Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
By the time we all get our machines, they'll have the software update that fixes all the problems with it though. At least there's a possible positive.

Sure is tough waiting. :(

True, but it could be only a software problem despite some occasional hardware issues. I couldn't believe that so many users are experiencing the same issues due to the defect of their machines.

At least we see more happy customers with their MBP's, and hopefully to become one soon!

Agmnu

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2016
I feel you, don't worry it will come soon.
Do you know how to track an order?
I think they give you the tracking number. If it says that your tracking number is invalid, some people who had problem with using the tracking number said that dropping the last two digits (or first two) helped...

imbadwithusernames

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2016
Spain
I ordered November 28th so hopefully mine ships soon. when did you see a pending charge on your account?
I saw it on Saturday, but I don't know when Apple actually made the reservation, I noticed that the amount I had on my CC was higher than the Available one, so I did the math and saw that it gave me the amount of the Mac.

Wow that is fast !!
Yeah! I'm really surprised too! I hope there won't be any problems
[doublepost=1481751906][/doublepost]
Wow that is fast !!
When did you order btw?

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
Woooow!

Just checked my cc balance and the fund has been taken. However I still don't know if it was the actual charge or just an authorization

Ordered on the 1st of December.

15'/2.6/1TB/460. Delivery 12/28-01/04.

Status still showing processing items.

Agmnu

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2016
Woooow!

Just checked my cc balance and the fund has been taken. However I still don't know if it was the actual charge or just an authorization

Ordered on the 1st of December.

15'/2.6/1TB/460. Delivery 12/28-01/04.

Status still showing processing items.
Congratulations! Apple finally took your money!
Can not wait for Apple to take mine. Ordered 7th Dec with the same delivery window.

Reactions: Jckan

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
When did you order btw?

December 2nd ... i don't see any operation yet on my CC :( I made sure to up my monthly limit with my bank so there wouldn't be any hiccups. Delivery est : 28/12 - 03/01. Starting to think it might get delayed.
I stupidly ordered at the same time dongles and the extension cord ... I hope it is not slowing down the process (oh and I added a gift note to myself too... :p)

Phoenix6304

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2016
Ordered on December 2nd as well, 13,3" TB/ 512 SSD/ 8GB RAM. I originally got 20 Dec - 30 Dec, then it changed to Dec 22 - 3 Jan and now it is Dec 28 - 3 Jan.
Not cool. :(

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Ordered on December 2nd as well, 13,3" TB/ 512 SSD/ 8GB RAM. I originally got 20 Dec - 30 Dec, then it changed to Dec 22 - 3 Jan and now it is Dec 28 - 3 Jan.
Not cool. :(
Bummer ! It is stock MBP it should be available quicker than BTO (same config as mine but I order with 16GB of RAM and Silver). Did you try checking your local apple store ? I read of some other people getting delayed ETAs.
EDIT : just noticed on Apple's page that stock are now only 1-2 weeks before shipping time , so it's even more weird !

imbadwithusernames

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2016
Spain
December 2nd ... i don't see any operation yet on my CC :( I made sure to up my monthly limit with my bank so there wouldn't be any hiccups. Delivery est : 28/12 - 03/01. Starting to think it might get delayed.
I stupidly ordered at the same time dongles and the extension cord ... I hope it is not slowing down the process (oh and I added a gift note to myself too... :p)
Don't worry, it's still on early stages, you'll see one in a week or two, if not before

Phoenix6304

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2016
Bummer ! It is stock MBP it should be available quicker than BTO (same config as mine but I order with 16GB of RAM and Silver). Did you try checking your local apple store ? I read of some other people getting delayed ETAs.
EDIT : just noticed on Apple's page that stock are now only 1-2 weeks before shipping time , so it's even more weird !

They also changed my window to shipping in 1-2 weeks, as if I just ordered yesterday.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
They also changed my window to shipping in 1-2 weeks, as if I just ordered yesterday.

Just noticed that as email. Estimates are that it only takes 3-4 business days to ship out now then you add on top the standard shipping speed. These are just churning out at this point.

Phoenix6304

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2016
It's just so weird. When I ordered my AW2 the shipping was always 3-4 weeks even the day before it got shipped. They never adjusted it to weeks remaining. I am callling the hotline right now. To me it looks like my order is being treated like it just got in yesterday. I totally understand that they are having problems to fill all the orders, but I was really hoping to transfer all my files and get used to the new MBP during my christmas vacation and that is the only reason I ordered when I saw 20 Dec - 30 Dec as the delivery estimate. I definitely did not want the waiting and getting annoyed by delays. I would have just waited until January or February when everything calms down a little.

One question: what is "churning"? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.