Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
also keep in ming, half the people replying here don't even have the new iPhone, and the other majority is 6th - 9th graders with nothing better to do. Normal human adults with jobs and life don't have time to find problems or return phones endlessly.

LOL. right, if its an issue, then something will be addressed maybe, maybe not but I just cant worry about it right now. Besides its not like I can walk in the Apple Store and get a 256GB Matte Plus.

Hogg

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
also keep in ming, half the people replying here don't even have the new iPhone, and the other majority is 6th - 9th graders with nothing better to do. Normal human adults with jobs and life don't have time to find problems or return phones endlessly.

Takes about as much time for a normal human adult to exchange a defective phone, than it does to constantly comment on a forum.

Some of us can multitask a little better than others ;)

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Takes about as much time for a normal human adult to exchange a defective phone, than it does to constantly comment on a forum.

Some of us can multitask a little better than others ;)

commenting on the forum takes 5-15 seconds, i guess you're joking but returning the phone, making the call, going to the store actually costs you money.

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
LOL. right, if its an issue, then something will be addressed maybe, maybe not but I just cant worry about it right now. Besides its not like I can walk in the Apple Store and get a 256GB Matte Plus.
Too bad it's exactly like that. I've exchanged mine like 5 times.

londonbairn

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2013
I have nearly come to terms with mines. I don't hear any buzzing if I glue my ear to the back but the video static is there and generally annoying. Has every phone got this stupid static?

I have a return period until next week, I will go down one day before and see how it is all going.

ShadowYYZ

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
Look at it this way. If you can hear it while you are using the phone. Phone calls and video. Then ask for a replacement. That's what I did.. still waiting on it though. It's a new device. Just like everything new. Got to work out the bugs.

Reactions: michael31986

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I just got my 7+ today and it has this problem. Very noticeable when I playback a video recording that I just recorded with the phone.

I'll probably wait a few months and get it exchanged when they fix the problem.

mackiee

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2014
Look at it this way. If you can hear it while you are using the phone. Phone calls and video. Then ask for a replacement. That's what I did.. still waiting on it though. It's a new device. Just like everything new. Got to work out the bugs.
Yes, but each and every one of these issues should have been found by QA and fixed by the engineers BEFORE they released the product to the public...

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
My 7 Plus came today. Its definitely making the noise but i can only hear it if put my ear up to the back of it so not really an issue. If it comes out in videos I record however then I may have to try and get it replaced, however I can't imagine it would.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I can confirm that. My Nexus 6p does make a static/hiss noise while recording a 4K video in a silent room. My iPhone 7 doesn't.

Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only one not having this problem. People are insisting that I do. :D

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only one not having this problem. People are insisting that I do. :D
Not the hissing in the video. Mine doesn't have that either. I'm talking about in general listen to the back or your phone it's very subtle. But okay.

ksj0823

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2014

my replacement just arrived few minutes ago. It is slightly better, but still buzzing noise on the back of the phone. I can hear it during the setup process.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I still can't figure out if some of the videos here are recorded with the phone or the noise comes from a distance and it was recorded with another phone.

drgoldilocks

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
My new iphone 7+ RG 32gb, just gotten today. Just checked, week 38. China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn. I hear the winding coil on the back of the phone, by the apple logo only if I put my ears to it. It's a faint hiss. It's not loud enough to hear it in the silent room if the phone is next to me, only will hear it if I put it up to my ear.

As for video recording, it is caught in the video recordings like a high pitched white noise. It is different from my iphone 5s or iphone 6+ videos b/c all of them have this lower pitch white noise sound, but the iphone 7+ has a loud and higher pitch sound. I think this might be normal based on everyone's experience in this forum. Going to play with it for a few more days but leaning toward keeping it or exchanging it later in the year if it bothers me. I'm just grateful that the sound isn't so loud that I can hear it when it's next to me.

Reactions: michael31986

idark77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
My new iphone 7+ RG 32gb, just gotten today. Just checked, week 38. China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn. I hear the winding coil on the back of the phone, by the apple logo only if I put my ears to it. It's a faint hiss. It's not loud enough to hear it in the silent room if the phone is next to me, only will hear it if I put it up to my ear.

As for video recording, it is caught in the video recordings like a high pitched white noise. It is different from my iphone 5s or iphone 6+ videos b/c all of them have this lower pitch white noise sound, but the iphone 7+ has a loud and higher pitch sound. I think this might be normal based on everyone's experience in this forum. Going to play with it for a few more days but leaning toward keeping it or exchanging it later in the year if it bothers me. I'm just grateful that the sound isn't so loud that I can hear it when it's next to me.

Please where can I check production week?

-Update-
I found it:
http://sndeep.info/en

Last edited:

mikizee

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
After repeated phone calls I finally convinced Apple to send me an express replacement. Wonder how long it will take for it to turn up!

hipnotizer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
After repeated phone calls I finally convinced Apple to send me an express replacement. Wonder how long it will take for it to turn up!

Apple did the same for me. Fingers crossed that the second one is better....

Best of luck with your replacement! :):apple::apple::)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.