Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
i don't think we will see AP tonight for other countries - but why would they remove the app from German store, just to add it tonight and have an update in countries where AP is still available?!

a twitter user said that apple could announce it on the bunq event - so bunq wouldn't announce new countries, but apple would... but I dont think this can be true... apple wouldn't announce something like that on one banks event, I think

Last edited:

JoshuaLuckers

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2018
i don't think we will see AP tonight for other countries - but why would they remove the app from German store, just to add it tonight and have an update in countries where AP is still available?!

Bunq stated that if Apple Pay were to launch in a specific country, they would announce this themselves. That doesn't mean they will not announce Apple Pay support this evening.
It might be possible that bunq had to pull their apps from the App Store temporarily in those countries because the update notes do announce Apple Pay. Maybe Apple will announce the launch of Apple Pay in those countries today (or maybe they will announce a launch date).

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: Tymen

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
I did not speculate. I just linked a Tweet ;)

I'm not talking about you specifically ;) Everyone is just getting a tad too excited, just because a Dutch Fintech has some updates to their banking services... :D

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
So Apple Pay was released for Spain and Italy today so I guess thats all there was about Apple Pay to happen. Strange though that the app is gone now for german customers. Im chatting with bunq asking them what this is about.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
The page listing all participating banks has just been updated. No new countries, just catching up on the last bank additions and bunq has been officially added to Spain and Italy -> https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206637

EDIT: They forgot todays addition of American Express in France though, just goes to show you can't even rely on official Apple documentation ;)

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
So update on the App Store thing (I asked if the removal of the app was a bad sign for german customers and thats what bunq told me)

"Hi! not at all! We're gearing up for the update, but the app will be back this evening! We will let you know when of course."

"At this time, we're gearing up for the update so that is why the app is not available for download. Tonight it will be available once again.

To stay tuned on this, check out our live tweeting this evening.

Thanks!

Second reply on my question.

I also asked about further information relating to Apple Pay but no answer yet.

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
So, the only "interesting" thing is the time, they chose for the press event. Perhaps Apple has something in the pipeline too. But I woudn't bet on it.

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
So, the only "interesting" thing is the time, they chose for the press event. Perhaps Apple has something in the pipeline too. But I woudn't bet on it.

20:15. live tweeting in twitter video will be up tomorrow. So still some time to go for some new info or maybe iOS 11.3 release. Normally this happens at around 19.

Ritzel

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2018
Ooooh, very interesting.
Would be good to know which Region is used in the settings. Had the same Message yesterday by adding my DKB Visa (Region FR). Actually you cant add a Card in the wallet with Region Setting Germany. So nothing special or new...

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
Would be good to know which Region is used in the settings. Had the same Message yesterday by adding my DKB Visa (Region FR). Actually you cant add a Card in the wallet with Region Setting Germany. So nothing special or new...
Region is set to Spain. But seems that this message is not shown all the times.

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
Did you guys really think bunq will launch Apple Pay in Germany or Netherlands. Bunq is a very tiny bank compared to N26 850.000 customers. If N26 is not good enough for Apple why would bunq be.

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
Did you guys really think bunq will launch Apple Pay in Germany or Netherlands. Bunq is a very tiny bank compared to N26 850.000 customers. If N26 is not good enough for Apple why would bunq be.
Nope
[doublepost=1521570904][/doublepost]I am pretty interested in the reason they have took the bunq app from the German store and told ppl it would be back this evening...

Tbh the only reason I could imagine is Apple Pay, but I don’t think that Apple would work with such a small bank to get this working in that much countries instead of doing it with the local ones...

But maybe Apple got sick of the negotiations with local banks and is going to start AP with one small fintech bank being able to serve Europe ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.