Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Toto quoted this morning that there will be no points reduction for RBR and Wind Tunnel Reduction Times for 2023 will be the penalty.

Will be interesting to see how accurate this is given his close relationship with the FIA.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Christian is certainly going for maximum outrage again when his team are in the spotlight in a less positive sense. This time a suggestion the requests for a thorough financial investigation has affected the mental health of employees within the Red Bill workforce. Interesting defence I think and unsurprising too.

5251b8b4b488a6e5eebcb6c3f8836690.jpg

I definitely think Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren who have been the most vocal best make sure their records are in order in future as they need to face the same punishment as Red Bull, whatever that may be, should they exceed the cost cap.

Reactions: Glideslope

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
Christian: we didn't cheat
Christian: we were over by not as much as people said
Christian: we didn't cheat

He's going through the narcissist playbook at the moment.

Claiming being held accountable against the rules has a negative affect on your employee mental health is grade a ********.

Reactions: PlayUltimate

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Toto quoted this morning that there will be no points reduction for RBR and Wind Tunnel Reduction Times for 2023 will be the penalty.

Will be interesting to see how accurate this is given his close relationship with the FIA.

It's honestly about the only penalty that would actually be felt by RBR considering how far ahead of Ferrari they finished in terms of WCC points in 2021.

And if the actual reason the FIA believes RBR is in breach of the cost cap is due to them believing Newey's compensation is subject to the cap, then RBR is at risk of being found in breach of the 2022 cost cap, as well, since they would have spent this year under the same assumption as 2021 that Newey's compensation was exempt. So I can understand why RBR is going to the wall over this. I wonder if the ABA includes language that addresses this for 2021 (and 2022) and gives RBR clear guidelines for 2023.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
It's honestly about the only penalty that would actually be felt by RBR considering how far ahead of Ferrari they finished in terms of WCC points in 2021.

And if the actual reason the FIA believes RBR is in breach of the cost cap is due to them believing Newey's compensation is subject to the cap, then RBR is at risk of being found in breach of the 2022 cost cap, as well, since they would have spent this year under the same assumption as 2021 that Newey's compensation was exempt. So I can understand why RBR is going to the wall over this. I wonder if the ABA includes language that addresses this for 2021 (and 2022) and gives RBR clear guidelines for 2023.

Agreed. Well said. All I want is a Hybrid Era WCC for Honda. I doubt any of the overage is in the PU development. The straight line speed of the BR18 all season has been Aero for the most part From my point of view.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Blimey Russel taking out Sainz and only getting 5 sec. Lewis moaning on the radio after Max showed him who is boss. If only he just focussed on his own driving, which really isn’t great.

Max had to work for it, but another fantastic win 👏

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Blimey Russel taking out Sainz and only getting 5 sec. Lewis moaning on the radio after Max showed him who is boss. If only he just focussed on his own driving, which really isn’t great.

Max had to work for it, but another fantastic win 👏

George was too hot going in, but it fairness to him Carlos hesitated before he turned hard back in front of George. Was racing into Turn 1 at COTA IMO.

Zest28

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2022
Anyone noticed that the Mercedes with DRS open is as fast on the straight as the Red Bull without DRS? That Red Bull is a rocket ship.

I don't think the wind tunnel testing penalty will impact Red Bull that much as they have Adrian Newey, the greatest car designer of all time, and the most powerful engine on the grid.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Another 2 hours until the highlights here but sounds like a good race so may look this up later in the week. Cool to see Lewis up there on the podium in what has been a frustrating year. Nice to see Magnussen in the points and far in front of his teammate too.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
George was too hot going in, but it fairness to him Carlos hesitated before he turned hard back in front of George. Was racing into Turn 1 at COTA IMO.
Yes totally overdid it, way too hot. Trying to get in front of Lewis and just as good as straight into Carlos. Sure he hesitated a little but there was no way after the lockup George could turn left. He was very lucky with a 5s penalty whilst taking another racer out.
Another 2 hours until the highlights here but sounds like a good race so may look this up later in the week. Cool to see Lewis up there on the podium in what has been a frustrating year. Nice to see Magnussen in the points and far in front of his teammate too.
Lewis was a lucky boy with his team mate eliminating Carlos, two safety cars helping him to get back close to Max repeatedly, Red Bull pit team causing a 11s pit stop for Max, and then still Max recovered and over took him and cleared over 4 seconds before finishing...Lewis was very lucky to be on the podium...

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.

It was exciting with 15 to go. Max really wasn't gaining on Lewis. Then with 10 to go all of a sudden Max engaged Warp Drive.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
They do have a habit of abandoning the sport just as they are finding that development sweet spot. I suppose this time they’ve shown some loyalty, unlike the end of 2008.

Fair point. 2008 was abrupt. Economics played a large role. As it is this time as well. They are still Contractors with RBPT thru 2025. PU performance in 2026 is anyones guess at this point. The new Fuel for 2026 will be a huge challenge for PU Manufactures.

I'm confident they can maintain until 2025. It's basically Honda's F1 program still just being paid by RBPT as Consultants.

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Eddie Cue probably had to drag him to the race. :p

So, what do you think? Eddie up in the booth drinking with F1 and the FIA, (maybe not unusual for a BOD Member at Ferrari) Timmy trying to do something with the a flag at the finish, and Brad Pitt rubbing elbows mostly in the Mercedes Camp with his "rumored" F1 Media Project in the works.

Apple TV+ Production?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
It was worth staying up for. Great race. Lots of overtaking. Shame Lewis didn’t have a few more MPH. He did give it his all.

Reactions: Pezimak
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.