Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Sky F1 didn’t make social media more toxic, the actual event did and has been debated daily on social media ever since. I’m really sorry Red Bull don’t like to be discredited for being gifted a victory that won Max a WDC but that’s exactly what it is and it’s not just direct fans who have that opinion. I don’t watch Sky and can’t stand Ted Kravitz, but I’m sure he sees it no differently to any other F1 fan who isn’t a Verstappen worshipper. The truth hurts and it’ll always be hanging over the 2021 season. Max, Christian and Helmut need to accept that. Michael was always reminded of the way he won his first championship and it followed him his whole career whether the regularity of its mention became less often or not.
a) That wasn't what he said...
b) It isn't the truth.
c) It isn't any other F1 fan at all; it is a relatively small but loud sections predominantly from the UK and a few others who seem to be only in it Lewis and really don't understand racing, nor much else it seems.

The receptions Max gets when you go to an actual race from the audiences around the world, the camaraderie he has got from the other drivers on the grid, the enjoyment and the chatter in the cool down room. It is all there for those who want to see it.

Beside, more importantly, both Max and Checo are amazing f1 drivers. What they and the team have done is a super accomplishment.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Happy for Kevin Magnussen. Fairytale stuff this. He should give big hugs to George Russell lol.
Yes it was brilliant to watch. Not only thank George for getting his car beached after it was save (muppet), but great his team got him out there first and he drove a great lap. Happy for him and the whole team.

Reactions: pachyderm and Sal09

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Well done Kevin. Haas made the right decision at the right time.
Yes he was lucky with George having his moment, but he took his opportunity. Sadly I expect him to go backwards in the sprint.
Ferrari yet again make the wrong calls. They just need to sort it out. They had a real shout at the title this year, but it’s just been one to forget again.

Reactions: pachyderm

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Well done Kevin. Haas made the right decision at the right time.
Yes he was lucky with George having his moment, but he took his opportunity. Sadly I expect him to go backwards in the sprint.
Hehehe it would be fun, but I don't anyone seriously thinks he'll finish in the top 10...

BTW Lando was on fire as well. And there is quite a bit at stake between them and Alpine. Shame Daniel was nowhere to be seen and I think that is going to cost McLaren dearly....
Ferrari yet again make the wrong calls. They just need to sort it out. They had a real shout at the title this year, but it’s just been one to forget again.
It is just so ridiculous, the decisions they make or should I say don't make. The faffing about in the pit lane. I hoped they were a real contender this year and give some awesome three team action. But they'll loose from Mercedes. It seems they just can't work together. Such a waste of what is a great car, but it just shows everything needs to come together. It is not about just element, and just having a great car isn't enough.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
So now we know why Max and RBR team members were not part of Sky's coverage of the Mexican Grand Prix - the team banned access to them after Ted Kravitz made multiple comments during his coverage at the USGP of Lewis being robbed of his 8th title at Abu Dhabi by Max. They did allow Sky to talk to Perez since it was his home GP and they will review their ban prior to the Brazilian and Abu Dhabi Grands Prix.

Now, before the pitchforks come out, Max noted that the comments have made an already toxic F1 social media environment that much more and Lewis agreed.

Personally, I am 100% in agreement. The FIA, F1 and the the teams have embraced social media in the post-Bernie era (he more or less forbid it where he could and strongly discouraged it where he could not) and while it has brought more fans around the world (especially outside of the traditional European markets) it has also brought more dissonance and disrespect.

Sky and Netflix busy feeding those online trolls, stirring up drama to get their money. Some on here are also affected by this I’d say.
Good for Red Bull, block them access and people will turn to other channels, about time someone put these extremely over opinionated presenters in there place.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
……. and this goes until 2029. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Not for me it won’t… I hope one day Ted falls on his ass as he walks backwards through the pits with his ‘notebook’. Hope he falls over a tyre live on air. More interesting then what he says on F1.

• Haha
Reactions: cyb3rdud3

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Not for me it won’t… I hope one day Ted falls on his ass as he walks backwards through the pits with his ‘notebook’. Hope he falls over a tyre live on air. More interesting then what he says on F1.
Oh his notebook section from yesterdays qualifying was super annoying. The guy and his camera person are all over the place. His 'interview' with Luna Christofi was so rude as well, he didn't even look at her when she was replying and only when his is waffling on he tries to make eye contact. There must be some fans of him as I really don't get why they keep that guy...

Nice to see Naomi and Damon being part of the Sky reporting in Brazil, so much more balanced commentary.

Reactions: Pezimak

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Sky and Netflix busy feeding those online trolls, stirring up drama to get their money. Some on here are also affected by this I’d say.
Good for Red Bull, block them access and people will turn to other channels, about time someone put these extremely over opinionated presenters in there place.

I think Red Bull used the boycott against Sky as a bit of a PR masterstroke. It enables them to avoid the one outlet grilling them over the cost cap at a time when it was fresh news. Ignoring them for one race has sent a message to other outlets and Sky that it’s a touchy subject and I bet the hope is this action will prevent any further questioning.

I do dislike Ted Kravitz though and have done since he left the BBC where I think he was less cocky and didn’t think of himself as hilarious. I think a new generation are realising he’s a bit of a moron along with Martin Bumble.

Reactions: Glideslope

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
My gosh the music is terrible in Brasil. I wasn’t expecting the Beatles nor chubby checkers. Come on Brasil show your flair and use a not so pitchy sound system. The Beatles 🤮

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Just finished Friday Qualifying and now on to the Sprint.

Man what a tough year to be a Ferrari fan with The Three Stooges running the pit wall.

And well done George to save it out of the gravel trap and then promptly stuff it back in. :D

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Does bode well for AMG tomorrow.
Not just tomorrow, Mercedes seem to have finally found some pace and magically resolved their purposing...

We'll have to see tomorrow, Max was as good as alone on the Medium tyres and got more degradation on those than those on the softs. I wouldn't count the chickens first, and now of course also has some more fresh softs. Strategy will be very important today...

Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
dammit.

Come on Daniel.

So why did Sainz not start 2nd? Grid penalty?

And dammit Daniel, RUS got a great start and was about to check out!

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
VER 5 second pen...

Nice. He did look like he could have used/deserved a bit more room but I don't care because I'm ready for a different winner...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.