Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Anywhere in the GTA. No Silver showing up anywhere. I am wondering if I go to the Eaton Centre and line up on Friday morning at 6am (they open at 8am EST this Friday). I am looking for a 14 Pro 256GB Silver. Will they take walk ins? Does anyone know from previous launch days.
Don't waste your time lining up early.

Last year, at 7:45am (roughly 15-20 mins before store open), Apple.ca was updated showing stock for all models and sizes at all stores for pick-up. That's how I grabbed by 13 Pro Max last year. Morning of launch day online.

Reactions: jmc111

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Don't waste your time lining up early.

Last year, at 7:45am (roughly 15-20 mins before store open), Apple.ca was updated showing stock for all models and sizes at all stores for pick-up. That's how I grabbed by 13 Pro Max last year. Morning of launch day online.
Is this the way they drum up noise so customers are go into frantic mode? Will not happen with me. It's only a phone and paying $1,500+ is still ridiculous price given a recession is coming. Apple should be thankful for anyone shelling out that kind of money. Well, I will take a look up to that point and see what happens. If it was meant to be great, if not, then the heck with it. Thanks for the heads up.

Hawk10eye

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2022
Anywhere in the GTA. No Silver showing up anywhere. I am wondering if I go to the Eaton Centre and line up on Friday morning at 6am (they open at 8am EST this Friday). I am looking for a 14 Pro 256GB Silver. Will they take walk ins? Does anyone know from previous launch days.
Stocks have been popping up through out the day , since GTA is very hot and has most demand it is hard to grab one quick.

This directly set to 14 Pro 256GB Silver and Toronto Sherway garden , so you can skip the selection steps.

Use this URL , install Easy Auto refresh in chrome and set refresh for 5 seconds. Load 14 Pro 256GB Silver from "Reserve Now" in app don't hit the next to select store, once you it is available chrome any store, switch to app hit next , select store and reserve. You should be able to grab one sooner or later.

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Stocks have been popping up through out the day , since GTA is very hot and has most demand it is hard to grab one quick.

This directly set to 14 Pro 256GB Silver and Toronto Sherway garden , so you can skip the selection steps.

Use this URL , install Easy Auto refresh in chrome and set refresh for 5 seconds. Load 14 Pro 256GB Silver from "Reserve Now" in app don't hit the next to select store, once you it is available chrome any store, switch to app hit next , select store and reserve. You should be able to grab one sooner or later.
At this point, even checking manually, all I see is the 1TB available for the Pro 14 to select across Canada. The 128 GB, 256GB and 512GB all greyed out.

ar2000

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2020
what's the way to find it? don't remember from previous years!
You go on ups track by reference and you either enter your phone number or your order number if that doesn’t work try your order number without the last two digits

Reactions: curdy

pducharme

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Sherbrooke, QC
You go on ups track by reference and you either enter your phone number or your order number if that doesn’t work try your order number without the last two digits
Can't find anything with my phone number (tried xxx-xxx-xxxx and xxxxxxxxxx), my order WXXXXXXXXXX or WXXXXXXXX (minus the 2 last digits).

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
It’s usually xxxxxxxxxx (10 digits), put Canada as destination country and your postal code no spaces Ex. Vxx0xx

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
I’m preparing for shipment but nothing on UPS for me yet. But track by reference using phone number has worked for me in the past.

Indominus

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
Anyone know if it still a thing to buy an iPhone on launch day without having a preorder?

I’m constantly refreshing to see if the model I want shows up for a launch day pickup but no luck so far.

Do the stores get additional stock apart from the preorders?

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Anyone know if it still a thing to buy an iPhone on launch day without having a preorder?

I’m constantly refreshing to see if the model I want shows up for a launch day pickup but no luck so far.

In theory they do, but it will be first come first serve with limited supply and there will likely be a line before the store even opens.

fwmireault

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada

You should look at the stock on Friday morning, I don’t believe the in store stock will be updated before that

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
My purple 14p and husband’s black 14pm for the 16th delivery both still preparing for shipping. Nothing on UPS side.

Reactions: madrigal77

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
I have been checking last few days to get a 14pro in Vancouver, no luck so far.

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
Apple screwed up allocating just under half to iPhone 14 and 14 Plus. Poor sales at the moment.
Funny how the Watch S6, S7 and S8 are running the same CPU chip and the prices keep going up. Looks like they are starting to lose a bit of their mojo.

heymiche

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2022
a bit off topic here but anyone on a corp plan and upgrading? my IT team checked for me today and the upgrade on bell is almost full retail (and yes i am eiligible for an upgrade this year)!

wondering if i wait a month or two for consumers to scoop them up first then corp price will go back to subsidized pricing

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
a bit off topic here but anyone on a corp plan and upgrading? my IT team checked for me today and the upgrade on bell is almost full retail (and yes i am eiligible for an upgrade this year)!

wondering if i wait a month or two for consumers to scoop them up first then corp price will go back to subsidized pricing
I am waiting for my corp rep to get back to me under Robbers (aka Rogers). Still waiting for our corporate pricing. May end up getting my 14 Pro 256GB Silver this way instead. Get a hefty discount on it. :) Why give Apple more of my $.

jmc111

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2021
How exactly do you know they allocated half their phones to the non-pro models?

14 and 14 Plus readily available in all colours at most stores. If you have a 13, why bother upgrading. Basically the same phone.

I have an iphone 11 and iphone 8. Upgrading the 8. But when comparing the specs on the 11, it is almost identical to 13 other than some minor camera, 5G, etc. Don't really care when it's for work. 5G still not very popular in Canada as Robbers, Bell, Telus still charging an arm and leg for the service and it's not mmWave like in the US. Don't even have a corp 5G plan available.

Apple products are becoming like "the law of diminishing returns" when upgrading. Unless you have money to burn, don't upgrade for 5 - 6 years.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.