Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
I also think the FIA should be looking closely at some of the interviews he did after the race. In one that I saw he makes a rather incriminating comment. ‘As I approached Lewis I could see he wasn’t going to give me space and I wasn’t going to pull out so I knew there would be contact’…. He admitted to deliberately causing a collision which I think needs to be investigated. He believes he can force other drivers out of the way and I have no idea how he thinks he has earned the right to demand this? Max reminds me of a rougher version of Michael Schumacher with his ruthless driving but is devoid of the cool and calm demeanour. He’s a wonderful talent but has a poor attitude at times.
And his comment being "I stopped him (Lewis) from winning and only got 5 seconds". Says it all.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
And his comment being "I stopped him (Lewis) from winning and only got 5 seconds". Says it all.

Yeah that’s also a comment that was concerning and rather childish I thought. He seemed to gloat that he’d cost Lewis the win and his own race was unaffected by the penalty because he was slow all weekend anyway by his own admission. I think he’s damaged his reputation in the short term as I’m even seeing people on his side struggling to defend his attitude, especially after what he did to Perez later in the race. Red Bull before the weekend we’re condemning abuse Max has been getting in social media recently and now their PR department must have palms of their hands firmly joined to their foreheads after his post race interviews.

I think the F1 social media circus would explode if Hamilton had hinted to deliberately making contact with Max, but then he’s never been a driver to do that sort of thing.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
He might get the reserve driver for Mercedes from what Toto said today.

It’s official that Mick is leaving HAAS today.

I don’t really understand why when they’ve the chance of Danny Ric. Yes he’s had a torrid time but I don’t believe that permanent. I guess he’s German for a supposedly (not at all) German team.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I don’t really understand why when they’ve the chance of Danny Ric. Yes he’s had a torrid time but I don’t believe that permanent. I guess he’s German for a supposedly (not at all) German team.

I think it would be more of the ‘Schumacher’ name rather than his nationality. The team is essentially a British outfit with German money and branding and acts as a valuable marketing tool. I remember it being said somewhere a few years ago that Lewis Hamilton is hugely valuable for Mercedes marketing, whereas a blonde German lad doesn’t sell you cars in North America.

Reactions: laptech

Zest28

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2022
I believe Schumacher deserves an other shot, it is not easy to drive a bad car.

I would like see Schumacher in a Ferrari after LeClerc goes crazy and quits (which is totally justified as Ferrari are big screw ups).

Schumacher his pre-F1 career shows that he has talent.

Zest28

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2022
So Max is basically saying he doesn't want Perez to become 2nd in the championship for whatever reason and Red Bull is fine with it?

Poor Checo.

I hope Mercedes can give Lewis a good car next season and when Max needs Checo his help, Checo will get his revenge by not helping him.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA

I would like see Schumacher in a Ferrari after LeClerc goes crazy and quits (which is totally justified as Ferrari are big screw ups).

So he swaps a bad car for a bad team. Not sure that's a recipe for success. :p

I hope Mercedes can give Lewis a good car next season and when Max needs Checo his help, Checo will get his revenge by not helping him.

That's a pretty good way for Perez to see his contract not renewed by RBR.

Reactions: Glideslope

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
I think it would be more of the ‘Schumacher’ name rather than his nationality. The team is essentially a British outfit with German money and branding and acts as a valuable marketing tool. I remember it being said somewhere a few years ago that Lewis Hamilton is hugely valuable for Mercedes marketing, whereas a blonde German lad doesn’t sell you cars in North America.

I believe the ownership is split in 3rds between Merc, Wolf and Ineos so even that’s not that German.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017

Schumacher his pre-F1 career shows that he has talent.

Based on what thought? Russell earned the name Mr Saturday in an even worse Williams. Schumacher hasn’t been close to his teammate this year and he’s not regarded as anything more than an ok F1 driver.

Zest28

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2022
Based on what thought? Russell earned the name Mr Saturday in an even worse Williams. Schumacher hasn’t been close to his teammate this year and he’s not regarded as anything more than an ok F1 driver.

Because of the name Schumacher. Not saying he is WDC material but he could be a #2 driver like Checo.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I think a major reason Mick has been dropped is the repair bills he is costing Haas. They are a small team and can’t absorb it on a budget that is much smaller than the big teams. In 2021 he cost the team more than Mazepin even though the latter was notorious for spinning off the circuit. Haas need solid consistent results as the car has proven to be capable of getting into the top 10 on occasion.

Reactions: Glideslope

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
I think a major reason Mick has been dropped is the repair bills he is costing Haas. They are a small team and can’t absorb it on a budget that is much smaller than the big teams. In 2021 he cost the team more than Mazepin even though the latter was notorious for spinning off the circuit. Haas need solid consistent results as the car has proven to be capable of getting into the top 10 on occasion.
I agree. KMag has proven the value of an experienced driver for their car at this moment. I hope Mick gets another shot, because he deserves it. He’s a slow burn to get up to speed, but a Slow burn is not good for the career. Latiffi is out for the same reason. Just couldn’t get the hang of the car.

Maybe they need to fix these stupid handling cars. Mick, Latiffi, DR3 all out for the same reason.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
The red bull statement is absolutely laughable and just them trying to deflect by acting the victim.
I just want to see Max standing next to Horner saying “I’m the team principle now” in a Somalian accent.

• Haha
Reactions: fridayxiii

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The red bull statement is absolutely laughable and just them trying to deflect by acting the victim.
I just want to see Max standing next to Horner saying “I’m the team principle now” in a Somalian accent.

It’s pure PR trying to take the pressure off their driver after he acted like a child. It’s funny how they focus on ‘threats’ as a deflection to his behaviour both on the track and off it. They’ve got an overwhelming amount of flack on social media and rightly so, but it feels rather typical that they’ve focused on the more negative aspects. Reminds me of Horners exaggerated victim claiming after Silverstone last year where he tried to make out Hamilton had celebrated his victory not knowing if Verstappen was dead or not. That’s Red Bull, they know the politics game.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
It’s pure PR trying to take the pressure off their driver after he acted like a child. It’s funny how they focus on ‘threats’ as a deflection to his behaviour both on the track and off it. They’ve got an overwhelming amount of flack on social media and rightly so, but it feels rather typical that they’ve focused on the more negative aspects. Reminds me of Horners exaggerated victim claiming after Silverstone last year where he tried to make out Hamilton had celebrated his victory not knowing if Verstappen was dead or not. That’s Red Bull, they know the politics game.

I also found the mention of attacking family members odd, didn’t max’s mum accuse Checco of cheating on his wife on instagram?

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Marketing is something not many F1 fans think of when it comes to driver choice in my opinion. It does not matter how good a driver is, it matters what the companies marketing department thinks and if they think they cannot market a particular driver to countries around the world, they will recommend the team not hire the driver.

And yes a driver needs to have marketable value because there is no point having a potential world class driver if that driver cannot be put on posters or TV adverts or in promotional materials because people do not like the look of him.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Marketing is something not many F1 fans think of when it comes to driver choice in my opinion. It does not matter how good a driver is, it matters what the companies marketing department thinks and if they think they cannot market a particular driver to countries around the world, they will recommend the team not hire the driver.

And yes a driver needs to have marketable value because there is no point having a potential world class driver if that driver cannot be put on posters or TV adverts or in promotional materials because people do not like the look of him.

That’s true to a certain extent and probably why Haas signed him in the first place but after two years they’ve decided it isn’t worth the cost.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
I also found the mention of attacking family members odd, didn’t max’s mum accuse Checco of cheating on his wife on instagram?

Yes. Then she deleted it. https://www.foxsports.com.au/motors...t/news-story/c0b7d65dd3ac4e683b76473a5c820c8e

It’s either a Red Bull thing or a family thing. I suspect Max fits right in with this group.
There was a lot of other abuse happening before that, also a lot of uncertainty about the authenticity of Sophie's response. But it has its own life online now and the truth doesn't matter to those who keep on reposting that kind of vile stuff...it says a lot about people who just keep on reposting fake news and their agenda...

Reactions: Pezimak

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Lot of rumours flying around that Daniel Riccardo joined Red Bull. Not sure in what capacity, but in principle I love it if its true...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.