Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tippi81

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2016
I received a 13" Touch Bar BTO an Tuesday... It's a christmas gift for my girl and still wrapped. Should I install 10.12.2 first thing from an USB drive before even booting it up for the first time or is this nonsense and I can boot it up and start the update from the App Store?
Don't wan't to make a false move as some users report they have been told to install 10.12.2 before using the machine.
Any advice?

emremergen

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2016
hi, new user here, i made the last update which is 10.12.2 i have mac pro 13'' 512 gb with touchbar and i am still experiencing the graphic problem and i am not even using the adobe mine is happening after wake from a long sleep like 8-10 hours but sometimes it is happening in 3 hours i don't understand Apple's CEO told this update should have fix the issue but it didn't for me how about you ?

Last edited:

MrPepe

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2016
hi, new user here, i made the last update which is 10.12.2 i have mac pro 13'' 512 gb with touchbar and i am still experiencing the graphic problem and i am not even using the adobe mine is happening after wake from a long sleep like 8-10 hours but sometimes it is happening in 3 hours i don't understand Apple's CEO told this update should have fix the issue but it didn't for me how about you ?

I'm experiencing the same (graphic glitch at login when waking from sleep) after updating to 10.12.2, but I'm on a non touchbar 13". I uninstalled f.lux about 24 hours ago and have not seen the problem reoccur since doing so. Any chance you're running f.lux?

emremergen

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2016
I'm experiencing the same (graphic glitch at login when waking from sleep) after updating to 10.12.2, but I'm on a non touchbar 13". I uninstalled f.lux about 24 hours ago and have not seen the problem reoccur since doing so. Any chance you're running f.lux?
I also thought the problem was gone because last night i slept may mac and this morning the issue didn't happen and i said okay it's gone but during day i slept may mac for 2 or 3 hours i don't remember exact hour but it did happen again so don't let that one time thing confuse you it will happen again according to my experince and also i am not using the f.lux.

MrPepe

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2016
I also thought the problem was gone because last night i slept may mac and this morning the issue didn't happen and i said okay it's gone but during day i slept may mac for 2 or 3 hours i don't remember exact hour but it did happen again so don't let that one time thing confuse you it will happen again according to my experince and also i am not using the f.lux.

Yes, I agree. It can and has happened after a few hours as well as after a long overnight sleep. I've since uninstalled all third party software and have not been able reproduce the glitch, but I'll continue to monitor and report back if it happens again. Thanks for the reply!!

voyagerd

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2002
Rancho Cordova, CA
Yes there are still some like the Siri window. I still need to check Aperture though, but I won't be able to confirm if 10.2.2 or the replacement machine I got fixed it.

My 2.9G/460 MBP lasted all night generating aperture previews. It only got through 8000/76000 previews which seems slow, but didn't crash.

emremergen

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2016
Yes, I agree. It can and has happened after a few hours as well as after a long overnight sleep. I've since uninstalled all third party software and have not been able reproduce the glitch, but I'll continue to monitor and report back if it happens again. Thanks for the reply!!
Thank you for your opinions and please let me know the results!

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
anyone else that have glitches in the screensaver? sometimes weird colors and its moving alot faster than it should (flurry and albersque) also get error reports in console from screensaver.. and when going out of screensaver into that login with touchid screen it glitching too. on latest sierra version clean install

scoopz

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
Updated to Sierra 10.12.3 Beta (16D12b) and still the same intermittent graphics issues for me on both Intel 530 and Radeon 460 Pro.

In other news, my replacement BTO which was scheduled for 7-10th Jan is apparently 5-7 business days....finger's crossed.

happyhippo1337

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2013
Leaves me with a VERY mixed feelings for the longevity of this devices. Kind'a pathetic that you can't trust a 2700€ machine to hold it together for 3-4 years. But given Apples track record regarding GPU failure I 'll prob. have to return the machine and look elsewere.

seadragon

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2009
I'm ready to hit the purchase button anytime for a fully spec'd 15 inch. But, no way I'm doing that until this stuff is fixed. Apple is completely silent on this as usual. I'm sure I'm not the only potential buyer in a holding pattern.

Reactions: IronVield

emremergen

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2016
or it is fixed already? but only with the new units + latest macOS??

we need to hear from those who just got their new devices now..
but in this case it means problem should be on hardware isn't it? i really want that this issue is just a little glitch which can easily fix by new updates.

yugioh5d

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2015
I'm ready to hit the purchase button anytime for a fully spec'd 15 inch. But, no way I'm doing that until this stuff is fixed. Apple is completely silent on this as usual. I'm sure I'm not the only potential buyer in a holding pattern.
Haha same. I almost buy the unit and found out this problem in the review. At the current stage, we don't know whether it is a software or hardware or both since it only affects some machines. Some reported it is fixed while some not.

Reactions: IronVield

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
Updated to Sierra 10.12.3 Beta (16D12b) and still the same intermittent graphics issues for me on both Intel 530 and Radeon 460 Pro.

In other news, my replacement BTO which was scheduled for 7-10th Jan is apparently 5-7 business days....finger's crossed.

Yours is definetely hardware problem, which make me loose trust in my computer even though i havent noticed glitches yet after .2 install. Maby my gpu breaks down more later on instead

kley2016

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2016
I am seeing a weird graphic tear right under the "spotlight search" when you access it for the first time, only when you open the lid after the laptop has been shut off. It does not happen again when you are working. The issue returns if the laptop has been in sleep for several hours. Anybody else is experiencing this issue? I am on a MacBook Pro 2016 15" with touchbar, macOS Sierra 10.12.2. I don't remember seeing this before the update. I tried shutting off indexing but still the same issue occurs.
screen.png

Update: I turned off "Automatic Graphic Switching" and the issue did not happen. That's it, I am returning my laptop tomorrow and get my money back. I am convinced at this point that all Macbook Pros with AMD cards are suffering from the same issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wackery

jimgl

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2016

I get the "login flashing pixels glitch" on my MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar after waking from overnight sleep. I did a clean install of macOS Sierra 10.12.2 with no extra apps. I still get the login glitch which lasts about 5 seconds after waking up.

Jim

MrPepe

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2016
I get the "login flashing pixels glitch" on my MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar after waking from overnight sleep. I did a clean install of macOS Sierra 10.12.2 with no extra apps. I still get the login glitch which lasts about 5 seconds after waking up.

Jim

Yes, as seen in one of my later posts, I wound up having the glitch show up later despite not running any third party apps, so my theory is no longer good.

Last edited:

Orien

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
California

Jim
Yep, same here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.