Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indominus

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
I preordered pretty late (yesterday) by constantly refreshing in-store availability for hours lol

Picking up the iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Space Black on Saturday! Hope they send me the ready-for-pickup email on Friday, I’d love to go earlier
Where are you located? I've been non-stop refreshing for a 14 Pro Space Black 256GB and the only location I saw that this model pop up on was Quebec.

Indominus

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
Cancellations to reservations and orders.

Additional stock won’t arrive to the store until after launch day.
dont they have additional stock apart from the preorders in stores on launch day?

I've seen it mentioned a few times to check on launch day for in store pickup options. I believe last year almost all models were available for launch day pickup in store but they only were available to purchase on the launch day

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
dont they have additional stock apart from the preorders in stores on launch day?

I've seen it mentioned a few times to check on launch day for in store pickup options. I believe last year almost all models were available for launch day pickup in store but they only were available to purchase on the launch day
Yes, they will get launch-day stock on launch day. But that won't be updated until launch day, as the store needs to physically verify inventory on-hand.

The reservation online now is only based on guaranteed allocated stock from Apple.

Indominus

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
Yes, they will get launch-day stock on launch day. But that won't be updated until launch day, as the store needs to physically verify inventory on-hand.

The reservation online now is only based on guaranteed allocated stock from Apple.
Got it. Thanks.

Fingers crossed any store in GTA has a phone for me from the launch day stock.

Reactions: r.d

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Could be various things, more stock being allocated to the store, people cancelling there in store pick up, but I assume it’s the more stock being allocated the initial batch.

Its basically the initial stock that is being re-shuffled through cancelled reservations. If you look at the current availability, there is barely anything available across Canada. A handful of Pro 1TB Gold as of this post and one here and one there showing up throughout the day. You are lucky if you can reserve what you are looking for up until launch day.

John Michaud

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2020
Its basically the initial stock that is being re-shuffled through cancelled reservations. If you look at the current availability, there is barely anything available across Canada. A handful of Pro 1TB Gold as of this post and one here and one there showing up throughout the day. You are lucky if you can reserve what you are looking for up until launch day.
yeah that makes sense. I've been looking non-stop and there's no 128gb pro models.

akhil994

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
Reserved one iPhone 14 Pro 512 GB and one 14 Pro Max 512 GB, both in deep purple for in store pickup for the 16th.

I have another reservation for 14 Pro 512 GB (Deep Purple) for 17th which I want to cancel. This is for Square One Mississauga location. In case anyone here is interested, can cancel and they can reserve it immediately.

Indominus

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
I was just able to get a 14 Pro 256gb Deep Purple reservation at Yorkdale. Its my backup plan if I'm not able to get Space Black reservation.

Reactions: r.d

pmac99

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2020
Toronto, ON, CA
Where are you located? I've been non-stop refreshing for a 14 Pro Space Black 256GB and the only location I saw that this model pop up on was Quebec.
I’m in GTA.. lucked out finding one in Newmarket. Bit of a drive but it’s worth it!

Last edited:

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Im hoping its a blessing is disguise that I won't get mine right away. Gives me a chance to watch some reviews from some of my trusted YouTube channels and make sure its worth it. Im sure it is

MG999

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Im hoping its a blessing is disguise that I won't get mine right away. Gives me a chance to watch some reviews from some of my trusted YouTube channels and make sure its worth it. Im sure it is
I think embargo lifts at 9am EST tomorrow for reviews and first impressions.

jhuynh

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
Somehow Apple decided to ship me 2 cases for my 14 pro. I double checked my order to make sure I only ordered 1. Not sure what to do with the second one.

DaveMBP

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2009
Just for fun, I made this site that uses Apple's backend API to fetch iPhone reservation info.
For each model (base/plus/pro), it shows a single page that lists what's in stock for each store, so you don't have to click through options only to be disappointed that your store doesn't have it...

You can click on a store's name to link to it, save you from scrolling everytime you refresh.

Hopefully it stays up for a decent while, we'll see! I'm not doing this for self-promotion or anything so I don't think it violates any forum rules, but I'll remove it if it does!

You can find the link in my signature.
Nice work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.