Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kblybb

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Oh no way!! I had no clue. I would have done that for sure. Good to know for next time. Thanks!

pducharme

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Sherbrooke, QC
How did you find the tracking number? Are you using the reference number that apple gives with your order?
No, go to UPS.com, then "Tracking", instead of entering a tracking number, choose on the right "Track by Reference Number". Put your 10digit phone number (without the "-") inside the Shipment Reference, choose "Canada" as destination country, add your delivery Postal Code. Done!

arbitrage

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
I ordered from Telus too. 14 pro deep purple 256. I got an email from the webstore Friday night saying to expect it sept 16th. But no word on it being shipped as of yet!
I checked through my emails from Telus on Friday confirming my phone order and updated phone plan contract but they don't say what the expected ship date is. It was saying Sept 16th when I was placing the order so hopefully it will still happen.

I ordered 14ProMax Black 128GB through EPP.

Reactions: Kblybb

Salinger

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Toronto, ON
My 14 Pro is still showing as "Preparing to Ship" which had me a little worried this late in the game as in the past, all my pre-orders have shipped from China and take several days. But I logged into my UPS My Choice and see that the UPS label has already been created and it's shipping from Clayton, Indiana in the US. #Relief

joajax

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2019
Anyone else order through Rogers for in-store pickup? I ordered an iPhone 14 Pro Max 256 Deep Purple on Friday 8:45am EST and was #65 at my store for pick up. Been checking every now and then to see if there are any updates and EVERY time I go to status page it says the page is under maintenance. Like since Friday. I guess I should have learned my lesson when we had that outage :(

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Anyone else order through Rogers for in-store pickup? I ordered an iPhone 14 Pro Max 256 Deep Purple on Friday 8:45am EST and was #65 at my store for pick up. Been checking every now and then to see if there are any updates and EVERY time I go to status page it says the page is under maintenance. Like since Friday. I guess I should have learned my lesson when we had that outage :(
It’s #65 nationwide for that specific model and size combination.

Stick with PayBright if you want to finance. I’ve had enough of rogers upgrade shenanigans over the years.

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
No, go to UPS.com, then "Tracking", instead of entering a tracking number, choose on the right "Track by Reference Number". Put your 10digit phone number (without the "-") inside the Shipment Reference, choose "Canada" as destination country, add your delivery Postal Code. Done!
Didn't work for me :(

pducharme

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Sherbrooke, QC
Anyone tried this method to get the full UPS tracking number? https://github.com/randolph-/ups-tracking-cracker
It works in the US last year, but I have no idea what the first eight characters of the tracking number after “1Z” are this year.
Just tried, but I don't have the first 8 number of the Tracking number. So all 0's gave me this error :

Code:
FINDING POSSIBLE TRACKING NUMBERS... (THIS MAY TAKE A BIT)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/pducharme/Downloads/cracker.py", line 132, in <module>
    main()
  File "/Users/pducharme/Downloads/cracker.py", line 125, in main
    if test_tracking_number(tracking_number):
  File "/Users/pducharme/Downloads/cracker.py", line 61, in test_tracking_number
    return j['data']['items'][0]['status'] != 'notfound' \
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str
pducharme@MacBook-Pro-de-Patrick Downloads %

joajax

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2019
It’s #65 nationwide for that specific model and size combination.

Stick with PayBright if you want to finance. I’ve had enough of rogers upgrade shenanigans over the years.
Ah thanks, good to know! I guess that’s a pretty good number nationwide!

I was planning on financing through Rogers. The 24 month deal where I keep my phone at the end lol…it’s what I’ve usually done over the years. You recommend not doing it through them? Bad experiences?

Thanks.

Reactions: nasa25

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Ah thanks, good to know! I guess that’s a pretty good number nationwide!

I was planning on financing through Rogers. The 24 month deal where I keep my phone at the end lol…it’s what I’ve usually done over the years. You recommend not doing it through them? Bad experiences?

Thanks.
They just have server issues every year.

Although I heard this year was a breeze because everyone that used to buy through rogers is now buying through PayBright lmaoooo.

So really maybe I should switch back to rogers.

joajax

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2019
They just have server issues every year.

Although I heard this year was a breeze because everyone that used to buy through rogers is now buying through PayBright lmaoooo.

So really maybe I should switch back to rogers.
Yes, I hear you about the server issues. My wifi at home is Fido (Rogers) and after the outage this summer I told myself time to change to different cell provider. So at least if one is down I have the other. Well so much for that thought 🤣

Reactions: nasa25

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Rumors has it that the A17 chip going into the iPhone 15. iPhone 14 already obsolete and it's not out. LOL I am skipping the 14 now. Got the "hot" deal at work on a iPhone 13. Why bother spending $1,500 on a phone when it's obsolete within the next 4-5 years?

kevinruan26

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2022
Rumors has it that the A17 chip going into the iPhone 15. iPhone 14 already obsolete and it's not out. LOL I am skipping the 14 now. Got the "hot" deal at work on a iPhone 13. Why bother spending $1,500 on a phone when it's obsolete within the next 4-5 years?
I feel like there's usually no need to do yearly upgrades if you don't have a thousand dollar hole in your wallet or if its not free

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
I’m upgrading from 12 to 14p only because my business is paying for it. Otherwise I would never ever spend 1k+ on a phone for myself or my husband. Not a chance!!!

Reactions: madrigal77

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
I feel like there's usually no need to do yearly upgrades if you don't have a thousand dollar hole in your wallet or if its not free
I was thinking of a Pro but now I got a great deal on the 13 to replace my 8, so I am going with that. I still cannot justify paying $1,500 for a phone. I did it once back in 1995 buying the Motorola Microtac Elite ($1,400, yup you got that right!). I said I would never do that again so far so good.

Reactions: kevinruan26

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
I’m upgrading from 12 to 14p only because my business is paying for it. Otherwise I would never ever spend 1k+ on a phone for myself or my husband. Not a chance!!!
I've done the same through work and decided in the last day not to pursue buying through Apple.

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
Do you know how it works with cell providers? I haven’t found much info on how their pre-orders work.
I don’t exactly know as I’ve never pre ordered through a carrier. During the iPhone 11 Pro pre orders a friend did through Telus and it was available for him to pick up in a Telus store on launch day.

Ambassador2022

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2022
Just tried, but I don't have the first 8 number of the Tracking number. So all 0's gave me this error :

Code:
FINDING POSSIBLE TRACKING NUMBERS... (THIS MAY TAKE A BIT)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/pducharme/Downloads/cracker.py", line 132, in <module>
    main()
  File "/Users/pducharme/Downloads/cracker.py", line 125, in main
    if test_tracking_number(tracking_number):
  File "/Users/pducharme/Downloads/cracker.py", line 61, in test_tracking_number
    return j['data']['items'][0]['status'] != 'notfound' \
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str
pducharme@MacBook-Pro-de-Patrick Downloads %

This error means no tracking number can be found, since the first 8 numbers of the tracking number will never be all 0.

I guess if someone could share us the first 8 numbers when it pops up in the UPS My Choice app, this script will work for us.

JeffnotGeoff

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
My shipment now shows up on UPS, tracking by reference number, my 10 digit phone number.

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxx9350

Shipment Ready for UPS

Estimated delivery: The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

The x'ed out numbers are on their end, so I can't track it with the app yet.
Same here ☹️

ShawnyRHarvey

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2018
Hamilton, ON
I checked through my emails from Telus on Friday confirming my phone order and updated phone plan contract but they don't say what the expected ship date is. It was saying Sept 16th when I was placing the order so hopefully it will still happen.

I ordered 14ProMax Black 128GB through EPP.

Fingers crossed that Telus give shipping notifications today for Friday :)

ShawnyRHarvey

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2018
Hamilton, ON
Telus keeps putting the current date as “order placed” date, but scrolling down to bottom shows Last Updated on September 9th :rolleyes:

323BE8AA-CABE-4205-A409-B1050F2C277D.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.