Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mydogeatsbeats

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
So my actual status is: Yesterday when it was quiet I could hear some wired sounds at work. It came from my iphone. It was suttle but I did not have to put my ear near the phone. Same thing when I came back home and the phone downloaded updates from app store.

Then I put my ear at the back of the phone and I heard a static noise. it is an unbearable very high frequent tone.

I am in fear that it is not healthy sleeping next to a device that is making such high a frequent tone ...

Today I could not hear sounds without putting my ear next to it. but it bothers me much...

Reactions: Gzalito

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA
Strange I ran my serial number at this website and it says it was produced in week 38 (9/19-9/25) but the phone was shipped to me on September 18th? My iPhone somehow time-traveled during it's tour of Asia on it's way here LOL.

Another thing related to the iPhone 7 that is not reliable...

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
Another thing related to the iPhone 7 that is not reliable...

Yeah, the issues with this phone really bother me. I REALLY wanted one and now I feel like I have to wait around and not purchase one until I know that some of these things have been resolved. My phone is my camera and I'm always taking pics and videos of my daughters and I won't have an $1100 phone ruining these with static and popping and hissing. Really unfortunate. And the lack of public acknowledgement from Apple is bothering me. I won't be buying another until I know the coast is clear, if ever.

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA
Yeah, the issues with this phone really bother me. I REALLY wanted one and now I feel like I have to wait around and not purchase one until I know that some of these things have been resolved. My phone is my camera and I'm always taking pics and videos of my daughters and I won't have an $1100 phone ruining these with static and popping and hissing. Really unfortunate. And the lack of public acknowledgement from Apple is bothering me. I won't be buying another until I know the coast is clear, if ever.

I would not expect Apple to acknowledge any issues. At this time Apple seems to be focused on launching the iPhone 7 in more countries and selling as many units as possible while Samsung is still adversely affected by the exploding batteries crisis and before Google begins delivering Pixels. Meanwhile, the news media has not reported how widespread are the display and noise problems that users are confronting with the iPhone 7. I am going to try my luck again when Apple begins selling the SIM-free models. If I encounter the same issues, I might continue using my 6s Plus.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
I would not expect Apple to acknowledge any issues. At this time Apple seems to be focused on launching the iPhone 7 in more countries and selling as many units as possible while Samsung is still adversely affected by the exploding batteries crisis and before Google begins delivering Pixels. Meanwhile, the news media has not reported how widespread are the display and noise problems that users are confronting with the iPhone 7. I am going to try my luck again when Apple begins selling the SIM-free models. If I encounter the same issues, I might continue using my 6s Plus.

And that's what bothers me, too. Radio silence from Apple. This is an issue. There are issues. And they are widespread. This shouldn't be happening on $1k+ phones. Granted, these aren't as big of issues as Samsung is seeing with Note 7s, but it's still something that causes problems when using the phone in the normal course of business. And this needs to be addressed. I WILL NOT be buying another one unless I know 110% for sure that this has been taken care of.

mikizee

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
The louder phone that I received as a replacement is production week 35.

The quieter model (which was my original) was production week 39.

Wondering if the quieter model is as good as it gets!

I don't have high hopes for my replacement then :/

bibigon

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2011
Just got my JB+ 256GB. Week 39 model - some definite buzzing noise when I put my ear close, although it doesn't really get worse under load.

Is the consensus that it's pointless to go to an apple store and complain?

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
A few years ago after I would open my new toy I would inspect every inch and look for any flaws Back then I would be the first to listen for this "hissing".

I don't know when it stopped but now I'm not as tight that I won't even bother to see if my Plus has it.

bibigon

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2011
The only thing I care about is hissing and loud white noise on videos. I don't care if it's hissing when I put my ear to it.
Yup. Just tried making a video, and the hissing (I would call it a bee buzzing) was pretty extreme. Going to have to return, even if it takes weeks for a replacement.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Yea I'm okay with white noise cause that's just the microphone and the hissing with ear to the back isn't an issue. It's basically how the processor performs so whatever. Next iPhone will have another "bug".

Reactions: mydogeatsbeats

mydogeatsbeats

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
Myphone is also clicking while making a video its a Static unregular Click , is it normal ??

You can Hear it cleary in low noise environments if you watch the video

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
Just got my 7 plus jet black 2 days ago,except for 2 small micro scratches on the back right out of the box there are no buzzing noises with mine it's totally quite

Reactions: Balders

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 603
Sep 27, 2005
A1661 (AT&T) from BestBuy. No issues with mine -- no hissing, no high freq squealing, no lines on screen, no BT issues. So far, it's great.

Reactions: imlynxy

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
My launch iPhone 7 does not have this hissing sound nor does it have a yellow screen, its lovely and bright and crisp. Usually I get some sort of defect so Im well happy with mine.

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA
My launch iPhone 7 does not have this hissing sound nor does it have a yellow screen, its lovely and bright and crisp. Usually I get some sort of defect so Im well happy with mine.

Congratulations on your good fortune. As I read the threads I cannot find rhyme or reason for some users getting flawless devices and others encountering multiple issues through several replacements.

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015
No weird sounds with my JB 7+. Put it up to my ear and it's silent. Mine is on AT&T, wonder if maybe it's only on phones with a certain carrier?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.