Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Looks like reservations are now stopped until 5am Friday. Is that EST or PST Or local?
Reservation system will reopen at 5:00am PT on Friday.

Reservation stock for reach store should update at 8:00am local time.

Also, the in-store pick-up option now shows “Check availability from 16/09”. Last year this went live around 7:45am local time.
12D9F03D-6A89-441C-818C-998CD195FF3D.jpeg

Mr.JARE_ee

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Reservation system will reopen at 5:00am PT on Friday.

Reservation stock for reach store should update at 8:00am local time.

Also, the in-store pick-up option now shows “Check availability from 16/09”. Last year this went live around 7:45am local time.
View attachment 2061916
Thanks OP! Have you checked with PayBright on the full taxes? It looks like my credit card payment was charged in full as well. X_X

wysiwyg1972

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Questions about returns.. I’m getting the iPhone and new AirPods Pro just days before going on vacation. If I trigger an online return on the 14th day, how long does Apple typically give us to ship the package? This is in case I decide no to keep the devices (especially with the Air Pods Pro, as I’m looking forward to testing the improved ANC on the flight.)

wysiwyg1972

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
It probably won't move to shipped until Thursday Evening/Friday Early morning
And don’t worry, if your delivery says the 16, there’s a 99% chance you will get it on that day. Everyone panics each and every year, with the same comments, yet they still get delivered. Now, you always run the risk of this bad UPS driver who just doesn’t ring the bell… but most work right into the evening as this is one of their most important days for them.

Reactions: magrat22

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Questions about returns.. I’m getting the iPhone and new AirPods Pro just days before going on vacation. If I trigger an online return on the 14th day, how long does Apple typically give us to ship the package? This is in case I decide no to keep the devices (especially with the Air Pods Pro, as I’m looking forward to testing the improved ANC on the flight.)
You get 14 days once the return label is generated. So you can always request the return on the last eligible day, which will then give you another 14 days.

Reactions: wysiwyg1972

Kblybb

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Ordered a 14 Pro Space Black 256GB from Telus at 8:05am on Friday, they said it should ship before Sept 16th. Fingers crossed it a launch day delivery 📦 🚚
I ordered from Telus too. 14 pro deep purple 256. I got an email from the webstore Friday night saying to expect it sept 16th. But no word on it being shipped as of yet!

Kblybb

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
For those that order through providers, do they normally deliver launch day or do they go to the company first and then ship out? I’ve never pre-ordered before and I have zero shipping info as of yet!

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
I sent PayBright an e-mail yesterday morning, and they haven't responded yet. As soon as they do, I will report back!
I’m thinking of just not returning my trade in lol

Then I’ll need to eat the value of the trade in credit in one lump sum (as opposed to over 24 months) but I don’t know if I can live with getting hosed so badly on the trade in value.

Hopefully PayBright provides some clarification to you on the tax issue. I’d be shocked if they were so clearly offside with this (unknowingly).

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
I’m thinking of just not returning my trade in lol

Then I’ll need to eat the value of the trade in credit in one lump sum (as opposed to over 24 months) but I don’t know if I can live with getting hosed so badly on the trade in value.

Hopefully PayBright provides some clarification to you on the tax issue. I’d be shocked if they were so clearly offside with this (unknowingly).
My gut feeling says this may be an Apple issue, because Apple is the one that is providing the order details to PayBright to complete the transaction. But we'll see what they say once they reply.

I tried to look up Apple Canada's Corporate contact details. There used to be a list of names on Apple.ca, but now it's just a mailing address and phone number. This isn't something I would escalate to a regular customer service agent.

Reactions: nasa25

fate.tw

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2012
My shipment now shows up on UPS, tracking by reference number, my 10 digit phone number.

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxx9350

Shipment Ready for UPS

Estimated delivery: The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

The x'ed out numbers are on their end, so I can't track it with the app yet.

Last edited:

steveohan

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
My shipment now shows up on UPS, tracking by reference number, my 10 digit phone number.

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxx9350

Shipment Ready for UPS

Yup I’m getting the same thing as well.

Reactions: magrat22 and r.d

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxx9350

Shipment Ready for UPS

Same here.

Reactions: magrat22 and r.d

magrat22

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxx9350

Shipment Ready for UPS

I got the same :)

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
Like others have mentioned, previous pre orders for Canadians through Apple.ca have shipped from Ontario on Thursday and have always been delivered Friday for launch day. I know this was the case for my 12 Pro Max To the west coast. I can’t recall what happens last year for my 13 Pro Max. Hard to tell with reference number tracking being restricted by UPS now.

Reactions: magrat22

magrat22

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
Like others have mentioned, previous pre orders for Canadians through Apple.ca have shipped from Ontario on Thursday and have always been delivered Friday for launch day. I know this was the case for my 12 Pro Max To the west coast. I can’t recall what happens last year for my 13 Pro Max. Hard to tell with reference number tracking being restricted by UPS now.
Ahh ok, I haven’t done a preorder since the 8 lol. So I’m out of the loop on the current process. Thanks for that info

Mavik91

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
It's getting exciting seeing all these reviews and hands-on videos today with the 14 Pros. They're great phones and I feel like this is a good year to upgrade considering that next year's new features are not particularly exciting to me (USB-C and a telephoto lens).

Kblybb

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Do you know how it works with cell providers? I haven’t found much info on how their pre-orders work.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Do you know how it works with cell providers? I haven’t found much info on how their pre-orders work.
Generally very inconsistent between carriers. Would prefer to reserve through Apple. To those that don’t know, you can reserve a phone at Apple and do a carrier upgrade in-store. They have access to the carriers’ upgrade systems.

Reactions: curdy and Kblybb
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.