Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I received mine a few days ago and I do not have any hissing on my 7+.
Not just making videos.

How about listening to the back of the phone and listening closely.

I think everyone confuses sounds in video and sound from the back with your ear place to it.

At0m1cPunk

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
I just got my 7+ Jet Black 128GB. I'm restoring my phone and I don't hear anything. It's pretty quiet.
What carrier is yours?
[doublepost=1475540422][/doublepost]When posting issues in this thread I think we should also include the carrier because of the different chips used. I have noise on my Verizon 7 plus but my coworker has zero noise even holding it to your ear on the back. His is an AT&T model using t he intel chips.

resaka

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
What carrier is yours?
[doublepost=1475540422][/doublepost]When posting issues in this thread I think we should also include the carrier because of the different chips used. I have noise on my Verizon 7 plus but my coworker has zero noise even holding it to your ear on the back. His is an AT&T model using t he intel chips.
My understanding is that the only difference between the models is the LTE modem. However, my phone is on T-Mobile and I have no noise. That is something to explore though...

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I have it with ear pressed close. I don't notice anything in videos except for white noise. The mic is way to sensitive. If I were to move my finger across the back while recording you can hear me moving my finger. It's way to sensjive

Reactions: mackiee

TheSuperE

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Portland, OR
Ok it's in my hands now first impressions... VERY hot to the touch updating my settings. Like WOW hot and the hiss... HOLY CRAP, it's definitely hissing out near the back camera as it's updating, plugged in and addressing all my app updates. Didn't expect either of these two issues! It stopped when all the updates completed but 100% was definitely making noises

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Ok has anyone received an iphone 7+ without the hissing noise and the white noise in their recorded videos?!

mackiee

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2014
How should I do it? It doesnt hiss constantly ... :/ and it is a suttle sound...

well should I keep it or should I try an other one?
Well, if you can hear it from a one meter away and it is reproducable I think chances are good you can get a better one.

AhemThisGuy

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
What carrier is yours?

T-Mobile

macfacts

macrumors 603
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
I just got my 7+ today and it has this problem. Very noticeable when I playback a video recording that I just recorded with the phone.

I'll probably wait a few months and get it exchanged when they fix the problem.

In one month, your return period will be over. You will have to hope the Apple genius is in a good mood for exchanges after 14 day return period.

drgoldilocks

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
So I wrote earlier that my RG iphone 7+ 32gb has a slight hissing on the back. That wasn't such a huge issue but for some reason when I was recording videos yesterday, EVERY single video the first 2 second is a loud white noise, like gust of wind type of static. No matter where I recorded, whether I stood still or moved, and the phone was completely naked. If it was a slight white noise, it wouldn't be a big deal, but the initial loud blast of white noise was annoying. However, I was too lazy to get it fixed b/c I already returned the previous iphone 7 for the display defect. I was going to wait a bit to see how much it will annoy me since I literally gotten it in the mail yesterday.

However, today I was recorded a video and the loud initial static in the beginning of the video is gone. Every video (11 videos yesterday that I recorded) had that initial noise but today both videos that I recorded just now doesn't. There is still the low level white noise in the background, which is tolerable b/c it was common in my other iphone models. The hissing on the back of the phone is not noticeable unless I put my ear to it, and even then it's really low. I don't know why it's different now but I'm so grateful. I think the only explanation I have is that maybe the iphone 7+ needed to be broken in.

Fingers crossed nothing else defective pops up but I'm happy and plan on keeping this iphone 7+. Just have 2 more iphones (one 7 and one 7plus) orders to be mailed to my house, and hopefully those will be defect free as well.
[doublepost=1475600406][/doublepost]
In one month, your return period will be over. You will have to hope the Apple genius is in a good mood for exchanges after 14 day return period.

I'm confused, I thought the apple warranty is 1 year so they will replace any phone with any manufacturer defect within that year. Did I misunderstood?

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA

That is right. Beyond the 14-day return period one is at the mercy of Apple or the carrier.

For instance, when I first purchased an iPhone 6s Plus I was not getting the excellent battery life that other users were reporting in forums. Moreover, the battery life was not as good as that of my 6 Plus. I was too busy to test and evaluate my device during the return period. When I came to conclude that I had a battery life issue and contacted Apple the return period had elapsed. The remote test that Apple performed on my iPhone supposedly showed that the battery was functioning properly. But I had another point of view. Since Apple would not replace or repair my device, I purchased another iPhone 6s Plus that provided the battery life that I needed and sold the one with the shorter battery life.

Right now noisy iPhones are being replaced or exchanged. But what if Apple later determines that a noisy iPhone allows the user to use the device as intended?

drgoldilocks

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
So I wrote earlier that my RG iphone 7+ 32gb has a slight hissing on the back. That wasn't such a huge issue but for some reason when I was recording videos yesterday, EVERY single video the first 2 second is a loud white noise, like gust of wind type of static. No matter where I recorded, whether I stood still or moved, and the phone was completely naked. If it was a slight white noise, it wouldn't be a big deal, but the initial loud blast of white noise was annoying. However, I was too lazy to get it fixed b/c I already returned the previous iphone 7 for the display defect. I was going to wait a bit to see how much it will annoy me since I literally gotten it in the mail yesterday.

However, today I was recorded a video and the loud initial static in the beginning of the video is gone. Every video (11 videos yesterday that I recorded) had that initial noise but today both videos that I recorded just now doesn't. There is still the low level white noise in the background, which is tolerable b/c it was common in my other iphone models. The hissing on the back of the phone is not noticeable unless I put my ear to it, and even then it's really low. I don't know why it's different now but I'm so grateful. I think the only explanation I have is that maybe the iphone 7+ needed to be broken in.

Fingers crossed nothing else defective pops up but I'm happy and plan on keeping this iphone 7+. Just have 2 more iphones (one 7 and one 7plus) orders to be mailed to my house, and hopefully those will be defect free as well.
[doublepost=1475600406][/doublepost]

I'm confused, I thought the apple warranty is 1 year so they will replace any phone with any manufacturer defect within that year. Did I misunderstood?

Nevermind, I stand corrected about my iphone haha. The initial loud static is on and off, it's only loud in the video recording apple app...it's fine in snapchat or video recording in texting apps. Must be a software thing. I think it's tolerable for now.

Reactions: michael31986

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
got mine last night... made sounds like a tiny hard drive was r/w in there... called tech support. Apple replaced in store (thanks to manager) and second one hisses too!!! This is BS.

I wouldn't care but you can hear it in vids

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.