Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benito

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
No, go to UPS.com, then "Tracking", instead of entering a tracking number, choose on the right "Track by Reference Number". Put your 10digit phone number (without the "-") inside the Shipment Reference, choose "Canada" as destination country, add your delivery Postal Code. Done!
Thank you very much šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™ that worked.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Rumors has it that the A17 chip going into the iPhone 15. iPhone 14 already obsolete and it's not out. LOL I am skipping the 14 now. Got the "hot" deal at work on a iPhone 13. Why bother spending $1,500 on a phone when it's obsolete within the next 4-5 years?
Thatā€™s every piece of tech. The next one will always be better.

wysiwyg1972

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Thatā€™s every piece of tech. The next one will always be better.
Or, in some cases, worse. The risk of us loosing the physical SIM slot is going back. I like to be in control when moving my SIM card from device to device, especially since most Cdn carriers charge you to make the switch, when Apple makes it possible to transfer easily within the OS.

Hence, why I went with 14Pro. Was happy with my 12 Pro, but wanted one of the last physical SIM models. (Itā€™s not guaranteed Apple will remove it on the 15 for the rest of the world, but one year is enough time for carriers to adapt to esim elsewhere.

Hopefully, the regulators will force carriers in Canada to switch for free (just like they mandated phones to be unlocked). Wishful thinking though.

ragu13

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2022
Windsor, Ont
Gotta love Rogersā€¦guess this is why I bought direct from Apple past 3 releases lol

Has been 0 movement for either of the devices we preordered. Preorder positions are quite low too.

Thursday morning and no changesā€¦still says ā€˜OPENā€™ and radio silence since preordering

Could they have been backordered from the opening bell and didnā€™t communicate that to anyone?

Reactions: joajax

Faze.Dex

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2022
Hey guys, im from Brazil and just found this forum trying to know better about the pre order iPhone 14 Pro. The thing is that my cousin is in Canada right now and i asked here to try and buy the iphone problably the pickup option on the closest store, but seems all the stores dont have the pickup option...so i ll have to try and buy early in the mornig each day starting from 16/09? She ll be on CA until 19/09 thanks for the help!!

MG999

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Just got "Shipment is on its way" email from Apple.

Email also has the UPS tracking # and info now.

Reactions: curdy

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Gotta love Rogersā€¦guess this is why I bought direct from Apple past 3 releases lol

Has been 0 movement for either of the devices we preordered. Preorder positions are quite low too.

Thursday morning and no changesā€¦still says ā€˜OPENā€™ and radio silence since preordering

Could they have been backordered from the opening bell and didnā€™t communicate that to anyone?
I assume youā€™ll see movement today as the warehouse ships devices out to the store for tomorrow.

NikkoTuason

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2018
Hey guys, im from Brazil and just found this forum trying to know better about the pre order iPhone 14 Pro. The thing is that my cousin is in Canada right now and i asked here to try and buy the iphone problably the pickup option on the closest store, but seems all the stores dont have the pickup option...so i ll have to try and buy early in the mornig each day starting from 16/09? She ll be on CA until 19/09 thanks for the help!!
What part of Canada is she in? If Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, close to no chance, sheā€™s gotta get there the day before and camp in front of the queue for the Pros.

MG999

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Just log on Apple Website or Store at around 7:55am EST or 8am EST tomorrow. There should be updated stock for in store pick up. This is your best bet.

Kblybb

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Telus keeps putting the current date as ā€œorder placedā€ date, but scrolling down to bottom shows Last Updated on September 9th :rolleyes:

View attachment 2063174
EDIT: my UPS package is not the phone. Gah. I got so excited lol
Mine is the same! However, thereā€™s been a label created in my UPS app and it says delivery tomorrow from Concord. So Iā€™m sure yours is doing something similar.

Last edited:

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
What part of Canada is she in? If Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, close to no chance, sheā€™s gotta get there the day before and camp in front of the queue for the Pros.
This is incorrect. Nobody camps out anymore since reservations and in-store pickup became a thing.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, stock will update slightly before 8:00am local time for in-store pickup. It normally allows you to select 3-4 days ahead.

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
The app actually says in-store reservations will be available tomorrow starting at 5am PDT. So looks like itā€™s opening early.

Faze.Dex

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2022
Just log on Apple Website or Store at around 7:55am EST or 8am EST tomorrow. There should be updated stock for in store pick up. This is your best bet.
gonna try this! actually i ll have to ask her to do it once i think i cant buy for pickup and someone else pickup for me

Faze.Dex

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2022
This is incorrect. Nobody camps out anymore since reservations and in-store pickup became a thing.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, stock will update slightly before 8:00am local time for in-store pickup. It normally allows you to select 3-4 days ahead.t
thank! some people are saying stock will update for in store pick up 8:am and some are saying 5am

RexMan

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2022
The UPS site seems overwhelmed right now, with people hammering them for tracking info. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.