Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikizee

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Are you referring to:

1. CPU noise under load?
2. White noise pickup from the mic during recording?
3. CPU noise being picked up by the mic during recording?

Again, people are mixing up issues within one thread.

I have all three issues!

slayer1551

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2009
Are you referring to:

1. CPU noise under load?
2. White noise pickup from the mic during recording?
3. CPU noise being picked up by the mic during recording?

Again, people are mixing up issues within one thread.

I seem to have all three also. The noise is only audible when held up to my ear which is fine.

The white noise I'm not sure if the 6s had it or not but fine I can live with that maybe they can tweak the gain.

What I can't live with is 1 + 3 combined. If I set garage band to download for eg and then start a video recording the noise can clearly be heard on the video like the other person who uploaded a sample on YouTube.

DADDYDC650

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
So glad I stuck with my Note 7. My first one didn't explode and my replacement runs better and with longer battery life. I also got 2 free Samsung 256GB EVO SD cards out of it. Hopefully Apple has better quality control with the iPhone 8 and it had better have OLED!

Last edited:

mikizee

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
I was told by a senior advisor that my videos have been submitted to engineers and they are waiting on word back. I also have a friend who works for Apple Care who said Apple are definitely aware of the issue now. I should hear back from Apple tomorrow (Australian time).

ShadowYYZ

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
I was told by a senior advisor that my videos have been submitted to engineers and they are waiting on word back. I also have a friend who works for Apple Care who said Apple are definitely aware of the issue now. I should hear back from Apple tomorrow (Australian time).

Okay cool

cinek2

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Meh. I don't trust anything they say at this point. Got so many different stories from them...

mikizee

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
I have no idea. I wouldn't mind swapping my phone sooner rather than later due to the scratch on my camera lens and the wifi/Bluetooth faults I have with it also.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I have the 6s plus and it's dead silent. Nothing like the 7 plus I had.

That video you hear no noise other than normal ambient noise.
The mic is sesitive and picks up white noise. My sound is amazing on videos I record. Went to Adele yesterday and it was great.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
So glad stuck with my Note 7. My first one didn't explode and my replacement runs better and with longer battery life. I also got 2 free Samsung 256GB EVO SD cards out of it. Hopefully Apple has better quality control with the iPhone 8 and it had better have OLED!

I think it is also going to be my choice. I don't want to run back and forth buy/return product in Apple stores. I wait 1 month if they fix it I buy iPhone 7+ if not I go with Note 7. I had Note 7 for a week and had to return it. I'm an Apple guy, but in my opinion Note 7 smokes out iPhone 7+.

IMO iPhone 7+ has better screen than OLED Note7 has

I also bought Apple Watch SS black series 2 with a clicky power button. It clicks almost as loud as a finger snap and I don't like it.

I think Apple cannot make its .... together and they only react fast on specific political issues rather than on problems with their products. I feel sorry for Apple. We still have no official statement from them about the problem and it is sad.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
No they don't. 6s plus didn't.

yes they do, mine makes the noise and so does my wifes....stop generalizing it brah'
[doublepost=1474896552][/doublepost]

well my sisters cousins works for apple tech and said you're wrong, and then my nieces nephews uncles cousin said apple wasn't aware of the issue, which is it? ;)

Reactions: imlynxy

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012

I really like when I returned my buzzing / camera noise iPhone 7+ I was told at the store that I was the first with the problem. I looked at the persons eyes and I couldn't read that she lied to me. I told her that it is always good to be first than last :))))) What can I says Apple trains/brainwashes they guys very well :)
[doublepost=1474897031][/doublepost]
yes they do, mine makes the noise and so does my wifes....stop generalizing it brah'

well my sisters cousins works for apple tech and said you're wrong, and then my nieces nephews uncles cousin said apple wasn't aware of the issue, which is it? ;)
... but all your relatives use Family account on apple store and charge your credit card :)

Last edited:

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004

at this point i'm too scared to return mine and get one with worse issues that just wait for everything to settle down. you know?

Reactions: MathersMahmood

BigSky20

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2007
Maybe already said but could be due to the new mic in the rear of phone for noise cancellation.

winterny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
Curious if anyone has managed to exchange their phone for another one without the problem?

As far as Apple employees saying they haven't heard of the problem, or haven't had anyone else return for that reason -- I would believe it. This forum doesn't even make up 1% of total apple users, and most would take a little while to ever notice the problem -- and even then may not care.

jjayr41

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
so far I have taken video outside with normal noise environment (kids talking, cars passing by etc) if you want to call it that and have no hissing or clicking/cracking sound in the video (unless its picking up white noise but again for me this is a good thing as my phone does hiss and clicks when under load). When I shoot a video in dead quiet environment then I can hear the hiss. At least for me, I rarely if ever shoot in dead quiet environments. I will be pissed once the hissing gets into videos in loud environments. Would be nice for Apple to acknowledged what the hissing/crackling noise is and not to ignore it as many people have this hissing issue..

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
so far I have taken video outside with normal noise environment (kids talking, cars passing by etc) if you want to call it that and have no hissing or clicking/cracking sound in the video (unless its picking up white noise but again for me this is a good thing as my phone does hiss and clicks when under load). When I shoot a video in dead quiet environment then I can hear the hiss. At least for me, I rarely if ever shoot in dead quiet environments. I will be pissed once the hissing gets into videos in loud environments. Would be nice for Apple to acknowledged what the hissing/crackling noise is and not to ignore it as many people have this hissing issue..

you can hear white noise if you turn the volume ALL THE WAY UP. but again, that's how microphones and sound works. The hissing/buzzing is an issue though with some phones because it was on my first one but not on the second one.

Reactions: chrizzz09

jjayr41

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
you can hear white noise if you turn the volume ALL THE WAY UP. but again, that's how microphones and sound works. The hissing/buzzing is an issue though with some phones because it was on my first one but not on the second one.

I want to exchange mine as well but hoping I will be able to once more stock comes in and apple "secretly" fixes it, plus seems like you are one of the lucky ones to exchange it and not have the hiss on the first replacement. As I've read so many that have exchanged it multiple times due to the hissing coming from the replacement phones as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.