Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
10 times? Wow!
Hell no...

I check mine closer to 100.
And I felt weird for checking my bank account and apple app every day :p You guys are worse.
Can you actually believe we are excited to be charged 2-3K USD/Eur ... We are nuts !

Still nothing on my side but my order is 02/12 so ... patience is my friend.

Agmnu

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2016
And I felt weird for checking my bank account and apple app every day :p You guys are worse.
Can you actually believe we are excited to be charged 2-3K USD/Eur ... We are nuts !

Still nothing on my side but my order is 02/12 so ... patience is my friend.
Apple 1, Humanity 0

daodeo

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2016
Worldwide
Have been lurking around for a while, now decided to register & add mine.

Ordered on Nov 22nd, tMBP 13'', 16gb, 512, with payment via PayPal. Since Dec 9 I can see an "authorization" on PayPal, however, not charged yet. Still processing, with delivery between 21.12 and 03.01.

Ordered from Germany, but with English international keyboard, that's why I assume it might take longer...

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Have been lurking around for a while, now decided to register & add mine.

Ordered on Nov 22nd, tMBP 13'', 16gb, 512, with payment via PayPal. Since Dec 9 I can see an "authorization" on PayPal, however, not charged yet. Still processing, with delivery between 21.12 and 03.01.

Ordered from Germany, but with English international keyboard, that's why I assume it might take longer...

Welcome ;) to be honest, I don't think that the keyboard makes any difference. Unless it is for the specific region with the minority, but English international doesn't seem to be that.

daodeo

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2016
Worldwide
Welcome ;) to be honest, I don't think that the keyboard makes any difference. Unless it is for the specific region with the minority, but English international doesn't seem to be that.

I just suppose that demand for standard English keyboard is much higher (due to the US & UK orders), and that Apple might have some quota on laptops for different regions (qwertz, azerty, etc) depending on % of total orders.
Who knows how their system works? :)

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
I just suppose that demand for standard English keyboard is much higher (due to the US & UK orders), and that Apple might have some quota on laptops for different regions (qwertz, azerty, etc) depending on % of total orders.
Who knows how their system works? :)

I guess, Apple shipping is one big mystery for all of us here.

iccub

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2016
It moved!
Ordered Nov 16
Billed my cc by Dec 9
Delivery(to central Europe) date didn't change though, still 28 Dec - 4 Jan

Quoting myself to not repeat my status progress.
So today I got an SMS telling that my mac was sent(with DHL Express)
Delivery date changed to to Dec 21

I hope your machines are going to move this week as well

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Nothing for me so far. I was hoping for a hold or a change in order status but still the same.

LAN7

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2016
Ordered 17 Nov
CC authorised 9 Dec, not charged yet
Delivery timeframe: 28 Dec - 4 Jan
Destination: Austria
Specs: 13", 8GB, 1TB, Space Grey, Touch Bar+ID, German keyboard

Still waiting... :(

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Getting more and more tired constantly waiting for the change. I am slowly agreeing to the fact, that the chance to get it before Christmas is low. Meh..

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
I really think the optimal order to have it shipped ASAP is 13" 512/16/US KB ...
Let's see what happens .... new challenge for me => no CC or Apple Store order checking until Saturday :rolleyes: (and hoping for a surprise).

Reactions: DavyCo

viktor121

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2016
I go in-between checking if you guys have some movement and my cc and order page everyday :D

I wanted to ask if you know about the shipping estimates, it says it ships 2-3 weeks for mine and I ordered on the 2/12.
By that estimate the latest they should ship it is the 23/12 (right?) but the date for pickup in store is 4/1?! that's just under 2 weeks delivery time, granted it's the holidays but still does that sound right to you??

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
I go in-between checking if you guys have some movement and my cc and order page everyday :D

I wanted to ask if you know about the shipping estimates, it says it ships 2-3 weeks for mine and I ordered on the 2/12.
By that estimate the latest they should ship it is the 23/12 (right?) but the date for pickup in store is 4/1?! that's just under 2 weeks delivery time, granted it's the holidays but still does that sound right to you??

I wouldn't take those weekly shipping times as a solid reference. They are just an estimates. For many of us here, it doesn't show the real life.
The most important thing is the ETA with the exact delivery window in days. And even this should be taken with a pinch of salt, as sometimes comes ealier/later.

To have a best idea when it comes, it needs has to be shipped. Then you can track your package.

daodeo

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2016
Worldwide

Just went to P4S (exactly 1 week before the earliest possible delivery date). Finally.

Reactions: ocgirl

md7

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2016
Sweden
Ordered: 2nd December
Expected delivery date: 28th Dec - 4th Jan
Configuration: 15" MBP Touch Bar, Space Gray, 2.9GHz, Radeon 460, 512GB SSD, SW Keyboard
Shipment: 2-3 weeks
To: Sweden

Will be delivered this Friday! :)

No, just kidding, wishful thinking. Status is still in Processing item. Although, they authorised my CC 10th December (Saturday). But since then, nothing has happened.

I made an order 1st of November (same configuration but the 2.7GHz), but that one I canceled because I saw I could get a 2.9GHz from third part (10th November) for "just" ~$100 more and get it delivered faster. But that was a mistake, because the delivery date from third part has been delayed a couple of times already, and the last information I got from them was 22nd December. So that made me do a new order from Apple instead. So I'm starting to get tired of all this waiting. Hopefully I will receive some good news from Apple in a day or two.

next2heaven

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2016
By the time we all get our machines, they'll have the software update that fixes all the problems with it though. At least there's a possible positive.

Sure is tough waiting. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.