Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heymiche

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2022
I am waiting for my corp rep to get back to me under Robbers (aka Rogers). Still waiting for our corporate pricing. May end up getting my 14 Pro 256GB Silver this way instead. Get a hefty discount on it. :) Why give Apple more of my $.
exactly what i want to do! just really curious why the price is so high right now

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
Curious if anyone else has had this happen. Apple has a very old address stuck somewhere in my account, it never shows under my addresses, only when I go to checkout. I updated my address but for some reason the postal code somehow ended up unchanged. I’ve spoken to Apple and despite it being in “prepared for shipment” they confirmed as I expected, it’s packaged awaiting departure so they can’t update. They put in a request to issue a redirect after it’s shipped, has anyone had this done and had delivery date changed as a result? I used to handle carrier communications at work and know that in general a small change like a postal code correction shouldn’t but I won’t lie I’m anxious!

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Those who pre ordered Pro Max, what case are you getting ?
DEB82517-0405-4B6B-945B-F2C57FAB6E54.jpeg

Mavik91

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
Apple screwed up allocating just under half to iPhone 14 and 14 Plus. Poor sales at the moment.
Funny how the Watch S6, S7 and S8 are running the same CPU chip and the prices keep going up. Looks like they are starting to lose a bit of their mojo.
I don’t think they’re loosing their mojo, I think that news story is overblown. The people who pre-order iPhones are for the most part Apple enthusiasts, i.e., those wanting the latest and greatest, which of course will lead to the Pro models being more popular. The 14 and 14 Plus will be more popular later, for “normal” folks wanting to upgrade.

Also, this data might show that Apple’s product segmentation strategy works: reserving new features for the Pro models to push people to select these phones and increase the average sale price of iPhones. Ultimately, this is what Apple wants.

jhuynh

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012

14 and 14 Plus readily available in all colours at most stores. If you have a 13, why bother upgrading. Basically the same phone.

I have an iphone 11 and iphone 8. Upgrading the 8. But when comparing the specs on the 11, it is almost identical to 13 other than some minor camera, 5G, etc. Don't really care when it's for work. 5G still not very popular in Canada as Robbers, Bell, Telus still charging an arm and leg for the service and it's not mmWave like in the US. Don't even have a corp 5G plan available.

Apple products are becoming like "the law of diminishing returns" when upgrading. Unless you have money to burn, don't upgrade for 5 - 6 years.
I don’t buy the allocation given in the article. Nobody knows this info but Apple.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Now not due for delivery! What does Fedex think? It’s an iPhone 14 and not to be delivered till Friday. 🤣

Me, wait it’s only the iPhone 14 case. I hope others don’t get screwed over by FedEx.

F77D78D4-BFDA-4194-8121-8272A3AA05D9.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: r.d

Indominus

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
Anyone know if there are any other places to buy an unlocked iPhone 14 Pro on launch day other than the Apple Store? Carrier stores? Best Buy? Etc?

jhuynh

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
Now not due for delivery! What does Fedex think? It’s an iPhone 14 and not to be delivered till Friday. 🤣

Me, wait it’s only the iPhone 14 case. I hope others don’t get screwed over by FedEx.

View attachment 2059568

FedEx delivered my leather case to me at work today no problem.
FedEx claimed I wasn’t home today for my case delivery when I was home all day.

bellaluna

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2022
Anyone know if there are any other places to buy an unlocked iPhone 14 Pro on launch day other than the Apple Store? Carrier stores? Best Buy? Etc?
This authorized Apple reseller called Jump+ (I am not affiliated with them). they also accept financing through Flexiti and Paybright.

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
If anyone has been checking, the reservation link is showing barely any stock remaining for Pro/Pro Max across Canada. Mostly 1TB stock remaining. There is stock popping up through out the day but it's slim pickings at the moment (mostly deep purple, space black or gold). We will see what happens as we get closer to the launch day if more inventory for the Pro/Pro Max show up. I have two reservations, one for a Pro 512GB (Silver) and Pro 128GB (Deep Purple). I will be canceling the deep purple. Still trying to see if I can land the 256GB (Silver), but not sure if I will keep it if I can get one from work.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Michaud

John Michaud

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2020
If anyone has been checking, the reservation link is showing barely any stock remaining for Pro/Pro Max across Canada. Mostly 1TB stock remaining. There is stock popping up through out the day but it's slim pickings at the moment (mostly deep purple, space black or gold). We will see what happens as we get closer to the launch day if more inventory for the Pro/Pro Max show up. I have two reservations, one for a Pro 512GB (Silver) and Pro 128GB (Deep Purple). I will be canceling the deep purple. Still trying to see if I can land the 256GB (Silver), but not sure if I will keep it if I can get one from work.
When you reserve for pickup, do they charge your credit card right away? I'm refreshing constantly since my online order says oct 4-12

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.