever does it, otherwise it’s not a rule any team should follow.

Reactions: ericwn and Pezimak

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
It doesn’t really matter who complains about it if the investigation proves to be that two teams exceeded the cost cap. It’s a competitive sport so I’m always amazed when fans complain about teams pointing fingers at each other. Red Bull do it like every other team and it’s part of the competition. Any team be it Haas, Mercedes, Alpine who go above their applied budget is cheating. It needs to be punished whoever does it, otherwise it’s not a rule any team should follow.

Of course it's finger pointing, it always is with Toto just like anyone else, it's not just the official complaint that's made, but the way Toto goes on about it publicly in interviews as he has done it seems this week. Like anyone else would. Gets boring.
It's also mental games to try and throw your opponent off. Yes they all do it though.

Doubt anything will come of it. Mercedes don't have a clue about RB's finances at the end of the day so as the audits report hasn't been published yet so it's pure speculation. If they have breached it I'd imagine it'll just result in a fine, not the result of last year changing as I'm sure Toto would like.

I just laugh at Ferrari complaining too, they need to concentrate on other things like racing strategy so we can be entertained as fans.
I don't think Brawn counted on Ferraris lack of strategy skills or Mercedes car design when he made his rule changes... the mid field has certainly proved they've worked.

Anyway it's another boring season. Singapore race is on my bucket list. One day I'll go, don't know why it's this race but I think it's because I'd love to visit the city one day.

Also brave to see Albon back already! That's a quick recovery.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
I AM more annoyed at Sky being awarded exclusivity again for the coverage. Putting it behind a VERY expensive contract locked paywall for several more years. 🤬😡😤😠

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Of course it's finger pointing, it always is with Toto just like anyone else, it's not just the official complaint that's made, but the way Toto goes on about it publicly in interviews as he has done it seems this week. Like anyone else would. Gets boring.
It's also mental games to try and throw your opponent off. Yes they all do it though.

Doubt anything will come of it. Mercedes don't have a clue about RB's finances at the end of the day so as the audits report hasn't been published yet so it's pure speculation. If they have breached it I'd imagine it'll just result in a fine, not the result of last year changing as I'm sure Toto would like.

I just laugh at Ferrari complaining too, they need to concentrate on other things like racing strategy so we can be entertained as fans.
I don't think Brawn counted on Ferraris lack of strategy skills or Mercedes car design when he made his rule changes... the mid field has certainly proved they've worked.

Anyway it's another boring season. Singapore race is on my bucket list. One day I'll go, don't know why it's this race but I think it's because I'd love to visit the city one day.

Also brave to see Albon back already! That's a quick recovery.

Horner is just as bad. In situations like this we tend to condemn those we don’t like as much and excuse the favourites and I’m guilty of this as much as you.

Reactions: Pezimak
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.