Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flipjlo

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
I saw some extra stock was added in Calgary (8am local), but I still don't see any available for reservation or pickup in Edmonton :(

Hoping to nab a 128GB space black 14 pro max
Yup not sure what’s happening in Edmonton. None since preorders started. Everywhere else there some stock refreshes. Must not allocate there stocks yet. Keep checking

Reactions: pnadon

Hawk10eye

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2022
After multiple tries I gave up on Paybright and decided to pay full , luckily after few hours of trying I got launch day store pick , question is ,will they charge my card before I can pickup or I have to pay instore during pickup ? , if instore can I switch to Paybright instore ?

maricc

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
For people that used Paybright “successfully” are their orders still at “your payment approval is pending”?
It stayed at that for about 6-7 hours then changed to processing - the first order I did. I then did a second order in the middle of the night that changed to processing immediately. Lol…

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
I was lucky to grab a reservation in Calgary for next Saturday!

Nabbed a 14 Pro Max 512gb in deep purple. Going to keep an eye out for 256 since 512 is a little overkill for me, but it was available.

Mavik91

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
Did anyone upgrade to the Apple watch announced this year?
The Ultra has some great features that I wish were available in the S8 (like better battery life), but I’m keeping my S7. The changes from year to year for the AW are really incremental and not really worth it, IMO. The Ultra is too bulky for me and not suited to my needs.

Reactions: MG999

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Did anyone upgrade to the Apple watch announced this year?

While the Ultra looks very good, it’s far too big for me. Maybe it’ll feel/look different in person. I’m also not extreme enough to fully take advantage of it.

The S8 doesn’t offer anything truly worth upgrading for me yet. The bigger screen looks nice though. And I’m sure the women’s health features will be well appreciated.

MG999

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Totally hear you guys. I have been waiting for a tougher watch w longer battery life so took the plunge. I odnt do ultra marathons or extensive hikes, but a lot of runs and workouts etc. So GPS accuracy, battery life and durability were big for me.

Will see how it looks in person though!

kristell

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2020
Live in Halifax now too. Showed unavailable until just now...Just reserved a spot.
hi! did you do pickup or reservation? I tried to purchase online and pickup but it just takes me back to delivery and says not available for pickup. Only thing I could do is In-store reservation on the 16th. Got the model I want though. :)

niloc22

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
hi! did you do pickup or reservation? I tried to purchase online and pickup but it just takes me back to delivery and says not available for pickup. Only thing I could do is In-store reservation on the 16th. Got the model I want though. :)
I did the reservation too. Didn’t think to try purchase and pickup.

thomstarboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
I saw some extra stock was added in Calgary (8am local), but I still don't see any available for reservation or pickup in Edmonton :(

Edmonton is live. Reserve now
Thanks to you I managed to get a reservation at West Edmonton Mall (still would have preferred Southgate though).

For those familiar with the reservation system, do you guys think it’s relatively safe and certain that the phone will be there on the 16th (I did online in-store reservation rather than purchase)? I’m wondering if, since I now have the reservation, it’s now safe to cancel my earlier September 19th delivery order (which I initially chose because no Edmonton stores had the in-store pickup options until just now). Or should I wait and hold on to both just to be safe and just return the one I don’t need?

flipjlo

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Thanks to you I managed to get a reservation at West Edmonton Mall (still would have preferred Southgate though).

For those familiar with the reservation system, do you guys think it’s relatively safe and certain that the phone will be there on the 16th (I did online in-store reservation rather than purchase)? I’m wondering if, since I now have the reservation, it’s now safe to cancel my earlier September 19th delivery order (which I initially chose because no Edmonton stores had the in-store pickup options until just now). Or should I wait and hold on to both just to be safe and just return the one I don’t need?
Welcome to help. I do reservations every year. They hold your phone until the allotted time or even few hours after. Had no problems For launch day. I cancelled my mail ordt. Only did the mail order because Edmonton was late

Hawk10eye

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2022
what are the chances of getting a reservation back in Mississauga? , I did manage to place a launch day in store pick up yesterday night , however I would like to use paybright, which I think can be with only reservation.

thomstarboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
Welcome to help. I do reservations every year. They hold your phone until the allotted time or even few hours after. Had no problems For launch day. I cancelled my mail ordt. Only did the mail order because Edmonton was late
Thanks again, and just to be 100% clear, you think I'm probably safe to go ahead and cancel the September 19th mail order and instead rely entirely on the September 16th reservation that I just made, correct?

flipjlo

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Thanks again, and just to be 100% clear, you think I'm probably safe to go ahead and cancel the September 19th mail order and instead rely entirely on the September 16th reservation that I just made, correct?
100% sure. As long as you a reservation with email confirmation or apple store confirmation You are good to go. Just make sure you come to your allotted time. Bring you ID. I just canceled my mail order earlierWhen I got a reservation.

MG999

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
In-store pickup: Buy online first, pick-up within 14 days

In-store reservation: Reserve first, buy in-store on same day only
I think on the 16th at 7/8am you should be able to check online also and there may be an option to order and pickup in store. If not 16th, 17/18 for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.