Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Black - 128GB
Express
Initiatied replacement on Sept 23rd and received shipping information today Sept 27th. Essentially two business days. (Half day 23rd, full day 26th and half day 27th)

Thanks for the information. Is it overnight shipping, 2 day shipping, regular ground, etc?

CraigGB

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
You would never hire me, but you might be indirectly pay (and might be paying) for my work.

Ooh a guessing game, you don't happen to work on the engineering team responsible for the iPhone 7 do you? :p

edit: on second thought this might be a bad joke, please don't take offense to anything I've said, I didn't mean any! :)

Last edited:

kingofkings11

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2016
Thanks for the information. Is it overnight shipping, 2 day shipping, regular ground, etc?

THe UPS site has not updated with estimated delivery date however the email from Apple confirming tracking number says I should receive it in "about" two business days so probably the 2 day shipping you are alluding to.

Reactions: eric3312

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
That's the noise my phone was making sitting on the couch next to me. I thought I had left a window open and I could hear insects outside, before I realised my phone was doing it.

I don't believe you. The phones do make noise yes; not arguing that fact because I have it. But the phone has to be under load and within an inch of your ear. What exactly is the phone doing while sitting on the couch? If it's that bad then swapping it out will clear "your" problem. But it won't fix the issues that we have.
That guy with the video had to put the phone on top of his laptop mic for it to be picked up. We basically already knew this. But move that phone away a few inches you can't hear it.

Reactions: michael31986

brianjsw01

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
So I've noticed that if I hold my phone up to my ear and listen to the noises (mine sounds like an old dial up modem/Spectrum loading noise) and then turn the screen off it stops after a couple of seconds and is near silent. Press the sleep/wake button and activate the screen and it roars back into life.

Pull the notification pane down and up and listen :)

apacho

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2016
Frankfurt
People claiming their iPhones have problems because they hear "hissing" when recording movies.

The "hissing" while recording is 100% normal and all phones and all cameras with OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZATION make it.

This is complete nonsense, Sony Xperia phones are known to have by far the best image stabilization.
And they definitely have zero hissing while recording, I can tell by sure as my wife got one.

Reactions: MathersMahmood

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
This is complete nonsense, Sony Xperia phones are known to have by far the best image stabilization.
And they definitely have zero hissing while recording, I can tell by sure as my wife got one.

Are known by whom? Sony fanboys? Jeezzz. Full of people that profoundly irritated by my post... what's the matter?

snsking

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2013
My iPhone 7 plus was exhibiting static noises during video recording which was clearly audible. I experimented further and found that the static noise was always there even when just the screen was on and no apps were being run.

I initiated a replacement and just received my shipment tracking email with the IMEI of the replacement phone. It seems that my original phone was a Week 37 and the replacement is also a Week 37.

Awesome.
Who did you speak to? Because I have the same issue + another, and they're transferring me to the shipping department

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
Are known by whom? Sony fanboys? Jeezzz. Full of people that profoundly irritated by my post... what's the matter?
Because you don't have a clue what you are talking about! And you're calling people fanboys and shills all the while defending Apple to the hilt...

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002

Don't bother trying to debate Zirel. He's consistently attempted to minimize the experience of others here, insisting he knows better/other when that is obviously not the case wrt to the very real sound. No amount of facts will convince him otherwise.

Classic gas lighting.

The very real electronic sounds made by my 7+ (usually though not exclusively when under load) has zero to do with OIS.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
No, they don't.

You refuse to accept it, it's your right.
[doublepost=1474979317][/doublepost]

Shut up with the big font. You're not special

Bs they don't. My s7 edge just got one last night. It gets them at least once a month.

It's a known fact hissing and popping noise from inside the phone is not normal. You have already proven here you have no clue what you are saying.

reginaalear

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
I just spoke to apple about my issue. They told me I would have to go through AT&T and swap it out since it's during the 14 day period. If I do that then I'm without a phone until mid November. The issue I'm having is sounds on my videos. It's hard to describe but it almost sounds like the ocean or wind. I do have the hissing sound but it's only if I put my ear up to the back of the phone. Do you all have the sound I'm trying to describe on your videos? It is louder than the sounds that I'm actually taking video of such as my kids.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
I just spoke to apple about my issue. They told me I would have to go through AT&T and swap it out since it's during the 14 day period. If I do that then I'm without a phone until mid November. The issue I'm having is sounds on my videos. It's hard to describe but it almost sounds like the ocean or wind. I do have the hissing sound but it's only if I put my ear up to the back of the phone. Do you all have the sound I'm trying to describe on your videos? It is louder than the sounds that I'm actually taking video of such as my kids.

If I'm understanding you correctly, what they told you is incorrect. I purchased my 7 Plus through Verizon and just got authorized for a replacement via Apple. They can replace your phone. It won't be in the Apple retail packaging and it will be the new device only (no accessories, Apple Stickers, etc.)

LyricalMenace

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Did Apple really send you a replacement phone while you still had the original on your possession?

Yes because I did "express replacement" which means they put a hold on my credit card for the full phone amount. The hold will be lifted when they receive my phone I sent back.

Your other option is to send in your phone and wait. This wasn't an option for me as I had no spare phone to use.

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
Public relations in overdrive. Oh dear me. The hissing problem in iPhone 7 exists, and it is bad for some users. Totally unrefined $£€1000 product. Customers should just return their faulty iPhone 7 devices for a complete refund.

Reactions: anthonymoody

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
My only concern with getting it replaced now is that the replacement will suffer the same issue. I may wait a few weeks and take it in then.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
Week 38 phones have this issue. Some worse than others. The coil whine is normal but the interference with mic during video recording and bluetooth is unacceptable That needs to be addressed ASAP.

Looks like I have a Week 39 phone, en route for delivery tomorrow. 7 Plus 128GB.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Calculator. Or Messages. Or Camera.
haha real funny...
[doublepost=1475000059][/doublepost]
Looks like I have a Week 39 phone, en route for delivery tomorrow. 7 Plus 128GB.
Honesty i bet every week model will hve some with more significant issues and others with less. but i don't think weeks will mean anything, because i doubt apple is going to change manufacturing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.