Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the Apple Watch (2023)?

• Total voters

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Just wondering if you are able to use the trade-in value retroactively on the new watch or have to spend it on other apple products. My guess is no so that is why I do the trade-in first then place my order to get to spend it on the watch

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I was holding back on upgrading my Apple Watch series 5 because I was waiting for bigger a change on its design (nothing against this one but kind of tired of the same look for so many years). Early this year I was hoping for something similar to the ultra but not so big. :(
Maybe they are holding a bigger change for the 10 (or X?).

Anyway, I decided to get the series 9 anyway bc I couldn't handle another year with my series 5 lol
Excited for tomorrow 😄
I got the 45mm midnight with the sport loop band.

Congratulations! You’re still getting a big step up and I bet you’re going to love it!

Reactions: taynasoldera

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Check your order - should have shipped.
Let us know which state yours is originating from ?

View attachment 2272186

And…it just updated at UPS. Both packages, my Ultra 2 w/ Olive Alpine Band (Large) and Orange Ocean Band, are coming from Ontario. Everything’s looking good for an on-time delivery tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing out the SoCal warehouse…that was helpful!

Reactions: jz0309

Cirlonde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
Just wondering if you are able to use the trade-in value retroactively on the new watch or have to spend it on other apple products. My guess is no so that is why I do the trade-in first then place my order to get to spend it on the watch
Not an expert, but we did a trade-in of my husband's phone on a new 13 mini earlier this year. We were charged full price up front, and then once they received the trade-in, the value was credited back to our original payment method.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Not sure what exactly you’re asking, you can add a trade in as part of the purchasing process, if you have an Apple Card, your trade in can be applied immediately when you chose 12 0% months payment, or, if you pay in full, you’ll get the trade I. Value after you send it in

Reactions: urbZZ

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
And…it just updated at UPS. Both packages, my Ultra 2 w/ Olive Alpine Band (Large) and Orange Ocean Band, are coming from Ontario. Everything’s looking good for an on-time delivery tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing out the SoCal warehouse…that was helpful!
Same here, Ontario, just that the shipment does not show in the UPS app despite the tracking info… but, I’ll survive ;)

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Anyone based in the UAE, Amazon have Ultra 2’s and some S9 available for order and delivery on Saturday to Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

clabern

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2013
Virginia
Ordered AWU2 right after announcement when store opened and have delivery date of the 22nd (still shows tomorrow), but still no shipping and nothing in UPS MyChoice (my iPhone 15 Pro Max had shown up in MyChoice a while ago leaving China, and as of this AM was marked shipped on Apple Store).

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2012
Quick question: my AW Ultra 2 is being delivered by UPS to my house tomorrow "by 7:00p." Luckily, it does not require signature. However, I'm curious if anyone has had success with changing UPS delivery to pick up, and if so how early are items available to pick up?

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
Same here, Ontario, just that the shipment does not show in the UPS app despite the tracking info… but, I’ll survive ;)
Same for me. my UW2 and 15+ both coming from Ontario, CA to Oregon. Both don't show up in MyChoice on their own. Apple Store shows correct delivery address but they don't show up in UPS app in "To Me".

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
Quick question: my AW Ultra 2 is being delivered by UPS to my house tomorrow "by 7:00p." Luckily, it does not require signature. However, I'm curious if anyone has had success with changing UPS delivery to pick up, and if so how early are items available to pick up?
I talked to an apple rep and he / she was ready to make change for UPS pickup but added a risk that it might delay 1-2 days for pickup. That was not worth risk.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Same for me. my UW2 and 15+ both coming from Ontario, CA to Oregon. Both don't show up in MyChoice on their own. Apple Store shows correct delivery address but they don't show up in UPS app in "To Me".
I think what it means is that UPS hasn’t really scanned the package, I bet that after that it will show in the app.

Reactions: urbZZ

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2012
I talked to an apple rep and he / she was ready to make change for UPS pickup but added a risk that it might delay 1-2 days for pickup. That was not worth risk.
Thanks! Hopefully UPS will deliver before I go out for the evening.

clabern

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2013
Virginia
Ordered AWU2 right after announcement when store opened and have delivery date of the 22nd (still shows tomorrow), but still no shipping and nothing in UPS MyChoice (my iPhone 15 Pro Max had shown up in MyChoice a while ago leaving China, and as of this AM was marked shipped on Apple Store).
And just like that I got shipment notification from Apple. Tracking shows label created, so that's why it hasn't shown up in UPS MyChoice yet. Assuming overnight delivery to be here tomorrow.

esc2476

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2020
In the same boat. Since I have to pick up my phone at the store, I’ll see if they have any in stock.

Normally wouldn’t be a big deal but I have some travel planned and I’d like both devices.
Same here. I am traveling from Saturday to Friday, so it would have been nice to get it tomorrow. I may try the store route.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I do not see an option for customer counter pickup at UPS hub or Access point.

Only option is to delay delivery or have it dropped off to a neighbor.

UPS must really be clamping down on restrictions lately..

Screen Shot 2023-09-21 at 12.53.55 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.