Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Is the hissing loud. I don't hear anything when I put my phone to my ear randomly. Like if I'm on fb or something. So idk

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
So I went to Apple today and they put in a order for me so hopefully I'm getting a week 38-39 since they had to order it due to no stock, the Genius was on a FaceTime call with engineers at Apple and they got to hear the sound and deemed that it seems like the microphone is overly sensitive and doesn't pick up the sounds right in front of it and therefore is defective so together they decided to replace my device with a fresh 7 Plus.

yashz

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2015
USA
I went to the Apple Store Wednesday and the genius there ordered a replacement for me. Replacement received today but it's week 36, my original phone is week 37. Definitely still has the hissing sound that I can hear when the phone is on the table face up restoring from backup. I'll have to try and see if it's interfering with calls and video/music playback before deciding what to do next.

On a side note, the replacement is brighter than my original one. Still warmer than the display phones at the store though.

I guess you guys are right that I should just wait maybe a few months before exchanging again.

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
I would not wait just return it within 14 days so you get full refund. When you exchange it later you get refurblished fun which may have other problem. Ive been thru that and it was more disaster.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Guys you guys wasting time exchanging it... just return it and wait..

I'm sorry but the people here are unbelievable. I've seen this same behavior before with previous launches and it's not healthy. Swapping phone after phone for an issue that may not even be an issue. And let's not forget that trolls may have infiltrated the thread and are confusing you people even more. I'm seeing 2 different issues in one thread. You people need to get a grip on reality or like this person said, return the phone and wait for something more official. At minimum wait closer to the return policy and just enjoy the phone for the time being.

leosantossfl

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
Mine came in today and it definitely makes the hissing. I don't know what week it belongs to though...Anyways, thinking about going to an Apple Store tomorrow and just ask for a new one

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
My replacement 7 Plus finally arrived on Friday and I have an improved screen from the previous one but still not quite like my 6s Plus.
Also, there is absolutely no hissing from the phone. None. Week 37 of production.

leosantossfl

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
My replacement 7 Plus finally arrived on Friday and I have an improved screen from the previous one but still not quite like my 6s Plus.
Also, there is absolutely no hissing from the phone. None. Week 37 of production.
How many days did it take?
[doublepost=1474779322][/doublepost]
Really and you can hear it without putting ear to it.
No, no! The thing is...this is not happening to everyone, so I might as well just try another one and see what happens

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
How many days did it take?
[doublepost=1474779322][/doublepost]
No, no! The thing is...this is not happening to everyone, so I might as well just try another one and see what happens
How do you hear the hissing? I'm so confused on the hissing and mic feedback on video

shuravko

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
Those who want experience hissing at it's best should start background download something on Wifi.

Then just do video record of silence.

Wondering if there no hissing iPhone 7 out there under this conditions.

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
Just run speedtest. I just did a comparison between my 6S+ and 7+. Both make a bit of noise when running benchmark, but the 7 is definitely much louder in the coil whine. The screen is also a disappointment, my 6S+ is just as bright as the 7+ screen.

shuravko

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
Just run speedtest. I just did a comparison between my 6S+ and 7+. Both make a bit of noise when running benchmark, but the 7 is definitely much louder in the coil whine. The screen is also a disappointment, my 6S+ is just as bright as the 7+ screen.

7 should be brighter on direct sun with auto brightness on. With auto brightness on and bright light it's go beyond 100% in settings.

Reactions: michael31986

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I don't get how putting ear to back of phone is a issue lol who does that on a daily and how does it affect

shuravko

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
I don't get how putting ear to back of phone is a issue lol who does that on a daily and how does it affect

The only real problem that it ruins sound on videos.
[doublepost=1474782174][/doublepost]

Have you tried record video during wifi transfer like apps or music downloads?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.