Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
And the FIA has hauled Lewis in for a talk about his nose piercing again. :rolleyes:

So the official ruling is that the Stewards accepted Lewis' explanation that he kept the piercing in on the advice of his physician (to prevent a reoccurrence of a previous infection), but handed the Mercedes team a €25,000 fine for submitting a scrutineering form that declared Hamilton was not wearing jewelry.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
So the official ruling is that the Stewards accepted Lewis' explanation that he kept the piercing in on the advice of his physician (to prevent a reoccurrence of a previous infection), but handed the Mercedes team a €25,000 fine for submitting a scrutineering form that declared Hamilton was not wearing jewelry.

By the sounds of it the FIA’s rule about metal near the body fell apart when Lewis pointed out the zips on their Nomex race suits are made of metal, along with the chin buckle on the helmets and wires linking them to the car.

Reactions: pachyderm

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Red Bull’s audit report will come out on Monday, and if the report finds no breach of rules, Red Bull are ‘seriously’ considering taking legal action against Mercedes and possibly Ferrari for false accusations.

Their is also this story, which carries some truth to it I‘ve been told, it is not good for F1 to start smear campaigns by FIA insiders batting for the other teams.

Will be interesting to see what happens on Monday.

Reactions: cyb3rdud3

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Red Bull’s audit report will come out on Monday, and if the report finds no breach of rules, Red Bull are ‘seriously’ considering taking legal action against Mercedes and possibly Ferrari for false accusations.

Their is also this story, which carries some truth to it I‘ve been told, it is not good for F1 to start smear campaigns by FIA insiders batting for the other teams.

I think if Red Bull take legal action against other teams for asking leading questions in the press, it’ll be the end of personnel within F1 giving opinions on other teams. Horner needs to review all his comments for the past 15 years due to counter lawsuits too. Those in glass houses they say.

Reactions: Apple fanboy

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
I think if Red Bull take legal action against other teams for asking leading questions in the press, it’ll be the end of personnel within F1 giving opinions on other teams. Horner needs to review all his comments for the past 15 years due to counter lawsuits too. Those in glass houses they say.
If you look into this story you’ll see it’s very different to before.

Reactions: cyb3rdud3

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
So with Porsche now out of the picture, RBR and Honda have strengthened their existing ties and will support each other through the end of the 2025 season (as the new engine rules take effect in 2026).

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Japan FP1 and FP2 very damp so not much to show in terms of times, but looks like it could very well be a wet race based on the forecast.

Mick binned his HAAS on the in-lap at the end of FP1 so nice to see him helping to create an open seat on the team for someone else. :p

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Japan FP1 and FP2 very damp so not much to show in terms of times, but looks like it could very well be a wet race based on the forecast.

Mick binned his HAAS on the in-lap at the end of FP1 so nice to see him helping to create an open seat on the team for someone else. :p
Can't wait for him to be bounced out of F1 ...

Probably won't happen for a while though, will it?

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Sounds like the price cap rule violation was a storm in a teacup. No major infringements or penalties.
Strictly speaking we don't know yet, only the FIA knows for certain, and the teams with have their own individual view....

I agree, a potentially very very serious matter if someone inside the FIA is leaking information, rumours etc No matter how small or vague or detailed, that is potentially a very serious matter with severe consequences. And requires full investigation.

It feels to me more like a smear campaign to redirect media attention...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pezimak

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Interesting news I thought. Is Gasly bound for Alpine as many of us predicted? I think that is the only option at this point.

e69e28b5e06ff701800355a54ee555b1.jpg

• Love

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Sounds like the price cap rule violation was a storm in a teacup. No major infringements or penalties.

The rumours at the moment suggest Aston Martin exceeded the cap by £4m and Red Bull £12m, but with clever accounting the money can be linked with power train development which was outside of the cost cap apparently. I’m sure we’ll find out the real story very soon.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
The rumours at the moment suggest Aston Martin exceeded the cap by £4m and Red Bull £12m, but with clever accounting the money can be linked with power train development which was outside of the cost cap apparently. I’m sure we’ll find out the real story very soon.
How about when the actual reports get published opposed to feeding repeating rumours that shouldn’t be there in the first place.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
So with Porsche now out of the picture, RBR and Honda have strengthened their existing ties and will support each other through the end of the 2025 season (as the new engine rules take effect in 2026).

RB were in talks with Audi and we’re going for an engine deal, but apparently Audi wanted half of Red Bull too and not just the F1 team, so naturally they told Audi where to go. Hence the move back to Honda, although RB are deep in development of their own engine built at their plant in Milton Keynes.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
RB were in talks with Audi and we’re going for an engine deal, but apparently Audi wanted half of Red Bull too and not just the F1 team, so naturally they told Audi where to go. Hence the move back to Honda, although RB are deep in development of their own engine built at their plant in Milton Keynes.
And they are on a big recruitment drive; not just engines but also gearboxes etc...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
:) I was up and watching this morning with the family. It is all very close. Could be anyones races tomorrow...
Due to rain. So that will suit Max. If it’s dry that will suit Max.
Ferrari will put new slicks on the lap before it starts to rain.
Latifi will find something to drive into.
Alonso v Hamilton at the start could be fun!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.