Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonstatt1

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
Mine sounds like the recent others here. My wife had a 6s and it also has hiss on video. A little less but not a different order. This is not from the coil whine.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2013
Err. No you don't. You have 10.0.2 !!
[doublepost=1476600701][/doublepost]This thread is still confused. Even if you have a phone that doesn't have coil whine there is STILL hiss on the video more than previous iPhones.

I just installed the latest beta and I think the hiss is reduced but it's not gone. I don't have another phone to compare against but will try later
Oh sorry got confused lol, I actuallly can't hear anything unless I put my phone right up super close to my ear other then that I hear nothing, I can hear the hissing on video playback but that's if I do a video in a quite room with no noise but if I do a video that has ppl talking etc I hear nothing.

kiki lala

Suspended
Oct 15, 2016
yours was like my friend iPhone 7 regular. no white noise but rather bizz and zizzzz if carefully listen because of your background windy sound too loud . your's iPhone 7 plus or regular?

n20nine

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
So I was at regent street apple store today, bought another 7 plus. Ended up getting week 37 model which was quite similar but softer in noise. Returned it on the spot. Got my existing week 39 swapped out. They only had a week 38 unit to spare. Noise seems so much more faint, almost gone but the speakers are not as loud on this :( Will go back after 2 weeks to see if can get a Week 41 unit.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Well I returned my 7 plus yesterday. Unfortunately they didn't have any pluses for me to repurchase. Think will wait a few weeks and buy a sim free.

kiki lala

Suspended
Oct 15, 2016
trufen how bad is the returned iphone? do you mine post existing video here? everyone here included me like to know what the different of noise we talk about. thanks

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2013
I don't think manufacturing week matters, mine is week 37 and I have no issues knock on wood.

Bhs1975

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
Swapped mine out the other day and I had some very faint noise with my ear on the back when It was restoring but nothing after that while doing Speedtest and Geekbench.

Crichton333

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2014
Not sure if you should "put it on your face to hear better", a malfunctioning product that can burn you badly and contains acid in the battery. Better just return it.

mydogeatsbeats

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
I dont think that they will fix it anytime soon. It is a major harware flaw. Just because some Report 41 phones are fine doesnt mean anything

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I dont think that they will fix it anytime soon. It is a major harware flaw. Just because some Report 41 phones are fine doesnt mean anything

You don't think they will fix What exactly? What is there to be fixed? We don't know if it's a major hardware flaw and it also does not render the iPhone inoperable. Some have stated it's from when the processor is under a heavy load and causing a coil wind, which so happens to be near the microphone when recording.
[doublepost=1476691374][/doublepost]
Oh okay that's good to hear. I hope they can reduce the mic sensitivity in a software update.

That's a good point. I think a software update could contribute to assisting in the microphone. I doubt there ever would be a hardware fix, at least until Apple admits
This.

Last edited:

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Yeah personally I feel this is a dying issue. I'm not about to get caught all up with trying to return or get a replacement, 8im just accepting it and it is what it is. I doubt I will be recording someone that quiet on video where I can hear the noise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.