Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Never used that one, but the Belkin one feels as smooth, if not more so, compared to the actual glass screen.

This is one of the reasons I stopped using the plastic ones. They never feel right, and not as uniformly flat as glass.

Using a protector is already a compromise. I’m not going to make the experience even worse by using plastic.

If you can mentally afford it, don’t use a screen protector at all. Naked is best.

Reactions: AE14

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Was at the apple store over the weekend to get the invisiglass replaced on my X. They told me it's been discontinued by belkin due to touch sensitivity issues? Offered me a plastic antiglare.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Was at the apple store over the weekend to get the invisiglass replaced on my X. They told me it's been discontinued by belkin due to touch sensitivity issues? Offered me a plastic antiglare.

Interesting. That’s why it’s not available on Apple’s site. I’m very happy with the anti-glare screen protector.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Interesting. That’s why it’s not available on Apple’s site. I’m very happy with the anti-glare screen protector.
I was kind of hoping the employee didn't
know what they were talking about because I was very happy with my invisiglass. I'm sad that I couldn't get it replaced. Maybe I'll check another apple store.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Just a follow up on this but I was in apple again and they said the anti glare that they use with the machine is also discontinued. They will sell an anti glare that you can install yourself but all the machine modes for the x are done for now.

She also said belkin is working on this and will release updated models soon.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Just a follow up on this but I was in apple again and they said the anti glare that they use with the machine is also discontinued. They will sell an anti glare that you can install yourself but all the machine modes for the x are done for now.

She also said belkin is working on this and will release updated models soon.

Interesting. Glad I got my machine installed Belkin anti-glare screen protector before they pulled them. Zero complaints with mine.

Last edited:

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
My wife loves hers so far, no touch sensitivity issues with her glass one. So I guess I’ll wait to find out when they get the new one in hopefully soon

yugioh5d

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2015
I am really curious what's wrong with the product. I had it on mine for around a week and doesn't seem to pose any problems at all (at least for now).

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I am really curious what's wrong with the product. I had it on mine for around a week and doesn't seem to pose any problems at all (at least for now).

The first time I went in they told me touch sensitivity issues but then yesterday she said quality issues. Could be the same thing I suppose.

yugioh5d

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2015
I believe it is more of a quality issue, the screen seems to be cracked easily. Will post back here again if mine cracks.

Payton34

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Chicago, IL
No issues with my Belkin screen protector installed at Apple with their machine the Saturday after the X was released. No cracks and no issues. This sounds like an issue that was prevelant to many which is my it was pulled from the shelves at Apple and online at both Apple and Belkin but for those of us that had them installed and haven’t had any issues, we have a great looking screen protector.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Yes plz, I would appreciate it!
Here's my Ultra installed at the Apple Store.
Perfectly centered, no dust, and no bubbles.
No hairline crack or chip, I've been using it for over a month.

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 408

yugioh5d

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2015
Oh, perfectly centered, but the side looks sorta lifted up? maybe that just lighting.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Oh, perfectly centered, but the side looks sorta lifted up? maybe that just lighting.
Yes...it's lightning and glare (sorry about that). I'll take another pic later without the glare.
The sides are not lifted up. If fact, the sides are really sealed.
The first comment from my co-workers are the sides.
They say my Belkin's sides are tighly sealed and no dust that gets stuck or caught.
Because on their glass screen protector, they have to use a scotch tape all the time to remove the stuck dust.

It's funny that people have the same comment with my Belkin Ultra for my iPhone 7 last year.
It's got to be Apple's machine that makes a difference for the sides to stick really well.

Last edited:

Manny21

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2017
Here's my Ultra installed at the Apple Store.
Perfectly centered, no dust, and no bubbles.
No hairline crack or chip, I've been using it for over a month.

Well I went today in Dallas but they have been recalled. So have to wait which is ok good thing I have a $7 dollar glass protector just the top left corner and right bottom corner don’t stick cause I lifted it several times to get dust specks off with tape... does not bother me so much but rather get the belkin hopefully the new ones don’t crack

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Well I went today in Dallas but they have been recalled. So have to wait which is ok good thing I have a $7 dollar glass protector just the top left corner and right bottom corner don’t stick cause I lifted it several times to get dust specks off with tape... does not bother me so much but rather get the belkin hopefully the new ones don’t crack
It's like magic that Apple pulled it off immediately. They said the next gen Belkin screen protector should be available in January at Apple Store.

mdawid

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
I’ve been happy with my Belkin invisiglass screen so far. Is it pricey? Yes. But, I’ve wasted money with the Zagg and found they never align perfectly and would always lift at the screen edges. Unfortunately I’m a perfectionist so I couldn’t live with the imperfections. The Belkin does come with a lifetime warranty so I’m not worried. If it breaks, I go get it replaced for free. After a month, still intact.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
My fianceé and I have ours since Nov 7th. Perfect fit. Looks and feels great. No issues thus far. Had it on our 7+s for a year as well. I really like the Belkin glass.

Manny21

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2017
It's like magic that Apple pulled it off immediately. They said the next gen Belkin screen protector should be available in January at Apple Store.

In February going to San Antonio hopefully by then it’s available I wish I had a apple store in Laredo

Reactions: rperalta
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.