Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hawk10eye

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2022
A bunch of stores near me had the phone I want showing available for pickup for the 16th. But each and every time I went to check out it would say unavailable when processing payment.

Yes, you need to be fast, have your app loaded with order you need , just before the next button which shows store select to pickup. Once you find it available via web browser , hit next in app and finish it, this is worked for me.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
My PayBright link actually ended up loading. Put my phone number in, they send me a code. I entered the code, then it said there was a problem and it cancelled my entire Apple order.
Last night, some launch day stock showed up at a couple Toronto locations for my particular model. Was able to check out with PayBright quickly with zero issues. I still have an in-store reservation which I will probably cancel, but gonna hold it for now, because you never know LoL.

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 12.57.06.png

Also, as others mentioned in this thread, it appears that Apple/PayBright is showing the incorrect tax amount for me as well. Again, my gut feeling says the correct tax amount will post once the phone has been shipped/picked up, but if not, I will definitely be escalating this up to Apple and PayBright. Note the fine print at the bottom of the e-mail: "The actual tax, if applicable, will be applied when the order ships and your final invoice is issued."

IMG_9533.jpeg

Indominus

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
Yes, you need to be fast, have your app loaded with order you need , just before the next button which shows store select to pickup. Once you find it available via web browser , hit next in app and finish it, this is worked for me.
I’m gonna keep trying this. But I honestly did this exact thing like 25+ times Friday and yesterday.

Each time it would be processing payment, then ask me to update contact info which would automatically get blanked out even though it was there at the beginning, then it would get a blue exclamation mark error, and say unavailable. This is all using Apple Pay.

Hawk10eye

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2022
I’m gonna keep trying this. But I honestly did this exact thing like 25+ times Friday and yesterday.

Each time it would be processing payment, then ask me to update contact info which would automatically get blanked out even though it was there at the beginning, then it would get a blue exclamation mark error, and say unavailable. This is all using Apple Pay.

I would suggest to try In store reservation then, which is very quick.

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Last night, some launch day stock showed up at a couple Toronto locations for my particular model. Was able to check out with PayBright quickly with zero issues. I still have an in-store reservation which I will probably cancel, but gonna hold it for now, because you never know LoL.

View attachment 2057911

Also, as others mentioned in this thread, it appears that Apple/PayBright is showing the incorrect tax amount for me as well. Again, my gut feeling says the correct tax amount will post once the phone has been shipped/picked up, but if not, I will definitely be escalating this up to Apple and PayBright. Note the fine print at the bottom of the e-mail: "The actual tax, if applicable, will be applied when the order ships and your final invoice is issued."

View attachment 2057912
1TB Space Black easier to get since it's the priciest model :)

Reactions: r.d

SRTM

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2011
My wife’s 14 pro 128gb is preparing to ship. Mine doesn’t arrive till October.
Hope I don’t regret getting 128gb. I’m always on the cusp of 64gb currently, and always need to delete stuff.

Indominus

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
Pickup is different from reservation , in reservation you need to pay in store , this will save time as we avoid entering payment stuffs in checkout.

In-store pickup: Buy online first, pick-up within 14 days

In-store reservation: Reserve first, buy in-store on same day only
Ah. Interesting. Had no idea there were two options getting it from the store. Learn something new everyday.

All my previous iPhones have been launch day delivery. I wasn’t able to order when preorders opened, so now my own chance of getting the 14 Pro in September is from a store.

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
My wife’s 14 pro 128gb is preparing to ship. Mine doesn’t arrive till October.
Hope I don’t regret getting 128gb. I’m always on the cusp of 64gb currently, and always need to delete stuff.

I switched from 128gb to 256gb due to 4K ProRes is only available for 256Gb or higher due to the size of the files. Apple is good at screwing people by not telling them exactly what they want to hear.

Reactions: KO7

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Looks like there is a shortage of Silver Pro/Pro Max.

Apple looks like they constantly pushing space black and deep purple.

Last edited:

reeneebob

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2015
The Ultra has some great features that I wish were available in the S8 (like better battery life), but I’m keeping my S7. The changes from year to year for the AW are really incremental and not really worth it, IMO. The Ultra is too bulky for me and not suited to my needs.

I’m still on the S3 but it’s weird - I am not compelled to upgrade my watch until it breaks or the battery goes up in smoke. I have deeeeeep gouges in the face and lord knows I would love a new one, but unlike the phones I can’t justify it to myself lol.

The S8 looks fantastic and I love the always on and full face display…but maybe later. I’m also toying with going back to my traditional watches. I wore one of my Guess watches to an event this summer and forgot how much I missed my old analogue watches.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada

View attachment 2057911

View attachment 2057912
Hoping they sort out the tax situation as well. In my paybright account it shows a pending payment for the full value of the tax but I’m hoping that changes once the device ships, as you’ve said.

I dropped like $100 on a decoded case and would love for the tax savings to pay for that case haha

• Love
Reactions: r.d

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
I’m getting an iPhone on launch day for the first time in since the 7 plus!

I managed to snag a pro last night on a refresh or cancellation for pick up using PayBright. Approved, paid the taxes etc (at least as far as I know) got an email this morning saying my order is being processed.

When I look at the status in the Apple Store App, it shows as “on hold” and “once your application is approved we will email you updated information

Is this normal with PayBright users? Should I chalk it up to a backlog of orders?

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
I’m getting an iPhone on launch day for the first time in since the 7 plus!

I managed to snag a pro last night on a refresh or cancellation for pick up using PayBright. Approved, paid the taxes etc (at least as far as I know) got an email this morning saying my order is being processed.

When I look at the status in the Apple Store App, it shows as “on hold” and “once your application is approved we will email you updated information

Is this normal with PayBright users? Should I chalk it up to a backlog of orders?
It’s a backlog on the app. If you view your order on a desktop browser, it will say Processing.

Reactions: ultra7k

abydm

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2014
ordered at 6:04am on friday (14pm256gh), preparing to ship as of this morning, eta Friday Sept 16 2022.
i for one, had zero issues pre-ordering, in/out 5 min
Calgary, AB

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
It’s a backlog on the app. If you view your order on a desktop browser, it will say Processing.
Awesome, thanks! That’s definitely not what I thought the answer would be!

Also, how strict are the stores for pick up times? I’ve only ever had it shipped to me.

ar2000

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2020
I got a pro max 256 for a Friday delivery date and it’s still processing is that bad?

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Looks like I am back to square one. I decided to cancel my 14 Pro Gold 256GB and wait for a Silver to come available. Both my personal and work phones are silver/white and want to remain with that. Otherwise, I will go through work. Let the excitement die down as I am not in a hurry.

All I see on their site is Space Black and Deep Purple popping up consistently. I think that is craziness. I have never been a fan of dark colour phones.

Hawk10eye

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2022
Looks like I am back to square one. I decided to cancel my 14 Pro Gold 256GB and wait for a Silver to come available. Both my personal and work phones are silver/white and want to remain with that. Otherwise, I will go through work. Let the excitement die down as I am not in a hurry.

All I see on their site is Space Black and Deep Purple popping up consistently. I think that is craziness. I have never been a fan of dark colour phones.

Which store are you looking for reservation or pickup ?

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Which store are you looking for reservation or pickup ?
Anywhere in the GTA. No Silver showing up anywhere. I am wondering if I go to the Eaton Centre and line up on Friday morning at 6am (they open at 8am EST this Friday). I am looking for a 14 Pro 256GB Silver. Will they take walk ins? Does anyone know from previous launch days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.