Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ritzel

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2018
I used the camera to add the card. It recognized the bank account number. I can try it again this evening and make some notes.

The MasterCard is also recognized but declined as the bank does not support Apple Pay yet.
Ok i‘m sorry. I got the mistake. The terms and conditions are from Capital one. So Maybe my Card oder Bank Account number is the same like Card Numbers from Capital one, or am i wrong!? Docfred which coditions are shown to you?

Attachments

• 549E9CA1-E267-4C1C-8EE0-76DEE8A32686.jpeg
    549E9CA1-E267-4C1C-8EE0-76DEE8A32686.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Reactions: Alanin

nordmaler

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
Northern Germany
Isn’t it a bit strange that the bunq announcement is so late in the evening ?
Seems more timely fitting for an Pacific Time Zone announcement... lets hope

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen

I thought the same... but tbh I don't know about announcement times for last bunq updates... maybe they try to kind hype for 'private' users in the prime time and not during working hours...

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
don't think this has something to say in connection with Apple. Apple has no event today... ok, perhaps they will give out a press release.

reneHB

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2018
Bremen, Germany
Reactions: oohh

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
TBH: i dont think we will see Apple Pay via bunq for other countries than the normal Apple Pay countries...
[doublepost=1521537476][/doublepost]
Also for Spain:
https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/bunq/id1021178150?mt=8

The bunq logo is now also listed on the Apple Pay website for Spain and Italy:
https://www.apple.com/it/apple-pay/
https://www.apple.com/es/apple-pay/

Also it is interresting that the bunq app is currently not available in the appstore in Germany, Austria and the Netherlands.
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/bunq/id1021178150?mt=8

Was bunq available in Germany, Austria or the Netherlands before?!

Reactions: Tymen

Tymen

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2016
TBH: i dont think we will see Apple Pay via bunq for other countries than the normal Apple Pay countries...
[doublepost=1521537476][/doublepost]

Was bunq available in Germany, Austria or the Netherlands before?!
Yes, bunq is a Dutch bank.

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
When checking the link on German bunq website for the bunq app you are referred to the bunq slice app in German store. First they send you to the real bunq app (appID id1021178150), but in German Store you are redirected to the bunq slice app (appID id1174507594)

very interesting thing about German bunq website is, that they are suggesting that you can just download the app using the link and get a bunq account... but then you just get the bunq slice app...

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
When checking the link on German bunq website for the bunq app you are referred to the bunq slice app in German store. First they send you to the real bunq app (appID id1021178150), but in German Store you are redirected to the bunq slice app (appID id1174507594)

very interesting thing about German bunq website is, that they are suggesting that you can just download the app using the link and get a bunq account... but then you just get the bunq slice app...
So the chance, that there was the bunq app before are high ;)

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
But I still don't get the USP or the business case of bunq.

Why should I open a bank account at bunq? What do they have, what others don't? Except it's rather expensive, if you need payment cards as maestro or mastercard. 8€(?) a month... at other banks, you get the complete service package for this price.

postscriptum

Suspended
Mar 20, 2018
There was a bunq app before, I saw it a few days ago as I informed myself about bunq as soon as it became a topic in relation to Apple Pay

I use bunq for 3 Months. It is in the german app store and it seems pretty unusual that it isn’t right now.

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
They state that they will not release Apple Pay. But instead Apple would announce that themselve. BUT: bunq is listed at least for Italy and Spain to support Apple Pay... So what?!!?!

Tymen

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2016
They state that they will not release Apple Pay. But instead Apple would announce that themselve. BUT: bunq is listed at least for Italy and Spain to support Apple Pay... So what?!!?!
No, they are not saying that they won't announce Apple Pay tonight. Bunq is saying that Apple will announce if there is a new country available. So in fact; bunq isn't saying that they won't introduce it tonight, just that it is up to Apple.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
I'm not too optimistic, but what I do find interesting is the amount of banks that have added Apple Pay in the last week or are in the process of very soon (check Twitter #applepay or Google News etc.): bunq in ES/IT today, Allianz Prime (first in IT), American Express in France just hours ago, Sabadell soon in Spain, Société Générale in France very recently, the Brazilian banks are also advertising it as "soon" with appropriate screenshots.

Has anyone tried adding a bunq card yet in this thread? Has anyone tried adding their N26 cards (German ones!)?

JoshuaLuckers

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2018
Maybe Apple will announce it next week? I do think bunq will announce Apple Pay for for the country’s where it is already available.

postscriptum

Suspended
Mar 20, 2018
Strange is that postscriptum is a bunq user in Germany (?) and the German bunq app is not available atm...

That is because of the coming Update #7 today.

Screenshot of the in-App Discussion of bunq (called „together):

128AFF98-D3C6-4655-98BE-674820A24909.png

Before somwbody states that something is wrong with my time: I am not in Germany right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.